• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020
I thought going for the platinum in FFX would be fun

tenor-1.gif

On top of the grind to max out ALL the Sphere Grids one of the story related trophies for defeating Yunalesca didn't pop! And I only noticed now much later!

Apparently it's a known bug and since I have no save before that fight... i'll need to replay again just to beat her and get the plat.

200w.gif
That sucks man :(

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

tenor-1.gif

On top of the grind to max out ALL the Sphere Grids one of the story related trophies for defeating Yunalesca didn't pop! And I only noticed now much later!

Apparently it's a known bug and since I have no save before that fight... i'll need to replay again just to beat her and get the plat.

200w.gif
I swear the Thunder Plains trophy is bugged. Either that or my reflexes are not the same as they were in '03 lol

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a person who has owned every playstation ever, this isn't impressive to me at all. These lists are long, but the vast majority of these games are games I've already played on PS4. As for the games coming "soon or later this year", one thing the past few years have shown is that release dates don't mean anything until the game is actually in your hand. Kena is a good example. I was excited and was expecting it to release in March. Suddenly, with a few weeks left, it was delayed to August. This is par the course for games recently. I wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase a PS5 until the one game they really want is actually out.

I mean, fair enough, but that one game for me was Demon's Souls on day one, which is honestly one of the best games I've ever played.

Astro's Playroom was also an absolute surprise delight, and Bugsnax and Miles Morales both really fun. Then there's been the third party stuff like Valhalla, WRC9 (massively improved by DualSense triggers/haptics) etc.

With Returnal and Ratchet just around the corner, it's only going to get better. And these are all new games/exclusives before I've even gotten in to the PS Plus Collection, Play at Home etc.

It definitely helps that PS Plus has been including new games day and date on the service in recent months too, with Bugnax, Destruction All-stars and Oddworld Soulstorm.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
You know what's wild about this Kojima/Xbox rumor? Hermen Hulst was the one who gave Kojima their engine on a flash drive. They would then name the engine together as Decima after the island of Dejima where Japanese & Netherlands trade was established. Kojima would then establish a satellite studio in Amsterdam to make sure collaboration on the engine was smooth & would even brag about the improvements his studio made on the engine.

So you mean to tell me that after all that, with Hulst becoming the head of Worldwide Studios, that he couldn't make something happen with Kojima after Death Stranding? That Kojima had to go to freaking Google to pitch his ideas? And now the only thing holding up the deal with him & Microsoft is lawyer talk? I'm well aware that Kojima Productions is independent & can do whatever he wants to do, but it looks so bad for PlayStation. And I don't know what's worse for them: that Decima could potentially be on a competitor's platform or that he could be gifted freaking id Tech.

I mean, all of this is awesome for Kojima. It just doesn't look good for PlayStation.

We only know tidbits, not the whole story so trying to piece together a narrative on what happened and is happening is pointless. We know from an interview last year that Kojima planned to do one big game and multiple smaller games, one of which was an episodic title. Rumors indicate Kojima was pitching the smaller episodic title to Stadia and they rejected it. Some are speculating that he may be pitching the smaller episodic title to Microsoft, and that it might involve the cloud in some way.

Even if all of that is accurate and winds up happening that still leaves the other projects and the bigger project that KojiPro have in the works. Any of those could be multiplat or could be Sony exclusive, we just don't know yet. What we do know based on rumors from vetted insiders is that KojiPro are working on some form of Death Stranding definitive version for the PS5 (PC too? I dunno) that might also include extra content.

So no, Kojima isn't abandoning PlayStation and very well could have future projects with them that we're not yet aware of. That's why forming a narrative over tidbits is a horrible practice that this forum engages in far too often. It's ALWAYS best to wait and see what happens rather than jumping the gun and letting things spin wildly out of control.

Why is India's almost non-existent console market suddenly getting so much attention? Sony's has 90% market share but PS4 sold less than a million units. PC and mobile gaming prospects are better in India.

Damned if I know. I'm not aware of anything special regarding India that changes the outlook of gaming in the region now compared to several months ago.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

tenor-1.gif

200w.gif
Have fun with the Chocobo Race lol
That is the trophy that is keeping me away from Plat. And I gave up on it

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
New AAA IP's sound especially nightmarish. I still remember when people were pissed at Yoshida when Eight Days got the axe. If I remember correctly The Getaway reboot got the hammer around the same time.
They def are I like Sony to find a nice blend of the two but it's def why those projects even if announced you don't hear shit for a while. So many things you need to pre-plan etc.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Just finished Into the Nexus on PS3....I swear the game runs at like 15 fps or am I crazy? I was running on a PS3 and it just ran horribly

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
We only know tidbits, not the whole story so trying to piece together a narrative on what happened and is happening is pointless. We know from an interview last year that Kojima planned to do one big game and multiple smaller games, one of which was an episodic title. Rumors indicate Kojima was pitching the smaller episodic title to Stadia and they rejected it. Some are speculating that he may be pitching the smaller episodic title to Microsoft, and that it might involve the cloud in some way.

Even if all of that is accurate and winds up happening that still leaves the other projects and the bigger project that KojiPro have in the works. Any of those could be multiplat or could be Sony exclusive, we just don't know yet. What we do know based on rumors from vetted insiders is that KojiPro are working on some form of Death Stranding definitive version for the PS5 (PC too? I dunno) that might also include extra content.

So no, Kojima isn't abandoning PlayStation and very well could have future projects with them that we're not yet aware of. That's why forming a narrative over tidbits is a horrible practice that this forum engages in far too often. It's ALWAYS best to wait and see what happens rather than jumping the gun and letting things spin wildly out of control.
Too late, there's already a wild narrative I'm running because of another poster on here.... that TLOU Factions is way more massive than we thought it was lol.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Too late, there's already a wild narrative I'm running because of another poster on here.... that TLOU Factions is way more massive than we thought it was lol.

Lol well at least that's a safer narrative since Naughty Dog themselves said the project had grown beyond their initial ambition and was spun off so they could complete the main game. Not to mention the fact that Bend was tasked with assisting and that it's a year after TLOU2 came out and we still haven't seen the game. Indeed it must be significantly grander than the original Factions was and I'm curious to see what they've got for us

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
You know what's wild about this Kojima/Xbox rumor? Hermen Hulst was the one who gave Kojima their engine on a flash drive. They would then name the engine together as Decima after the island of Dejima where Japanese & Netherlands trade was established. Kojima would then establish a satellite studio in Amsterdam to make sure collaboration on the engine was smooth & would even brag about the improvements his studio made on the engine.

So you mean to tell me that after all that, with Hulst becoming the head of Worldwide Studios, that he couldn't make something happen with Kojima after Death Stranding? That Kojima had to go to freaking Google to pitch his ideas? And now the only thing holding up the deal with him & Microsoft is lawyer talk? I'm well aware that Kojima Productions is independent & can do whatever he wants to do, but it looks so bad for PlayStation. And I don't know what's worse for them: that Decima could potentially be on a competitor's platform or that he could be gifted freaking id Tech.

I mean, all of this is awesome for Kojima. It just doesn't look good for PlayStation.
Kojima is capable of everything as long as it satisfy his ego. Maybe he didn't want to be too closely associated with Sony and firmly establish himself as an independant creator. Maybe he is bitter that he didn't get to keep the Death Stranding IP. Also this sort of flip-flopping is not unheard of, Ninja Theory was closely associated with Playstation and then Microsoft acquired them out of nowhere.

What is funny for me is that, several OTs ago, I said that Sony should keep Kojima close to them at any cost, and people of this OT laughed at me saying that Death Stranding is trash and Sony doesn't need him. Now that Sony is viewed in a less favorable light and rumors of Kojima working for the competition are rising, people are freaking out.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
Yeah, I understand this. But at this point in PS4's life the supply was definitely better, the pandemic simply fucked things up. It's hard to predict if the stock will be enough to meet demand this year.

The supply is about the same as PS4 (we should get numbers in about 3 weeks) its just that demand is higher so they havent been able to get units on stock yet.
Without the pandemic i do think supply would be higher and/or demand would be lower.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Ninja Theory was closely associated with Playstation and then Microsoft acquired them out of nowhere.

They were?
Their debut title was an Xbox exclusive and they made only one esclusive title with Sony and the rest was multiplatform. Hellbalde debuting first on Playstation was an economic choice more than being associated with Playstation.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Lol well at least that's a safer narrative since Naughty Dog themselves said the project had grown beyond their initial ambition and was spun off so they could complete the main game. Not to mention the fact that Bend was tasked with assisting and that it's a year after TLOU2 came out and we still haven't seen the game. Indeed it must be significantly grander than the original Factions was and I'm curious to see what they've got for us
I'm totally picturing a game like Outriders, but Last of Us. 3-4 person co-op campaign, different skills for each player, an actual faction to maintain, make improvements, & keep clickers away from... stuff like that.

And I'm totally prepared to be disappointed when it's none of this lol

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
You cut out the part of the quote where I literally said it's a bad comparison....but the point was everyone keeps on talking about the financial sense and the business sense things make, and I get it, but also I'm not a stockholder and I'm not a Sony fan because of their ROI so it seems like a weird thing to specifically focus on.
I though the bad comparison part was against the post you quoted. My bad.
I agree we aren't stockholder. But people asking "why" they are doing it, we have to explained from a business perspective.
If you tell me, has a player, you think it's a waste of ressources, I will agree 100%.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ah it's no biggie, just wish we had the ability to skip cutscenes or speed things up like the PC version does.

I swear the Thunder Plains trophy is bugged. Either that or my reflexes are not the same as they were in '03 lol

There's a crater that always has the lightning hit when you run into it, which makes it much easier, but no less stressfull.

Have fun with the Chocobo Race lol
That is the trophy that is keeping me away from Plat. And I gave up on it

Yeah that was just absurdly broken to do, i've seen it end a lot of players on the FFX reddit. For such a great game the side content is really lacking.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Clickbait title for this article aside, IGN notes that Sony was looking to launch PS Now in India last year but plans were put on hold due to the pandemic. We did have rumors of Now launching in India so that seems to line up.

in.ign.com

PS5 India Restock on the Way but Sony Has Bigger Problems

A PS5 India restock date is coming soon, but this won’t mean buying a PS5 or its games is easy. Here’s what you need to know.
5K per game is absolute gut punch though, the article is not wrong in pointing that out.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands

The tweet has been deleted. Someone said he would only accept it if the remake had Part 2 game play.

Yeah I saw that Tweet yesterday. It looks like the Remake is basically just gonna bring over all the improvement and additions Part II made. I wonder if we might even see some changes to the levels to accommodate crawling, and maybe the addition of dogs as well. And then you're gonna have it packaged with a PS5 version of Part II and possibly the MP game as well.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls is trash. Been farming a Pure Bladestone for over a hour not a single one dropped. Worst game ever /s
still love this game to bits

tenor-1.gif

200w.gif

To make matters worse you can't bloody skip cutscenes in this remaster which is baffling. Goodluck. I tried to do it. I started with fighting all the monsters 10 times and halfway through I lost all will to do. This just isn't a fun plat to do

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
I think it's safe to say this forum needs a new major State of Play. The back and forth reminds me of Nintendo last year.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I think it's safe to say this forum needs a new major State of Play. The back and forth reminds me of Nintendo last year.

😂 People will just complain they didn't announce any AAAA titles -- after spending all their energy yesterday complaining about Sony's focus on blockbusters.

A new State of Play would be awesome, though, especially as I'm itching to see more Ratchet & Clank now.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

tenor-1.gif

200w.gif

Reading stuff like this makes me glad I never was interested in getting platinum trophies.

God speed friend. I hope you get your trophy!

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I don't know why people are assuming that the entire of Naughty Dog are working on this, if you're. Remakes don't need as many people, especially if Naughty Dog are using the same engine (albeit upgraded) for TLOU2 as used in the original TLOU, which I imagine is extremely likely.

In that case, port over to the upgraded engine, bring the gameplay up to par, upgrade the textures, visuals etc. I'm not saying it's a small or trivial job, but it's probably like a 50 person project at ND to "remake" it, alongside porting TLOU2 to PS5. It's nowhere near the type of work needed to make TLOU2 from scratch.

There's enough people at ND to have another two teams working on full games alongside that. Hopefully one team is working on a new IP and the other is working on the MP game, with one of those teams likely to move to TLOU3 after they are done with their current project

Oct 27, 2017
If I had to guess, I'd say ND is going full TLOU right now with TLOU Part I & II Collection for PS5, TLOU Multiplayer and TLOU Part III. With the HBO show in the middle of this, it makes too much sense honestly. There will be still some room left for a new IP at the end the PS5 cycle, I guess.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
If I had to guess, I'd say ND is going full TLOU right now with TLOU Part I & II Collection for PS5, TLOU Multiplayer and TLOU Part III. With the HBO show in the middle of this, it makes too much sense honestly. There will be still some room left for a new IP at the end the PS5 cycle, I guess.
I don't think TLOU3 is coming yet. I don't think Neil has enough bandwidth for a third game and the show at the same time. I imagine they're currently working on TLOU 1 and 2 collection as a smaller team, MP as one of their main teams and then the third team (second of their big teams) is working on a new IP to come out mid gen. Then once Neil has finished with the show's filming and the collection and MP is out, they'll start on TLOU3 due for the end of the generation, as with PS3 and PS4.

ND have nearly 500 permanent employees at last estimate. They can easily manage 3 projects at a time, two bigger ones and one smaller. Just my opinion and speculation though.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
I'm totally picturing a game like Outriders, but Last of Us. 3-4 person co-op campaign, different skills for each player, an actual faction to maintain, make improvements, & keep clickers away from... stuff like that.

And I'm totally prepared to be disappointed when it's none of this lol

Im really, really, really hoping for something similar.

A full blown co-op game set in TLOU universe would be way too fucking good.

Asapphire541

Oct 19, 2018
Sony San Diego secret studio was apparently supposed to take over for the UC franchise for Naughty Dog, but that was stalled in 2020 for some reason. Other than that, just some positive takes on the situation and that everything will be fine after this period of bad PR. I only listened to the Sony part so far if you were wondering about the Kojima + Xbox stuff as well.
I'm confused, why does Grubb say "for some reason" when we literally found out yesterday they went back to being support for ND.

Unless there's another secret San Diego studio we don't know about. It just seems he doesn't know about the bloomberg article and instead has his own version of what he heard.

May 22, 2018
I'm having an issue currently with my PS5. So when trying to download the newest patch for Outsiders, the download just stopped and wouldn't continue, so I deleted it to try again. I'm now getting the CE-106487-6 error and can't download the patch. Other games seem to be updating just fine.

So what can I do to fix this? I googled and saw about rebuilding the database and that didn't work. I restored licenses and reset my router as well. The only other info I'm seeing is on reddit, and it says I have to either delete the game and redownload it, or worse yet a factory reset. Are these my only options? I live in the mountains and can only get DSL, so redownloading all this stuff is not optimal.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To make matters worse you can't bloody skip cutscenes in this remaster which is baffling. Goodluck. I tried to do it. I started with fighting all the monsters 10 times and halfway through I lost all will to do. This just isn't a fun plat to do

Yeah I don't blame you on the monster part, flat out not a good time. At least FFXII The Zodiac Age allows players to speed up gameplay and avoid such a long grind.

Reading stuff like this makes me glad I never was interested in getting platinum trophies.

God speed friend. I hope you get your trophy!

Some platinum trophies are so fun I can imagine doing them again if it get's a separate trophy list between generations... but FFX is so not one of them.

Portodutch

Feb 17, 2021
I don't think TLOU3 is coming yet. I don't think Neil has enough bandwidth for a third game and the show at the same time. I imagine they're currently working on TLOU 1 and 2 collection as a smaller team, MP as one of their main teams and then the third team (second of their big teams) is working on a new IP to come out mid gen. Then once Neil has finished with the show's filming and the collection and MP is out, they'll start on TLOU3 due for the end of the generation, as with PS3 and PS4.

ND have nearly 500 permanent employees at last estimate. They can easily manage 3 projects at a time, two bigger ones and one smaller. Just my opinion and speculation though.

ND were (are) hiring for allot of positions about a month or two ago. So its safe to assume they are working on another game, question is if its Uncharted, TLOUp3 or something else.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Fancy adding Kena and Returnal to this...

I see a lot of peole interested to play Kena (not only here). Still curious to see how Returnal will doing.

I feel Sony is fine helping fund and develop these types of games but don't want to waste first party talent on these types of games.

Yeah, we definitely will see smaller games, but mostly not from their first-party studios. Hot take: i wish Naughty Dog had smaller team (20-30 devs) to work on small projects (AA titles) and experiment on different genres.

Status
Not open for further replies.