• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Evil Within 3, Wolfenstein 3, Doom 3, Dishonored 3, Prey 2, Fallout 5, Elder Scrolls 6.... it's depressing as fuck to even contemplate honestly. Love all those franchises
I guess I'm lucky because all of those I either don't care about or think Bethesda ruined (Fallout and TES). Doom and Prey are cool, but uh... not really too shook about either tbh. And eventually I'll buy an xbox in a few years, or probably just build a PC for VR gaming. I'll play them that way.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
If you want.

So about Bloodborne Remastered, I've got absolutely no damn idea if this is real or not. Sorry to destroy your hopes.

I personally don't believe it's happening at all.
KatharsisT. You are legit the best person here. I always love your honestly and appreciate your input. Thank you for responding to me, I feel so special.

Always hoping what you say comes true and I believe it will! (Just cause I want mgs remake more than a bloodborne remaster xD)

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Their official delay was to Q1 2021, is March the end of Q1?

It is. I'm just saying they were asked if it's launching in March and didn't say "no, it's not," just that they haven't set a specific date. In other words, they could be planning to launch sometime in March, but haven't chosen a specific date in March yet.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
All the talk of Horizon Zwei Verboten West and the desire to scale stuff reminds me of this but with mechanical birbs, drakes und dragons:

I want this is DD2 and I also want a rendition of this in the Horizon. Aloy's going to need a paraglider.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Good rule of thumb: never go into an Era thread expecting good opinions on videogames.

Most of the time yeah .

No, but I do feel like Horizon is one of those games that were really good but have tons of ways it can clearly improve.

You can see they improve certain things in the DLC .
I expect they will improve other stuff but certain things people asking for like stamina bar for climbing to climb every where to hell with that lol .

Last edited:

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I'm sorry, I had to.
tenor.gif

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
www.resetera.com

Returnal aims to "create unlimited replay value" for PS5 gamers News

https://www.gamesradar.com/returnal-aims-to-create-unlimited-replay-value-for-ps5-gamers/ Plenty more to read in the article.

"Back when we were creating the original concept over three years ago, we really didn't hold anything back. We dared to dream, and put absolutely every wild idea that we thought was cool into a single pitch and just hoped for the best. Needless to say, we were ecstatic when Sony greenlit the project and offered their support, and we all saw this as a unique opportunity for Housemarque to create something really special."

Do it, Sony.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
The pitch must have been really good for Sony to give a AAA budget to basically hopes and dreams :P
Just joking, they have a good record so it made sense for Sony, is it going to be the first(Besides Demon's) PS5 game to be +90 though? 👀

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I'm glad Sony seemingly came to Housemarque's rescue at their lowest moments. Housemarque has more than earned at least that from SIE.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
It is. I'm just saying they were asked if it's launching in March and didn't say "no, it's not," just that they haven't set a specific date. In other words, they could be planning to launch sometime in March, but haven't chosen a specific date in March yet.

Oh yeah I wasn't trying to question you or anything :P. Makes sense, the sony release dates seem to be pretty up-to-date then.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I truly love the PS5. Ever since I discovered that my coil whine was actually coming from the Xbox One X (which is fixed now that I've unplugged it), the system is just so quiet, so fast, and so pleasant to use. I love the store being completely integrated into the UI, how fast games load up (even if it's not at the level I thought they'd be), and using the Dualsense.

Can't wait for some substantive updates to get stuff like VRR, themes, folders, Quick Resume (please), etc.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
The pitch must have been really good for Sony to give a AAA budget to basically hopes and dreams :P
Just joking, they have a good record so it made sense for Sony, is it going to be the first(Besides Demon's) PS5 game to be +90 though? 👀
Ratchet will take that crown.
I hope Housemarque does it first :(

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Srsly tho. How does jim ryan the organic grow even mean. It sounds for me like that's their way to grew the sudios to build bigger more quality games, not that they can release games faster or god forbid build a second team within the studios.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Srsly tho. How does jim ryan the organic grow even mean. It sounds for me like that's their way to grew the sudios to build bigger more quality games, not that they can release games faster or god forbid build a second team within the studios.
Organic growth is partly growing their studios, and we may be seeing 2 teams with SSM and GG, if they both are working on games besides Horizon and GoW, which organic growth plays a huge role in that.

There are some studios where organic growth doesn't mean as much. Sucker Punch for instance, will never become a 2 team studio, and I think they're pretty big for hte type of games they make. Bend is getting there as well.

Organic growth is also what we saw with Manchester (they were closed, just an example), and the San Diego studio. So it can be creating studios from scratch.

Sony will acquire as well, they're just not going to be as open about acquisition plans as they are about organic growth, and most times Jim mentions organic growth, he mentions acquisitions as well, as long as they make sense for Sony.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
It's honestly really worrisome. Like people will probably act like I'm concern trolling, but I'm legitimately worried that in a couple of years almost every major publisher will get eaten up by one megacorp or another, and if Sony isn't willing to fight back against those companies and their buyout-happy business tactics, they'll lose a huge chunk of what made their platform valuable in the first place.

I really hope the gen doesn't end up as awful as it feels like it's going to. As an RPG fan it already feels like it's going to turn out to be the worst one ever and it's barely even started yet.

One of the positives with MS first-parties is that all of them are coming to PC. If you don't want to jump into Xbox, you still got a choice. For RPG fans either of these platforms are the way to go this gen imo.

btw I'm currently playing Puppeteer and surprised how good it looks on my OLED tv. Lot's of other PS3 games looks like garbo lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Here is an article from Jim Ryan himself explaining what he means.
www.videogameschronicle.com

PlayStation’s CEO says ‘we’ve grown our studios organically, rather than via spending sprees’ | VGC

Jim Ryan says Sony’s approach to expansion is “not widely appreciated or understood”…

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Before Hermen Hulst become WWS president, he mention that he want to grow Guerilla to the point where they can release something every 2-3 years, whatever that's entirely new game, or big dlc (like Frozen Wilds), or something. I imagine he's hoping to take that approach to all of their WWS studio. Whatever that mean having 2 separate team, or just 1 big team with smaller team doing preproduction before the main team move in later.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Organic growth is partly growing their studios, and we may be seeing 2 teams with SSM and GG, if they both are working on games besides Horizon and GoW, which organic growth plays a huge role in that.

There are some studios where organic growth doesn't mean as much. Sucker Punch for instance, will never become a 2 team studio, and I think they're pretty big for hte type of games they make. Bend is getting there as well.

Organic growth is also what we saw with Manchester (they were closed, just an example), and the San Diego studio. So it can be creating studios from scratch.

Sony will acquire as well, they're just not going to be as open about acquisition plans as they are about organic growth, and most times Jim mentions organic growth, he mentions acquisitions as well, as long as they make sense for Sony.

Iam really curious how it pans out with organic grow. It's more like a promise to the enduser because It's impossible for us to say how much of an impact it will have.
Acquisitions is an easy sell. "Hey guys look at this we are investing in new studios" gives more confience in them.

Yea he talked about acquisitions this week too. I suspect it's studios like bluepoint which worked with them for years and since they lost most partnerships the last few years it's easy to say that they wont have much acquisitions. Bluepoint and Housemarque for the whole gen is my guess.

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And it has released only in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam and Singapore grossing $374 million. It has huge potential in China and US. Probably will cross 400 million mark.

It's a funny thing but Sony Pictures is also on top spot. Sony commanded 22.2% of the domestic market with $493 million. Hilarious way to become Number 1 :D

U.S. Box Office Plummets 80%, Global Revenue Drops 71% in 2020 Amid Pandemic
Weeb King Sony always wins, baby!
chad_warden_for_presiiajh9.jpg

Nov 21, 2017
Don't worry everyone Sony will buy the following studios in 2021 Ufotable, Type-Moon, and miHoyo. All of these will bolster Sony Music into an even bigger anime powerhouse. Sony knows with the power of God and Anime they are unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.