• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
Finally made my first gif to mark this special occasion 😅
giphy.gif
This is fantastic, lol 😂

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
MS finally letting their wallet open for Xbox was always the worst case scenario for Sony. If Sega goes to MS, then anyone can and not sure what will happen in the future.
If MS is absolutely dead set on dominance they might brute force it.

killerch33z

Banned
Jun 11, 2020
MS finally letting their wallet open for Xbox was always the worst case scenario for Sony. If Sega goes to MS, then anyone can and not sure what will happen in the future.
If MS is absolutely dead set on dominance they might brute force it.
Sega isn't going to MS. No ones gonna buy them IMO especially not MS an American company. I think Microsoft is going after Warner Bros and Sony is going after either Kadokawa or Square Enix. Or maybe some kind of partnership with Square Enix.

Acquisition Discussion Restrictions

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
In wake of the news of Microsoft purchasing Bethesda, discussion and speculation in this thread over which companies Sony should or shouldn't acquire has steadily increased. Over the past month the discussion has escalated and devolved into doom-posting, thinly veiled console warring, concern trolling, and general hostilities all while drowning out most other discussions that are attempted to be had. The effect of this has been numerous posters expressing concern over the general state and tone of the thread and their inability to discuss PlayStation games and have related discussions.

Starting right now all acquisition speculation that is not directly related to a company or developer Sony might be planning on acquiring and that isn't based on a credible source will no longer be allowed in this thread. A credible source being one with substance beyond a random tweet, as per the usual guidelines. Choosing to ignore this will result in a warning and possible thread-ban should it continue.

Thank you.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Since I STLL CANNOT BUY A PS5, I want to resub for PS+ this month to add All Stars for the future. Can I do this via website or do I need PS5 to add PS5 games to library?

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
In wake of the news of Microsoft purchasing Bethesda, discussion and speculation in this thread over which companies Sony should or shouldn't acquire has steadily increased. Over the past month the discussion has escalated and devolved into doom-posting, thinly veiled console warring, concern trolling, and general hostilities all while drowning out most other discussions that are attempted to be had. The effect of this has been numerous posters expressing concern over the general state and tone of the thread and their inability to discusses PlayStation games and have related discussions.

Starting right now all acquisition speculation that is not directly related to a company or developer Sony might be planning on acquiring and that isn't based on a credible source will no longer be allowed in this thread. A credible source being one with substance beyond a random tweet, as per the usual thread creation guidelines. Choosing to ignore this will result in a warning and possible thread-ban should it continue.

Thank you.
🙏

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In wake of the news of Microsoft purchasing Bethesda, discussion and speculation in this thread over which companies Sony should or shouldn't acquire has steadily increased. Over the past month the discussion has escalated and devolved into doom-posting, thinly veiled console warring, concern trolling, and general hostilities all while drowning out most other discussions that are attempted to be had. The effect of this has been numerous posters expressing concern over the general state and tone of the thread and their inability to discusses PlayStation games and have related discussions.

Starting right now all acquisition speculation that is not directly related to a company or developer Sony might be planning on acquiring and that isn't based on a credible source will no longer be allowed in this thread. A credible source being one with substance beyond a random tweet, as per the usual thread creation guidelines. Choosing to ignore this will result in a warning and possible thread-ban should it continue.

Thank you.
Thanks Queen. :)

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Since I STLL CANNOT BUY A PS5, I want to resub for PS+ this month to add All Stars for the future. Can I do this via website or do I need PS5 to add PS5 games to library?

You should be able to add them to your library on the website or the mobile app.

Last edited:

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I don't have paypal and there is a problem with my CC and need to get a 1 year PS+ while it's on sale on cdkeys before the sale ends lol, i can offer steam funds in return through the steam market

i posted in the trade thread but got no reply, if anyone here use steam and interested pls pm me i'd appreciate the help

(not sure if it's allowed to post about trades in another thread, if it's not then pls delete the post)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Does Sony really needs to mention an acquisition in those meetings? I don't remember to see them ever mentioning Insomniac, before or after the purchase.

They don't. Sony only has to disclose information that is pertinent to their shareholders during the fiscal year or the fiscal quarter. So if they're going to do any big plays, and that information is pertinent enough to bring up to shareholders, they will likely announce them via press release first, allowing shareholders time to formulate questions to ask AT said meetings. Shareholder meetings and fiscal year earnings calls are not a place for surprise announcements.

Basically, earnings meetings should not be looked at as miniature E3s, they're "this is what we did, and this is why you shouldn't sell your stock" meetings. It's investor talk, not hype talk.

Etoh

Oct 25, 2017
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Thank you.

This was much needed.

Thank you. <3

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020

Thank you.
Good to see this

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I can now finally rest, been stressed for weeks now sacrificing and getting little sleep (at one point I was awake for 37 hours straight), eating less and doing nothing relaxing because the state of this OT and all the fighting and arguing, people leaving, general tone and how it made me feel awful to see everyone feel the way they do. Almost got stressed to the point of thinking about quitting this site after early plea's went nowhere. You're lucky I love all of you too much! After so long I'm glad to finally be able to enact some rule changes that should hopefully make things better for all of you to be able to have fun and positive discussions again.

I need a nap...

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
I can now finally rest, been stressed for weeks now sacrificing and getting little sleep (at one point I was awake for 37 hours straight), eating less and doing nothing relaxing because the state of this OT and all the fighting and arguing, people leaving, general tone and how it made me feel awful to see everyone feel the way they do. Almost got stressed to the point of thinking about quitting this site after early plea's went nowhere. You're lucky I love all of you too much! After so long I'm glad to finally be able to enact some rule changes that should hopefully make things better for all of you to be able to have fun and positive discussions again.

I need a nap...
Thank you Queen, get some deserved rest! :)

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020

I need a nap...
That sounds horrible, i'm so sorry for you, stay healthy and i hope you feel better soon

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool

I need a nap...
Take some rest, you need it, seriously !

Oct 25, 2017

I need a nap...
I appreciate everything you do, QV. But you have so much on your plate I'm worried about you. You should take into consideration that you can have a break from mod duties when it gets heavy. Keep that in mind and in the meanwhile try to have some rest. You're too good for this thread. <3

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Disregarding Staff Post, Mod Whining, Trolling

Thank you.
This is an interesting restriction just because a few members complained about the acquizo discussions. I wonder what will be next on the chopping block because a handful of members don't like thing. No discussions about Sony's struggle in Japan? Banning Bloomberg because they are mean to Sony? A ban on the word Jrpg? Silencing faux insiders after they hyped up non-existent games? Interesting times I must say.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
This is an interesting restriction just because a few members complained about the acquizo discussions. I wonder what will be next on the chopping block because a handful of members don't like thing. No discussions about Sony's struggle in Japan? Banning Bloomberg because they are mean to Sony? A ban on the word Jrpg? Silencing faux insiders after they hyped up non-existent games? Interesting times I must say.
Did you drop your copy of 1984 before writing that comment?

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're free to create a PlayStation should purchase X thread

Jun 23, 2019

Oh come on. It's obvious the discussion wasn't fruitful and just causing issues. No need to be a snarky jerk. 😕

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
You're not restricted to talk about any of these in another thread if you want to.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, there's a thread for that:
www.resetera.com

Brad Sams: MS, Amazon, and Google are looking to make acquistions. EA and Sony (not as much as Google and Amazon) also looking

None of the established publishers are big enough to command a big enough presence when it comes to subscription services. If anything, EA, Activision - Blizzard, Take 2 Interactive are way too reliant on microtransactions. They will have to either grow or merge to have any hope of competing...

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017

Thank you.

Thank you! Long overdue, this thread has become completely insufferable!

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
Random question. Anyone know what the budget for a remake like Demon's Souls would be compared to a new AAA IP?

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look, there's a thread for that:
www.resetera.com

Brad Sams: MS, Amazon, and Google are looking to make acquistions. EA and Sony (not as much as Google and Amazon) also looking

None of the established publishers are big enough to command a big enough presence when it comes to subscription services. If anything, EA, Activision - Blizzard, Take 2 Interactive are way too reliant on microtransactions. They will have to either grow or merge to have any hope of competing...
Yup. Also too many threads made based on just random tweets with nothing but speculation from sams, warren, etc.

I need a nap...
Thank you as always, get some rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.