• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wait if they announce that gow is cross gen

"blablabla what about generations of jim rayan blablabla"

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Jim Ryan has no fucking clue what ResetEra is and no other place on the internet is currently whining about him implementing a top secret DRM update on PS4 that definitely exists

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I'm sure Jimbo knows by now that he's completely failed the PR aspect of his job but it's likely he doesn't care cause he's still raking in the big bucks for Playstation.

Just have someone with him at all times for interviews going forward to make sure he doesn't screw shit up. Like the baffling backwards compatibility comment about GT2 and Minecraft + kids comment were incredibly poor, even if he had felt his logic made sense.

I think they did that recently, and they should continue to do that. Or hell, just have some other rep do the interviews instead. You don't see Kottick as much over the past decade for example.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Made this post in another thread to go over potential relevant content for a user that was considering his or her purchase, but it's pretty impressive how the PS5 line-up is looking to be for the first year, and also how much content there is available for anyone with even a single months worth of PS Plus.

I can imagine those who are completely new to PlayStation and didn't own a PS4 last gen are finding it especially impressive, as most of the tentpole PS4 titles are available for very little money.

Available now;
  • Demon's Souls
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Destruction All-stars
  • Oddworld Soulstorm
  • Bugsnax
  • The Pathless
Releasing very soon or later this year
  • Returnal
  • Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • GhostWire: Tokyo
  • Kena: Bridge of Spirits
  • Little Devil Inside
  • Goodbye Volcano High
  • Praey for the Gods
  • Season
  • Solar Ash
  • Stray
For those with PS Plus there's access to the PS Plus Collection, PS Plus monthly titles, plus there's Play at Home too, so access to 32 additional games for next to no money at all;

PS Plus Collection:
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • God of War
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Until Dawn
Play at Home:
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (April 16th)
  • The Witness
  • Abzu
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Rez Infinite (VR optional)
  • Subnautica
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission (VR)
  • Moss (VR)
  • Thumper (VR)
  • Paper Beast (VR)
PS Plus:
  • Days Gone
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm
  • Zombie Army 4: Dead War

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I'm sure Jimbo knows by now that he's completely failed the PR aspect of his job but it's likely he doesn't care cause he's still raking in the big bucks for Playstation.

The bolded part of what you wrote is absolutely absurd. You may not like his PR style but that does not mean he's bad at it, especially in the realm that actually matters: business deals, interviews, etc.

Y'know, the things CEO's actually have to regularly do.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
JFC gaming side has lost the damn plot. The sensationalist Sony threads need to stop. It's gone from at least one a day to multiple now.

Sony has made some poor decisions but you can't even have a mature conversation without the crazies overtaking the conversation. Just got to let it run its course I guess

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
The bolded part of what you wrote is absolutely absurd. You may not like his PR style but that does not mean he's bad at it, especially in the realm that actually matters: business deals, interviews, etc.

Y'know, the things CEO's actually have to regularly do.
I don't consider business deals away from the public eye PR, and some of his interviews haven't exactly gone well which is why he has so many memeable lines("Why would anyone play this?) Just seems like Andrew House and Jack Tretton did a better job with that.

jack-tretton-from-sony-drops-the-mic

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Sony has made some poor decisions but you can't even have a mature conversation without the crazies overtaking the conversation. Just got to let it run its course I guess
What poor decisions have they made? I genuinely want to know because all of the examples I read scream "They don't cater to my specific needs therefore they suck." It's like when people scream at Nintendo for not making a new F-Zero or Sega for not making a lavish AAA Skies of Arcadia.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
What has happened to this site over the past few months...
Gaming Side has actually gone nuclear with disinformation, console warring(some walk a fine line just to not get nabbed) and the constant barrage of PR/ads being disguised as threads is getting out of hand.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
JFC gaming side has lost the damn plot. The sensationalist Sony threads need to stop. It's gone from at least one a day to multiple now.

It's a retread of what we saw at the beginning of last year when there was a ton of doom and gloom around PS. I bring this up often because it really highlights just how toxic things were, but when PS began to cancel attending shows like PAX, GDC etc. because they wanted to protect their employees from COVID, there were people on this forum that seriously argued that they were trying to hide some problem with the PS5 and they were making a bigger deal out of COVID than necessary to use it as cover. That's how fucking ridiculous it was before they did their Future of Gaming show.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of the negativity surrounding the Last of Us remake will vanish when it's actually revealed. People will see how nice the upgraded visuals are, all the gameplay improvements added from Part II, hear the fantastic soundtrack and get all nostalgic for Joel and Ellie's first story. It's just how these things go. The game hasn't exactly been announced in the most flattering light.
100% correct.

I remember the same hesistance people had when the rumours started swirling about a sequel to the first game saying it was not needed and TLoU was perfect as it ended, and then it was announced and people were convinced. Like you touched on, the only difference now is that people are trying to stoke the negativity from or are influenced by previous things that have upset them about PlayStation recently, so it makes the reception of this seem worse than it actually is.

Naughty Dog's first project on PS4 was the remaster, and then they made 3 fantastic games after that.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Someone tell Jimbo to make an account on here

Then everyone bashing him would get banned for attacking a fellow user!

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What poor decisions have they made? I genuinely want to know because all of the examples I read scream "They don't cater to my specific needs therefore they suck." It's like when people scream at Nintendo for not making a new F-Zero or Sega for not making a lavish AAA Skies of Arcadia.

-Lack of effort with BC for PS1-PS3 games
-How they handled closing the Vita store without giving devs who are making Vita games a heads up

Like I am a Sony fan and I'm not going to sell my PS5 or stop using their ecosystem, but that doesn't mean I will agree with everything they do.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
It's a retread of what we saw at the beginning of last year when there was a ton of doom and gloom around PS. I bring this up often because it really highlights just how toxic things were, but when PS began to cancel attending shows like PAX, GDC etc. because they wanted to protect their employees from COVID, there were people on this forum that seriously argued that they were trying to hide some problem with the PS5 and they were making a bigger deal out of COVID than necessary to use it as cover. That's how fucking ridiculous it was before they did their Future of Gaming show.

Hahaha lawdy, I do remember people talking about how Covid-19 was totally not going to be a big deal and how dumb Sony was for overreacting.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I don't consider business deals away from the public eye PR, and some of his interviews haven't exactly gone well which is why he has so many memeable lines("Why would anyone play this?) Just seems like Andrew House and Jack Tretton did a better job with that.

jack-tretton-from-sony-drops-the-mic

So you attribute "Why would anyone play this?" to Jim Ryan, despite that not being the full context of what he said and was instead what the outlet twisted into a headline. Because what he actually said is this:

"When we've dabbled with backwards compatibility, I can say it is one of those features that is much requested, but not actually used much," said Ryan.

"That, and I was at a Gran Turismo event recently where they had PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games, and the PS1 and the PS2 games, they looked ancient, like why would anybody play this?"

So a quote commonly attributed to him in regards to him "hating" backwards compatibility is moreso him just commenting on the fact that the Ps1 and Ps2 versions of Gran Turismo look like ass.

Spritz on a whole bunch of commentary and then you end up with articles like this.

You don't have to like the man (and I have plenty of issues with Sony's current strategy and he has said things that could have come out better) but I've always taken issue with taking just that line and contributing it to the idea that he said it as one giant stab against backwards compatibility as a whole and therefore he's bad at public speaking because people took that line out of context. Which is...a take, to say the very least.

Sometimes its helpful to go back and look at the original context though and see what really happened with "memes"

Last edited:

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Even if Jim totally believes in that comment and that was what he really meant(it wasn't), he as any reasonable executive was simply reflecting the needs of the company, just like Shawn was against crossplay, or subcription services etc

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
So you attribute "Why would anyone play this?" to Jim Ryan, despite that not being the full context of what he said and was instead what the outlet twisted into a headline. Because what he actually said is this:

So a quote commonly attributed to him in regards to him "hating" backwards compatibility is moreso him just commenting on the fact that the Ps1 and Ps2 versions of Gran Turismo look like ass.

Spritz on a whole bunch of commentary and then you end up with articles like this.

You don't have to like the man (and I have plenty of issues with Sony's current strategy and he has said things that could have come out better) but I've always taken issue with taking just that line and contributing it to the idea that he said it as one giant stab against backwards compatibility as a whole and therefore he's bad at public speaking because people took that line out of context is...a take.

Sometimes its helpful to go back and look at the original context though and see what really happened with "memes"

I do think there are issues with what he said about BC (namely that it doesn't take into account the potential for enhanced BC to be more popular), but yeah, the memed quote is way out of context , especially if he really was just talking about Gran Turismo and not games like Metal Gear Solid or the Final Fantasies that are still worth playing for their stories. Is there any real reason to play the old PS1/PS2 GTs outside of nostalgia and research into old games?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
-How they handled closing the Vita store without giving devs who are making Vita games a heads up

Like I am a Sony fan and I'm not going to sell my PS5 or stop using their ecosystem, but that doesn't mean I will agree with everything they do.

I don't disagree with you, but those things are so insanely niche in impact and relevance, especially vs the line up of incredible games Sony has been on a roll with for years, and that they're only continuing with the PS5. Not to mention how good PS Plus has been lately, the Play at Home scheme, PS Plus Collection, the quality of the hardware, the DualSense, full PS4 BC etc.

It sometimes feels like people on here have forgotten or wilfully choose to ignore the most important facet of a gaming system, actual new games, and instead focus on far more abstract and miniscule things that affect or appeal to orders of magnitude fewer people.

I can't tell if most who vehemently complain about this sort of stuff truly care about it, or if it's just a conduit for console wars. It's difficult to tell these days.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not saying you have to agree with Sony's decisions at all. I'm saying just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them poor decisions. Like I still want Sega to make a big ass AAA Jet Set Radio game but that'd be a really fuckin' stupid decision so it's not worth getting upset over.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017

You don't have to like the man (and I have plenty of issues with Sony's current strategy and he has said things that could have come out better) but I've always taken issue with taking just that line and contributing it to the idea that he said it as one giant stab against backwards compatibility as a whole and therefore he's bad at public speaking because people took that line out of context is...a take.

Preach! The amount of misinformation around the forum these days and hot takes is staggering.

Anyways, if there's a Returnal or general purpose SOP coming up it's gotta be next week or the one after. I still think a general SOP with Returnal as the feature is possible. They can have MLB, Abandoned, Returnal and a few more games to round out the show.

Then everything else gets held over for the big Summer event.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017

Worst part is that it kept being repeated in threads on this forum, it still is repeated yet anyone correcting it is drowned out by "F Jimbo".
I don't disagree with you, but those things are so insanely niche in impact and relevance, especially vs the line up of incredible games Sony has been on a roll with for years, and that they're only continuing with the PS5. Not to mention how good PS Plus has been lately, the Play at Home scheme, PS Plus Collection, the quality of the hardware, the DualSense, full PS4 BC etc.

It sometimes feels like people on here have forgotten or wilfully choose to ignore the most important facet of a gaming system, actual new games, and instead focus on far more abstract and miniscule things that affect or appeal to orders of magnitude fewer people.

I can't tell if most who vehemently complain about this sort of stuff truly care about it, or if it's just a conduit for console wars. It's difficult to tell these days.
Its console wars.

Nov 21, 2017
I honestly believe Factions is going to be huge and will feature multiple modes. I think it will have the classic modes from the original, a new giant Battle Royale mode, and lastly a survival mode similar to DayZ. I mean a DayZ style game from a top dev like Naughty Dog would be so damn fun and make so much bank.

Also Tangled > Bloodborne

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I've been taking my time with it, only recently got to Act 2, and holy shit this game just keeps getting better and better
My friends telling me the same has got me hyped.

I am puzzled...at how you think there is any context that would make the entire quote any better.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I can't tell if most who vehemently complain about this sort of stuff truly care about it, or if it's just a conduit for console wars.

I totally get that I am probably one of few on the hill that really care about this, but Sony is about to take away the only way to buy PS1 games on a modern system. If that is a problem for a niche crowd then so be it, but it still hurts. Sony had BC in their PS2 and PS3 (for a while). PS4 was a clean break. I've been coming to the conclusion that Sony will be handling their legacy content that way for the most part. I hope at least that they invest more resources into PS Now for older games. That would be great.

I'm not saying you have to agree with Sony's decisions at all. I'm saying just because you don't agree with them doesn't make them poor decisions. Like I still want Sega to make a big ass AAA Jet Set Radio games but that'd be a really fuckin' stupid decision so it's not worth getting upset over.

Poor decision might be harsh, but Sony's treatment of their legacy library (pre-PS4) has been less than ideal. Again if it makes more sense invest in new games and not put some resources towards backwards compatibility I totally get it. The PS4 bc has been great, especially the PS5 patches. If anything, the PS4 BC was a big selling point in getting me to get the PS5 at launch.

Also, I don't get upset over video games. It is just a hobby.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I don't like Jim Ryan because I don't like gaming executives in general. They suck!

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of the negativity surrounding the Last of Us remake will vanish when it's actually revealed. People will see how nice the upgraded visuals are, all the gameplay improvements added from Part II, hear the fantastic soundtrack and get all nostalgic for Joel and Ellie's first story. It's just how these things go. The game hasn't exactly been announced in the most flattering light.
I agree. I think a TLoU 1 w/ TLOU2 gameplay and graphics would be sick.

I also think it would be a great move to bundle it w/ a native PS5 port of Part 2 and have it release around the same time as TV show.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
do you think Factions is still going to be part of TLoU IP or did they maybe reskin it to make it a new IP

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
My friends telling me the same has got me hyped.

I am puzzled...at how you think there is any context that would make the entire quote any better.

Because the first part of the quote, regarding backwards compatibility being highly asked for but little used, is not incorrect, especially during the moment in time when he said it. Backwards compatibility, for multiple generations, was always that feature that everyone would ask for and no one would use. It's been changing for the past couple of years (especially this current gen due to productions being jammed up cause of COVID) and that's a good thing, but the saying was not incorrect at the time and very much reflected internal data.

The second part of the quote, the specific part about Gran Turismo contained the "meme", is him making fun of how badly he thinks Gran Turismo aged, which is a valid point? It's not like it aged fantastically well.

As BreakAtmo noted, he's not talking about enhanced BC versions here, just the originals looking kinda like butt.

So yes, the entire quote matters. Like I said, take issue with the delivery all you want, but he's pretty much stating the obvious on two fronts.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week) - Platform Warring & Thread Whining across multiple posts
Gaming Side has actually gone nuclear with disinformation, console warring(some walk a fine line just to not get nabbed) and the constant barrage of PR/ads being disguised as threads is getting out of hand.
There's clearly a good guy, bad guy narrative happening on this site lately and modding definitely could be a bit better.

Last edited:

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha lawdy, I do remember people talking about how Covid-19 was totally not going to be a big deal and how dumb Sony was for overreacting.

It was ridiculous during that period. You had people getting mad at Jim because at CES 2020 all that was revealed was the PS5's logo. They weren't showing the hardware at all which made people think there must be something wrong with it or else they'd just show it. All sorts of nonsense solely because they were just saving shit for the FoG.

do you think Factions is still going to be part of TLoU IP or did they maybe reskin it to make it a new IP

TLoUR + TLoUPII Remaster + Factions = $70

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The fact Jason's article just referred to it as just ND's MP game has me kinda a little unsure, but I'm still leaning more it's part of TLoU I.P, there's been leaked footage of it too, so it at some point definitely was.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Tbh the value proposition of a super TLOU bundle is very good but not offering Factions for a relatively lower price or for free would be kinda dumb, hopefully it's not the case.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
This is absolutely one of the reasons why the gaming industry is so secretive. Game dev is often an ugly and chaotic process that just so happens to turn out something super fun every once and awhile.
Completely agree.

This.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Tbh the value proposition of a super TLOU bundle is very good but not offering Factions for a relatively lower price or for free would be kinda dumb, hopefully it's not the case.

It'd make sense to offer Factions for say, 19.99 or even f2p to ensure a healthy playerbase. He'll, even sticking Factions on PS Plus is a perfectly valid option

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Made this post in another thread to go over potential relevant content for a user that was considering his or her purchase, but it's pretty impressive how the PS5 line-up is looking to be for the first year, and also how much content there is available for anyone with even a single months worth of PS Plus.

I can imagine those who are completely new to PlayStation and didn't own a PS4 last gen are finding it especially impressive, as most of the tentpole PS4 titles are available for very little money.

Available now;
  • Demon's Souls
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Destruction All-stars
  • Oddworld Soulstorm
  • Bugsnax
  • The Pathless
  • Returnal
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Little Devil Inside
  • Goodbye Volcano High
  • Praey for the Gods
  • Season
  • Solar Ash
  • Stray
For those with PS Plus there's access to the PS Plus Collection, PS Plus monthly titles, plus there's Play at Home too, so access to 32 additional games for next to no money at all;

PS Plus Collection:
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • God of War
  • The Last Guardian
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Until Dawn
Play at Home:
  • The Witness
  • Abzu
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Subnautica
  • Moss (VR)
  • Thumper (VR)
  • Paper Beast (VR)
PS Plus:
  • Days Gone
Yeah, it's really fantastic.

Nov 21, 2017
So, if Jaffe's right about Sony doing something like Game Pass (and based on Jim's comment, he may be), does anyone think that they'll actually pull the trigger on their FP games? Doing so would basically be a Disney+ situation where their library seems so ridiculously attractive to the public that they'd instantly get a massive number of subscribers to whatever service it's going to be.

I got a feeling if Sony introduces a new subscription service to combat Gamepass that it will be a hybrid of Gamepass and EA Access.

I'm curious to know how many people here who consistently post in the OT are multi-console owners or plan to be?

Current Gen I own a PS5 and Switch. I plan to upgrade my PC close to whenever EA decides to release
The Sims 5.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I honestly believe Factions is going to be huge and will feature multiple modes. I think it will have the classic modes from the original, a new giant Battle Royale mode, and lastly a survival mode similar to DayZ. I mean a DayZ style game from a top dev like Naughty Dog would be so damn fun and make so much bank.

Also Tangled > Bloodborne

At this point, Factions has to be something bigger than a regular MP mode considering how long it's supposedly been cooking. It's either that or Factions only just started full development near the tail end of TLOU2's SP dev cycle.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, just look at Sucker Punch. They released Second Son and First Light in 2014, and then went six years without releasing anything. After Ghost was released we saw that leaked footage of Prophecy. A prototype that they'd clearly put a lot of work into, that ended up getting axed along the way. So the path to Ghost wasn't a smooth one. But they eventually got there and saw the biggest success in their history.
Exactly. And developing a New IP takes time, these quick remakes etc help find the long term riskier projects and then devs have ample time to get the game they want right and also create tools to make it easier the next go around.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020

Available now;
  • Demon's Souls
  • Astro's Playroom
  • Destruction All-stars
  • Oddworld Soulstorm
  • Bugsnax
  • The Pathless
  • Returnal
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Little Devil Inside
  • Goodbye Volcano High
  • Praey for the Gods
  • Season
  • Solar Ash
  • Stray

PS Plus Collection:
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Days Gone
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • God of War
  • The Last Guardian
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Until Dawn
Play at Home:
  • The Witness
  • Abzu
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Subnautica
  • Moss (VR)
  • Thumper (VR)
  • Paper Beast (VR)
PS Plus:
  • Days Gone
As a person who has owned every playstation ever, this isn't impressive to me at all. These lists are long, but the vast majority of these games are games I've already played on PS4. As for the games coming "soon or later this year", one thing the past few years have shown is that release dates don't mean anything until the game is actually in your hand. Kena is a good example. I was excited and was expecting it to release in March. Suddenly, with a few weeks left, it was delayed to August. This is par the course for games recently. I wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase a PS5 until the one game they really want is actually out.

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
I hope the Last of Us remake is just the same game with these graphics:

You're a bit late to the party on that one. KojiPro are working on multiple games, one is a big game and some smaller ones, one of which is an episodic title. We don't know which he's in negotiations with to bring to their platform, but it was rumored he had pitched the smaller episodic title to Stadia and they turned it down. Some think he may have pitched that to MS and we don't know the end result.

That leaves the other games KojiPro are working on, any of which could either be a PS exclusive or a multiplat title.

Also insiders have stated that there is a 'definitive' Death Stranding version coming, possibly with new content.

So yeah, Kojima ain't burning any bridges with Sony over news of this one negotiation deal.

vivftp
Do you have a source? I can't find this report anywhere. I was referring to the report from two days ago that Kojima's next game is at Microsoft.

TLoUR + TLoUPII Remaster + Factions = $70

That's... optimistic.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
As a person who has owned every playstation ever, this isn't impressive to me at all. These lists are long, but the vast majority of these games are games I've already played on PS4. As for the games coming "soon or later this year", one thing the past few years have shown is that release dates don't mean anything until the game is actually in your hand. Kena is a good example. I was excited and was expecting it to release in March. Suddenly, with a few weeks left, it was delayed to August. This is par the course for games recently. I wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase a PS5 until the one game they really want is actually out.

I mean, you couldn't buy one even if you wanted to.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the hypothetical TLOU remake would have new story content? I would like to see more Joel from his pre-Ellie days. Maybe even some Tommy stuff instead

Wishful thinking but still something to possibly hope for.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
The second part of the quote, the specific part about Gran Turismo contained the "meme", is him making fun of how badly he thinks Gran Turismo aged, which is a valid point? It's not like it aged fantastically well.

As BreakAtmo noted, he's not talking about enhanced BC versions here, just the originals looking kinda like butt.

So yes, the entire quote matters. Like I said, take issue with the delivery all you want, but he's pretty much stating the obvious on two fronts.
So it's a grossly stupid comment from a media executive at best? Even in the most flattering light?

It would be as asinine as Bob Iger saying "who wants to watch classic Lion King? New one has CGI, John Oliver and Beyonce!" There's a way to emphasize the benefits of the newer version without denigrating the classic titles. Further, that boils down a game's worth into how graphically pleasing it is, again insulting select gamers. It was a dumb comment, it has been memed, it need not a defense.

Whether that should be used in this stupid war against Jim Ryan, I really don't care. But it's a dumb comment that of course does not play well in an enthusiast community.

Status
Not open for further replies.