• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know how plot heavy Returnal will actually be? I've never been a huge fan of roguelikes but if the story is decent then I might give it a go.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Played and completed Days Gone for the first time. I found it to be phenomenal, especial the story. Had several bugs but didn't bother me too much.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
The one thing I didn't like about days gone is the creepy music starts anytime freakers are nearby, so there are basically no opportunities for jump scares.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
These numbers really show that the "buying public" doesn't have taste.
Which really says something about Knockout City. Who asked for that game?
Those Deathloop numbers makes me sad. I don't know the budget but I hope they make it back smh
It would've gotten a lot of attention at PS5 launch probably. Now it's launching on May with a lot of competition. It's going to be tough. Even though I was looking forward to it, I'm probably not going to buy it at launch now since so many games coming around then. Damn covid.
I'm telling myself this is because it has an IGN version at 60k and another on Bethesda's channel also 60k. But damn it's the best trailer of the show and deserves better.
But what competition does it have in that window? It's the next "PS5" game after Returnal, and I don't see that doing that well, and Rift Apart is two months later. Hopefully people don't sleep on it.

Zach19593

Dec 10, 2019
From which first party studio do you expect the next announcement from.
We already have:
Insomniac Games
GG
SSM
Polyphony Digital
And i am going to count ND with factions also or else i guess most would say this.

All studios except Polyphony Digital are rumored to be working on a second game but i dont believe they are ready for a announcement.

I expect the next announcement to come from Sony Bend at the next showcase in July/August.

Second choice is the new project at San Diego studios.

I guess the first ones to reveal new games will be PixelOpus, Bend and, not ironically, Japan Studio/Team Asobi. I really think a new Astro game is down the line.
Second party-wise, Bluepoint will reveal a new game by summer, a game they were probably already working during DS last phases of production.

My HOPE is Other Ocean with MediEvil 2. A man can dream :(

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some threshold your trophy has to be for in order for it to be a silver or gold instead of a bronze? Because it's interesting that sometimes the most time consuming and hardest trophies net you only a bronze or silver instead of a gold. Like the Mein Leben trophy in Wolfenstein 2 requires you to beat the game on the hardest difficulty with permadeath on, and all you get is a bronze for it. You get a silver just for beating the game on any difficulty
I don't know for sure but I don't think there are thresholds for stuff like that. It's just a matter of how developers want to implement the trophies. So if they put a very hard trophy as a bronze, it's just their own decision. If I understand it correctly, you just gotta have enough trophies to include a platinum in your game and gold is worth of more points than silver and bronze, so you don't need to create so many trophies overall if you have a lot of gold and silver ones. But I could be wrong about this.
I'm telling myself this is because it has an IGN version at 60k and another on Bethesda's channel also 60k. But damn it's the best trailer of the show and deserves better.
But what competition does it have in that window? It's the next "PS5" game after Returnal, and I don't see that doing that well, and Rift Apart is two months later. Hopefully people don't sleep on it.
Well, from my perspective: Returnal launches last day of April, RE Village week after that, then Mass Effect trilogy a week after, then Deathloop a bit later. May is pretty packed and is followed by R&C & FFVII PS5 in the beginning of June.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Please don't make fun of me, it's been a long week for me, but how about that one question in that Jim Ryan GQ interview. He really said HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST was on track. We really getting another horizon THIS YEAR? With ratchet!? Feed me Seymour!

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't make fun of me, it's been a long week for me, but how about that one question in that Jim Ryan GQ interview. He really said HORIZON FORBIDDEN WEST was on track. We really getting another horizon THIS YEAR? With ratchet!? Feed me Seymour!
Until anything official or in hard facts says otherwise, I'm taking Horizon as this year.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Well, from my perspective: Returnal launches last day of April, RE Village week after that, then Mass Effect trilogy a week after, then Deathloop a bit later. May is pretty packed and is followed by R&C & FFVII PS5 in the beginning of June.
Shit I totally forgot about RE Village, yeah that'll definitely dominate May I guess. Mass Effect could go either way tbh, wouldn't shock me if the remaster was terrible.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping Returnal being the same day as Pokemon Snap won't really hurt it. It needs as few hurdles as possible right now. Not exactly an intersecting userbase, but still something of note.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
It seems that Teruhiro Shimogawa became freelancer in mid 2020, shortly after Doucet took the role as head of Japan Studio.

teruhiro-shimogawa.studio.site

下川 輝宏 / Teruhiro Shimogawa

シナリオライター・ゲームデザイナー下川輝宏のウェブサイトです。

He is director of Soul Sacrifice and was creative director at Japan Studio.

So many producers and directors at Japan Studio and not a single good project?
I'm sad about what happened at Japan Studio but what these peoples were doing for all these years ? There was like six game directors and creative director at the studio except Team ASOBI who had steady output on this generation, the rest only released one or zero games.

I suppose there was a lot of canceled games.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad about what happened at Japan Studio but what these peoples were doing for all these years ? There was like six game directors and creative director at the studio except Team ASOBI who had steady output on this generation, the rest only released one or zero games.

Probably, Toyama's game was canned for instance. His new action IP he started immediately after GR2.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Either cancelled or projects didn't even start in the first place.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Japan Studio "closing" is only sad as an idea. They weren't really doing things (outside of Asobi) that makes it sad to see them going. They have long been a shadow of their former self.

It's only sad when you think of the really cool things they used to do. A long time ago.

RIP Japan Studio. Long live Asobi Team.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't know if it's been posted but just saw new(?) commercial during basketball game.

Release dates given:

Returnal: April 30th
Deathloop: May 21st
RnC: June 11th
Horizon: Anticipated second half of 2021
Ghostwire: Sometime in 2021

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if it's been posted but just saw new(?) commercial during basketball game.

Release dates given:

Returnal: April 30th
Deathloop: May 21st
RnC: June 11th
Horizon: Anticipated second half of 2021
Ghostwire: Sometime in 2021
Yea, and as someone that held out on Crash 4, that's a March game for me. If HZD does make this year, it's a really good lineup. Add Kena in there.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yea, and as someone that held out on Crash 4, that's a March game for me. If HZD does make this year, it's a really good lineup. Add Kena in there.

I am happy just knowing Kena and Ratchet have solid dates. Deathloop looks better and better every time I see it. So many great games coming this year.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
So I was watching Kena trailer again and...

The mask Kena uses is from one of the kids (the left ear is damaged, you can see it around the start of the announcement trailer).

Before that Knack 2013 and Gravity Rush 2012

Last Guardian in 2016, development was handled by Japan Studio.

Gravity Rush took a long time probably because it was shifted from Vita to PS4 and the scope changed.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of telling how things got to this point. Rotating between Knack and Gravity Rush was never going to cut it, regardless of the cult fanbases for them.
If what Takashi is saying is true then this most likely started when Yueda left a decade ago.
Last Guardian in 2016, development was handled by Japan Studio.

Gravity Rush took a long time probably because it was shifted from Vita to PS4 and the scope changed.
And that game was in development for a decade

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if people will actually bother buying the single player GTAV (assuming it's a paid release which it almost definitely is)
Most people who care about it have played it a lot already. The PS4 version is playable on PS5 and the multiplayer is free for PS+ so I'm just not sure the upgrade will be that big a deal.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get a nice big firmware update sometime in the next couple of months. I don't really have any games I'm looking forward to until June with R&C, so I need something to excite me on my PS5, lol.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
They should release Persona 4 Golden on PS4.
sophiscated_cat.jpg

It's my least favorite Persona game and I didn't like it at all but I'm surprised they haven't yet. It's a well received game from the vita and a huge fan wish. Plus the pc remaster of it has sold well too I'm sure.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I wonder if people will actually bother buying the single player GTAV (assuming it's a paid release which it almost definitely is)
Most people who care about it have played it a lot already. The PS4 version is playable on PS5 and the multiplayer is free for PS+ so I'm just not sure the upgrade will be that big a deal.
You do know that GTA 5 still sells more than most new games, right? It is in all the top 10 lists consistently. So yes it will sell bonkers.
Sometimes the Era bubble, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.