• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tris20

Aug 25, 2020
Great. I loved to play it just like a regular single player JRPG. The co-op feature is helpful if you have some difficulties with bosses or domains though. It's sort of easy mode. ;)
I freaking love the game.
Only thing I don't know how I must do it is let people in my game. I always join there's but they not mine. And I need some help with some puzzles.

But still I love it

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I freaking love the game.
Only thing I don't know how I must do it is let people in my game. I always join there's but they not mine. And I need some help with some puzzles.

But still I love it

There are only very few puzzles that you can't do on your own. Like 99% of all puzzles are doable alone. Have you tried using Amber's puppet as a weight or Geo Traveller's boulders?

Yeah, when you go into co-op over the co-op menu, you can only request to join people in their world. What you could do is go to a domain or boss, join co-op, and once the game randomly picks you as the host just ask the people if they want to join you after the domain in some puzzle solving. Some might love to help you out. :)

Another way would be to make friends on your server and around your level and ask them to join you. Come visit the Genshin OP to make more friends! :)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/genshin-impact-ot4-anemo-crossing.426662/

Last edited:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
There's really a high praise for returnal, specially for his gameplay.
I really didn't like this game overall…
the game has one of the worst videogame designs for me that is have to make long runs till arrive a boss.
Die and have to make the run again.
I hate this design but of course this is a personal preference and is really popular with souls games ( that I think is much better executed than in Returnal).
But apart from that, while I found the gunplay good ( with the correct weapons), I really didn't saw nothing really special, specially the level design, that felt to me just rooms filled with enemies, like those arena missions in some games.
It really didn't surprised me a single time and really lacked some variety for me.
But i have to say that i only played till biome 3 and after 20 hours got really bored And give up.
I don't know if the game get better after that.
The 3 bosses i fought were really cool but just the fact that I know that if I dead I have to replay all those stages again it really make me enjoy less and even experiment less in the boss fights.

I think that's fair. The boss fights in biome's 3 and 4 were probably my favorite part of the game, but if you weren't into it by then they won't change that. I just really loved the combat and the mysterious story along with how alien the planet felt.

it's a rare game where I continued playing just because I thought it was fun. I enjoyed mastering the combat and feeling like I was improving all the time.

fwiw, if you get to the fourth biome and die, you restart at that biome. The game is basically split into two halves

Banned
Jun 12, 2021
Looking back now Future of Gaming/PlayStation 5 Showcase were both amazing and how you should do events imo?

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
I think that's fair. The boss fights in biome's 3 and 4 were probably my favorite part of the game, but if you weren't into it by then they won't change that. I just really loved the combat and the mysterious story along with how alien the planet felt.

it's a rare game where I continued playing just because I thought it was fun. I enjoyed mastering the combat and feeling like I was improving all the time.

fwiw, if you get to the fourth biome and die, you restart at that biome. The game is basically split into two halves
Yes!!
I heard that.
I will probably give another chance in the future to at least try to arrive in the second part of the game.
about the story, I was really really curious to see, since I really like sci-fi stories.
the problem is that there's practically zero story being told in the parts I played.
but i agree that the story is intriguing and made me curious to see whats all about.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
With Sony opening a beta for the next PS5 firmware I wonder roughly how long until the full launch of it. Under a month maybe?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Yes!!
I heard that.
I will probably give another chance in the future to at least try to arrive in the second part of the game.
about the story, I was really really curious to see, since I really like sci-fi stories.
the problem is that there's practically zero story being told in the parts I played.
but i agree that the story is intriguing and made me curious to see whats all about.

it might be worth coming back when they are done patching the game up. Who knows what changes they will make.

the story is very cryptic, even more than a souls game. I wouldn't have been able to piece it together by myself.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
It isn't like new IPs aren't in the works from devs big and small either.

We know the Haven, Firewalk and Deviation projects are all new IPs, we know Bend is working on a new IP, PixelOpus is working on a new IP, Santa Monica and Guerrilla are rumored to be working on new IPs, Media Molecule is probably working on a new IP, etc.
London Studio might be working on a new IP as well. Not to mention the fact that San Diego had a game cancelled in 2020 shows they are at least capable of working on IP other than MLB, so we might get something new from them as well.

I don't know what Media Molecule would follow Dreams up with.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
What do you guys think Factions will entail? It's clearly more ambitious than TLOU1 mp given the dev time.
Base building and forming your own customisable clans or something?

It seems like a big project.

What levels do we think are going to make it.

Hillcrest for sure
Downtown area i see making it
A level on the Island
Maybe the aquarium for a indoor map
Jackson
The mansions of the Rattlers

Oct 25, 2017
After finishing FF7R: Intermission (which honestly was pretty mediocre), I have nothing new to play and just a Sony event to look forward to. Hopefully there's an announcement soon.

Guess I might as well go for the plat in Returnal.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Just loaded up TLOU2 and realized my save data from PS4 didn't transfer over.

I lost so much save data from my ps4 to cloud, i really wish i had just gone out and bought an external and put everything on there. 😩

Banned
Jun 12, 2021
I need a Spider-Gwen game please by the Miles team, i loved MM so much.

It would be so awesome. <3

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized the sheer amount of console exclusive quality content that released on PS4/5 in June alone.
Rift Apart (89 OC)
Virtua Fighter 5 (78 OC)
Final Fantasy Intergrade (86 OC)
Guilty Gear Strive (85 OC)
Chicory (90 OC)

We feastin'

ket

Jul 27, 2018
im only 12 hours into yakuza 7 and decided to say, "fuck it" and redo the playthrough with the ps5 update. no save transfers suck.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Just realized the sheer amount of console exclusive quality content that released on PS4/5 in June alone.
Rift Apart (89 OC)
Virtua Fighter 5 (78 OC)
Final Fantasy Intergrade (86 OC)
Guilty Gear Strive (85 OC)
Chicory (90 OC)

We feastin'

Wow guilty gear dropped a lot since i last saw. I was checking a couple days and it was higher than Rift Apart at like 90.

I really wish Arc System would make a action game in their signature hand drawn animated look. I can't really get into fighting games much anymore since i cant do couch matches with anyone. I feel like that style is being wasted stuck on one genre though.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Wow guilty gear dropped a lot since i last saw. I was checking a couple days and it was higher than Rift Apart at like 90.

I really wish Arc System would make a action game in their signature hand drawn animated look. I can't really get into fighting games much anymore since i cant do couch matches with anyone. I feel like that style is being wasted stuck on one genre though.
I just bought it a couple of hours ago.
But now that I platinumed Rift Apart, I started playing Disco Elysium (took advantage of the indie sale) to see what the fuss is all about.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Rift dropped to 88 because of the edge review

but it also had a ton of 10s added as well so I feel if it got a little more reviews it would bump back to 89 regardless of Edge's score

ket

Jul 27, 2018
pitch: a first-person medieval resident evil with melee-focused combat. the setting is castle salazar from re4 but during the black plague of the 14th century

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
Just finished Ratchet on the hardest difficulty, nothing crazy but a decent challenge on certain areas. What a game tho, enjoyed every second. This first year is crazy Miles, Demons Souls, Returnal, Astro and Ratchet. If we get Horizon this year I'm not sure any launch can come close to this quality. It's going to be crazy to see the games they shell out later in the console's life.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Don't have a backlog. 😄
giphy.gif

is such a thing even possible?!

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
Been out since 9:30am (bst) on a huge bender with friends (there was dancing, singing, hugging, mingling and chat with other humans of the opposite sex to me which is massive, that I've missed since March 20) and have seen this thread and the bluebox thread in particular shoot up … have I missed much?

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
It would be very cool to see Sony rebrand PlayStation Experience into their typical showcases but make it more focused on fans. I know I'm kinda describing PSX again, but it returning as their main event in the summer could mean something different. It would also be cool if it was a biannual event with the winter one being the first in-person one. I just miss PSX lol.

Nov 24, 2020
Tampa, Fl
Just wrapped up the Plat for Ratchet, 19 hours. Not bad, might've been an hour or two paused so probably 16 hours.

Always nice to play a game without so much bloat sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.