• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hi

Several MGS Remakes.

Silent Hill is still in development but the studio has changed (and I don't wanna disclose the name of the new one for personal reasons).

Castlevania was in discussion but that's all I know.
Much appreciated!

The only exclusive one would be MGS by Bluepoint, SH is being made by unknown dev and the only ''concrete'' (as in reported by more than one person) info is that Sony has marketing rights, likely timed exclusive as well.
Castlevania is a ? for now, but this initiative by Konami indicates this is a matter of when rather than if.
Thank you

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I would have figured there's be a deep dive into Returnal by now. Pretty sure ghost had one by now but then again there's been so much advertising for Returnal over the last couple of Sony showcases on top of future games show and housemarque doing their own vlogs.

I feel like if they show too much more they will probably ruin some of the game. I mean, i cant think that theres a lot more to divulge aside from gameplay systems.

But the game does need a bigger spotlight. Idk

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
New Silent Hill by Bloober Team...

85-850595_4967093-anime-girl-shrug-transparent.png

Oct 25, 2017
I would have figured there's be a deep dive into Returnal by now. Pretty sure ghost had one by now but then again there's been so much advertising for Returnal over the last couple of Sony showcases on top of future games show and housemarque doing their own vlogs.

I feel like if they show too much more they will probably ruin some of the game. I mean, i cant think that theres a lot more to divulge aside from gameplay systems.

But the game does need a bigger spotlight. Idk

I'm not expecting another gameplay blow-out as we've had a lot of gameplay by now, but I do expect a deep-dive on the online features of the game, which they haven't shown yet, only talked about.

MisterP𝕏L

Jul 10, 2019
User banned (3 days): hostility, trolling, derailing
My god how many frightened virgins there are following my post, you are weird and on edge with the bad news around PlayStation.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to know more about what's going on internally.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Several MGS remakes by Bluepoint would be a dream.

A mid-development studio change for Silent Hill sounds like a real horror. Lets hope it will have an outcome.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
That would be 6 years of development, sounds like a bit too much, right?

I personally don't think so. It's a new IP, AAA, development during a pandemic and they are launching Horizon Forbidden West shortly as well. Game development is becoming more expensive and time-consuming, so unless it's not huge in scope, I feel like 5-6 years of development for a brand new AAA franchise would be the norm for the future.

IIRC, Horizon Zero Dawn took about 5 years as well from pre-production, but I may be wrong there.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
Really hope its not MGS remakes. Never had any interest in the series so those remakes I wouldn't play even if they were free :/

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
Really hope its not MGS remakes. Never had any interest in the series so those remakes I wouldn't play even if they were free :/

Not even if they were completely remade from the ground up?

MGS1 is so good that it holds up til this day. So if it is a basic shiny upgrade, I don't know how hyped I would be.

However, if it was completely remade as a modern game, then my hype would be insane.

gt123

Apr 2, 2021
He gives gamers the only thing they truly crave. Communication. ¬‿¬
I really don't get the mocking Phil Spenser, is this like a my CEO is better than your CEO thing? I thought it was pretty commonly agreed that he helped steer the ship in the right direction for MS and has been killing it at his job. PlayStation needs competition, and I'm not sure if that would have existed much without Phil. Please don't turn this comment into a Sony execs vs MS execs thing because I say he's good at his job.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Their 2018 GDC talk had them have a bullet point list on what makes a fully complete R&C game
5WSSMBF.png

After ACiT I'd add space exploration, RPG elements, upgrades, and tiny planets "Spherical Worlds" like in "Going Commando" and ACiT.

Rift Apart seems to be a bigger project for the studio then the remake is. If all hands are on deck for it I wonder how it will compare to ACiT which was their biggest R&C.

Idk if some exploration options I listed would be present though since dimension hoping is a thing. Maybe the space ship and space stuff will not be perused because of such?

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
Not even if they were completely remade from the ground up?

MGS1 is so good that it holds up til this day. So if it is a basic shiny upgrade, I don't know how hyped I would be.

However, if it was completely remade as a modern game, then my hype would be insane.
I don't like the games I've played on a fundamental level so I don't see how the remakes would change my opinion.

May 5, 2018

I think I'm on...the final quarter of the game? Currently at
Gadgetron HQ
Yeah that game has been a lot of fun. Good ol' fashioned R&C combat with a sweet 60 FPS frame rate. Story isn't anything special though so I've been skipping the cutscenes just to get to the action. Personally prefer the storytelling of the 2002 original.

I wonder when Insomniac is gonna show more of Rift Apart though. It's a little less than 2 months away and we haven't seen anything new since that Gamescom preview last year. A new trailer surely should be due soon right? Or better yet, a Rift Apart State of Play? The latter might be less likely, but we'll see.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Hi

Several MGS Remakes.

Silent Hill is still in development but the studio has changed (and I don't wanna disclose the name of the new one for personal reasons).

Castlevania was in discussion but that's all I know.
Dumb question because we are in the OT for it, but being made by internal Sony studios, or more of a published by SIE, developers TBA?

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool
But now that we've talked about it again, please, let's get back to another subject. Mods asked me to talk less about all of it and wait for an official announcement and I wanna respect that.

When I mean another subject, not a negative one, please, we've had enough of it the past days.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
There might be a SH by Bloober in production, but the Silent Hill, the one we are painfully waiting for so long, it's being made by a Japanese developer according to VGC.

Maybe the translation went wrong and its by a developer who made a game about Japan...Sucker Punch 👀

I hope for SH fans the game is real and good 🙂

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
But now that we've talked about it again, please, let's get back to another subject. Mods asked me to talk less about all of it and wait for an official announcement and I wanna respect that.

When I mean another subject, not a negative one, please, we've had enough of it the past days.

Sorry, it's easy to get caught up in those topics sometimes.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Due to the recent last of us 1 rumors. I'm guessing we are getting TLou1 remake + TLou2 PS5 version + factions all in one bundle. Probably $69.99 releasing this holiday.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I propose:

Reese's Peanut Butter vs good peanut butter.
I am guessing you mean jarred peanut butter then, how does the former even taste like? If it tastes sweet like the Reese's Peanut Butter cup chocolate pb filling then that sounds pretty bad.

Sweet peanut butter shouldn't be a thing.

Due to the recent last of us 1 rumors. I'm guessing we are getting TLou1 remake + TLou2 PS5 version + factions all in one bundle. Probably $69.99 releasing this holiday.
I think so too. At least that sounds the most plausible.

Hopefully they also sell them separately too.

Status
Not open for further replies.