• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My second ever Platinum trophy belongs to Ratchet and Clank. Easy to get, and the game was a total blast. Might go torture myself with those Returnal cyphers again.

I have the Stranger of Paradise demo too, any opinions on that?

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
The thought of ND spending time on a multi-player game is just ugh...

We are going to wait until 2024 at the very least for a new IP from them.

Does anybody feel like Sonys slate from the big devs atleast is super predictable? We know how the stories are going to go for next Spidey, Next Ghost and Next God of War ( Almost every possibility has been discussed at this point that I don't see the game surprising anyone story wise)

Wish we did not get sequels and instead something new from the big guns.
yeah i can't believe when i figured out in the next Ghost that after leaving the ways of a samurai to become a ninja in the sequel he leaves the ways of a ninja to invent the typewriter

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Does anybody feel like Sonys slate from the big devs atleast is super predictable? We know how the stories are going to go for next Spidey, Next Ghost and Next God of War ( Almost every possibility has been discussed at this point that I don't see the game surprising anyone story wise)

So you want only one game from SP this gen? New successful IPs don't grow on trees.

Jan 4, 2018
I have the Stranger of Paradise demo too, any opinions on that?
Gameplay wise it's very Nioh and actually pretty fun. I personally just can't get over the graphics/story/characters, though. I'd be interested to try out more demos in the future if they have them, but unless they change a lot in the final release (or if the rest of the game is just very different from what they've shown) it seems like a pass for me.

Nov 8, 2017
It's funny seeing people sharing their time to get the platinum on Ratchet. I'm at least 10 hours more than any of them and probably have the longest playtime of anyone here. Not because I was dying all the time but because I wasn't using any help to get collectibles and just loved discovering everything the world had to offer. What an amazing game and an insanely great start to the PS5 only library. It's my favorite in the series by a wide margin.

tris20

Aug 25, 2020
There are only very few puzzles that you can't do on your own. Like 99% of all puzzles are doable alone. Have you tried using Amber's puppet as a weight or Geo Traveller's boulders?

Yeah, when you go into co-op over the co-op menu, you can only request to join people in their world. What you could do is go to a domain or boss, join co-op, and once the game randomly picks you as the host just ask the people if they want to join you after the domain in some puzzle solving. Some might love to help you out. :)

Another way would be to make friends on your server and around your level and ask them to join you. Come visit the Genshin OP to make more friends! :)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/genshin-impact-ot4-anemo-crossing.426662/
Thanks for the great tips. Didn't know them.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Wonder what the qualities of Hermen Hulst are that he got chosen to be head of Playstation Studios other than the obvious actions that he did.
I mean, he did a great job setting GG up for the future and expanded them to new premises in the heart of Amsterdam before being promoted.
And more importantly, three, not one, but three heads of Guerrilla Games were named in his stead.
Were they too big shoes to fill by one head of studio?
Anyway, I can't forget his generosity with Kojima when he gave him the source code of Decima (sort of the keys to the kingdom) on a whim.
That's leadership right there, I thought.

The obvious candidates at the time were:

- Scott Rohde (manages America's studios then)
- Hermen Hulst (manages GG)
- Micheal Denny (manages Europe's studios then)

In the first place, this kind of job isn't a micro-managing role - it's about managing people and in turn, the people are allowed to do their best work. These kind of stuff don't surface to the top easily, because the caliber of leadership qualities don't always materialize in a product. For example, if we're looking solely at output of games, you'd think Jade Raymond would be a bad leader, but anecdotally her leadership qualities are regularly praised from reports at Stadia/etc.

For Hermen, the most obvious thing I can see as an outside observer is that Hermen demonstrates the highest level of... proactiveness? aggresiveness? thirst? of all Sony studio heads when it comes to making leadership-level decisions?

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020

We already know that SSM is already working on a second project other than Next God of War, Insomniac just released Ratchet and Clank (which is different from a Spider-Man game)
Naughty Dog we'll see, but the multiplayer team has nothing to do with developement of a potential new IP, they can do both things without problems

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Wonder what the qualities of Hermen Hulst are that he got chosen to be head of Playstation Studios other than the obvious actions that he did.
I mean, he did a great job setting GG up for the future and expanded them to new premises in the heart of Amsterdam before being promoted.
And more importantly, three, not one, but three heads of Guerrilla Games were named in his stead.
Anyway, I can't forget his generosity with Kojima when he gave him the source code of Decima (sort of the keys to the kingdom) on a whim.

I'm pretty sure he was vice president before taking the presidency so, that.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
For the record, this thread about a PS5/PC remaster of Bloodborne was locked but I think the guy is legit.

While Navtra brought the rumor first on May 21th, I think she only talked about "some PS5 exclusive title" and nothing more.

The name (FF Origin) and the studio (Team Ninja) was mentioned first by SoulsHunt (May 22th) before Imran Khan published his own story on Fanbyte (May 24th).
Omg there is a BB remaster leak every single week

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
For the record, this thread about a PS5/PC remaster of Bloodborne was locked but I think the guy is legit.

While Navtra brought the rumor first on May 21th, I think she only talked about "some PS5 exclusive title" and nothing more.

The name (FF Origin) and the studio (Team Ninja) was mentioned first by SoulsHunt (May 22th) before Imran Khan published his own story on Fanbyte (May 24th).

An ambitious BB remaster not developed by BP?

Also, we've been getting tons of BB PS5/PC teases since early last year, no?

Lots of smoke around this one~

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017

SIE increasing their partnerships with new studio ventures & Shu's backing, probably lead them to Hermen Hulst to be the guy for the job.

Dude's been through it all from starting in a new small studio, growing a studio's culture, to crafting & pitching a new IP. I've been thinking SIE's end goals for these partnerships are to gather & foster talented folks in locations that they've yet to establish themselves in like Montreal and blossom them onto similar trajectory as Guerilla Games, which grew to become a major beacon in Netherlands game development scene.

Also think Hermen will probably be able to quickly recognize which studio's culture fit with SIE's ideals and which studios to skip, avoiding another partnership like Quantic Dream and how it was eventually revealed that the studio heads been fostering a toxic & crunch culture.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

The name (FF Origin) and the studio (Team Ninja) were mentioned first by SoulsHunt (May 22th) before Imran Khan published his own story on Fanbyte (May 24th).
Well lets see:
Hello SoulsHunt, care to get verified on this?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Man, a lot of people are already convinced Abandoned is Kojima. Tuesday will be truly one for the books.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

The name (FF Origin) and the studio (Team Ninja) were mentioned first by SoulsHunt (May 22th) before Imran Khan published his own story on Fanbyte (May 24th).

Would love for that to be true, and I think it will happen sooner or later, but I think everyone should wait for a better source to come forward before getting their hopes up.

This rumour about a BB remaster not made by BB or FS was already mentioned some days ago in a E3 bingo card by the same person who got banned for being wrong about Sony buying BP (who also told us to expect a big Sony presence in last year TGA iirc, which was also wrong shockingly). I wouldn't be surprised if both rumours originated from the same source, which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

We already had this dumb thread last year, we don't need another one in 2021.

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So what are the latest rumors about a Sony event? Sorry I know this has been asked already a couple times, but this thread moves so damn fast... 😅
Still next week or July?

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

He's not the source of anything. He posted that FF Origin stuff on social media without permission, too. All he does is take rumors he hears and pass them off on social media like they're his, regardless of credibility.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

I swear this same complaint shows up every year... your complaining that ND is going to do something different and then complain Sony is playing it too safe with sequels. Also, I'm fine with ND doing something MP focused if its a new game, better than remaking TLOU yet again that's for sure. Plus, Sony trying to cater to more people shouldn't be seen as a bad thing, if you only want SP stuff that's fine, that's mainly what I want, but I'm not exactly sad when sequels of great games show up especially when the likes of Horizon, GOW and Spidey all end on sequel hooks (

Also, I doubt your claims about knowing how the games plots are going to play out. Did you know how TLOU2 would play out? How about (spoilers for Spidey and GOW
Loki being Kartos' son? Or how Spidey actually killed off Aunt May - something the comics still refuse to do after all these decades...
. Sure there's the odd thing here and there that's obvious from the post credits stingers on the games but if there's one thing I know from decades of reading videogame mags, message boards etc. is that fans dont know shit when it comes to most things. They come up with the most fan fictiony plots to games and actual writers tend to never follow. So no we don't know everything about these future games, heck we barely know anything.
As for GoT I'm not even sure what a sequel to that could be - could take place in a different time, in a different location... those two changes alone would drastically change up the game plenty, I'd say of all the possible sequels coming, Ghost is the one we know next to nothing about.

So really, I'm open to new stuff, sequels, SP, MP or whatever. Just not remakes... I just want NEW content, no matter what that content is. A remake isnt really new to me, its inherently less fun because despite the fact that there can be amazing remakes (RE1&2 especially), I get more disappointed when remakes aren't all they should be and end up lagging behind the originals (RE3, Yakuza Kiwami 1&2). So hopefully whatever games are coming, they are new.

RaySpace

Banned
May 9, 2021
He's not the source of anything. He posted that FF Origin stuff on social media without permission, too. All he does is take rumors he hears and pass them off on social media like they're his, regardless of credibility.
Those are some serious accusations. If you're gonna say that kind of stuff, the least you could do is tag the man himself SoulsHunt and spit it right to his face.

Also, do you have any evidence to back your claims or something? I'm just curious, 'cause at the moment of writing this, I believe that you're dead wrong about him.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
My ambitious hope for TLOU2 Factions is that it's secretly a dual-narrative The Division PvPvE clone that has you playing as either Seraphites or Wolves in the same TLOU2 map/locations, where you and two team-mates can go through the location against Clickers and enemy faction for a short campaign that is there to set-up just repeated grind and missions. And of course there's till a main PvP component.

The Seraphite island and Stadium can work as the 'main hub/base' for vendors.

But I know that's really, really unlikely.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Those are some serious accusations. If you're gonna say that kind of stuff, the least you could do is tag the man himself SoulsHunt and spit it right to his face.

Also, do you have any evidence to back your claims or something? I'm just curious, 'cause at the moment of writing this, I believe that you're dead wrong about him.

I know what I'm talking about. I wouldn't bring it up otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017

No. Santa Monica, Guerrilla, Sony London and Bend are all working on games we have no idea about. Nor do we know what Naughty Dog is making in pre-production. Or what the Ratchet & Clank team is doing next.

Mar 2, 2021
I hope whatever factions is has a solo online component
My ambitious hope for TLOU2 Factions is that it's secretly a dual-narrative The Division PvPvE clone that has you playing as either Seraphites or Wolves in the same TLOU2 map/locations, where you and two team-mates can go through the location against Clickers and enemy faction for a short campaign that is there to set-up just repeated grind and missions. And of course there's till a main PvP component.

This is my hope too. Division like game with string solo component

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020

I want this.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018

Sorry, this is totally unrelated but how is the vetting process going? I would be so hyped if some of the stuff you have said is true.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I played the FF Origins demo and it's definitely not for me. I hate the gameplay, I played for about an hour and didn't make it close to Garland.

I hate these type of games so seeing rumours of a completely unnecessary remaster of Bloodborne annys me. Just give it a 60fps patch and move on.

If anything Uncharted, Puppeteer and Ratchet deserve remasters/Remakes more than Bloodborne.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017

I like this...
Maybe something like the division darkzone as well.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021

This probably would make me play it while a normal MP i would have no interest in.

Status
Not open for further replies.