• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
A loved GE back when it came out. But it was always going to be hard for any game following it because it represented firsts for so many people. Their first FPS, first 4 player multiplayer and it was an amazing licensed game at a time when most associated licensed games with being throwaway. We'd come a long ways from LJN. But I think even if you gave someone who never played GE or Nightfire both games that they'd come away feeling like Nightfire was the better game. Even if you were to give them a version of GE that fixes its performance issues (it's super rough, especially in multiplayer). As you said, it's just a better game in every way.

I loved Goldeneye as a kid and I definitely appreciate what it did for gaming in general. But like Alone in the Dark and horror it has aged extremely bad. I played some Goldeneye this summer and it was rough. I would love to go back and see what I would think of Nightfire today, probably outdated in some ways but I think it would at least still be solid.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
I honestly have felt like abandoning this thread multiple times already, and I just joined this site in November. Everything is so reactionary and whenever there's a lull in ps news it gets filled with negative conjecture about the future. Gaming is supposed to be a fun hobby, but around here everything seems to center around who is "winning" and who is "losing," all the time, as if there can't be multiple paths to success within the industry.

When I read about the Indy game on other sites, all I thought was "neat," and then I came here and saw nothing but concern that it may only be for another system, despite not having seen a single second of game footage or even receiving a hint of what possible year it might come out. It's pretty tiring, to be honest. I want to save my stress for the attempted coup attempts to overthrow my country's government, not worrying that years from now another company might possibly match the output of the game system I currently own, haha.
I'm mostly just scrolling and rolling my eyes over half of the reactionary behavior in this thread, not convinced any large future acquisition would change minds regardless.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
754574040252809226.png

Have you played anything fun lately?
Excited for Kena in March?

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, it looks like Sony totally messed up the dates thing during CES. We haven't had any recalls for Destruction AllStars, Kena didn't appear to be confirmed for March and Gran Turismo 7 wasn't even cited.

Sony and those end of trailers fine print things aren't going that well are they? This and the Demon's Souls coming to PC a couple of months ago.

FeenixRisen

McDonalds looks really average next to Wendys
Oct 25, 2017
Briefly interrupting the doomspeak.

I was just reading about a blank screen game made for the Sega Megadrive/Genesis in the 90s for the blind (thanks Reddit), so I'm wondering if a small dev should attempt a similar game heavily utilizing the features of the Dual Sense. Just a random thought.

Doomspeak shall recommence

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone remember "Frontschweine" aka "Hogs of War" on PS1? 😀
Never heard of it :D
I feel like a lot of people didn't give EA's Bond games a chance because they wanted so desperately for them to just be Goldeneye. Most of EA's Bond games were really good. Even Activision's Blood Stone was enjoyable, although we know that it was really rushed. Really the biggest misstep was Rogue Agent. That was just a bad idea altogether.
I agree, EA weren't always scummy.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
IO Interactive about to make you all forget about some Goldeneye game from 20 years ago. 😎

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Thing is, talking "when" is tricky due to the current circumstances. Games that were targeting this quarter for release as late as last summer didn't even get trailers since. So I can never be too sure about when something is announced/released.

With that said, I believe we're getting these announcement sometime in February. I just can't be 100% sure about it.
It just makes sense that it'd be around the 31st of January. Give or take a few days! They made a big deal of the anniversary last year with a 4 minute meaty trailer (and delay news iirc) to April. We shall see. :)

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
god I am replaying Hitman 2016(on PS5, I have H1/H2 on PC and H1 on PS5, I prefer the 60FPS in 1440P :x) and it is so gooooooooooooooood, I cannot wait for this bond game, unfortunately is going to take a looooooong time.

We're at least super close to more Hitman though! Hopefully it does well for the team at IO, they deserve all of the success in the world and them having a license to make THE Bond game is amazing... We'll have to wait for sure but it'll be worth it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, it looks like Sony totally messed up the dates thing during CES. We haven't had any recalls for Destruction AllStars, Kena doesn't seem to be confirmed for March after all and Gran Turismo 7 wasn't even cited.

I didn't see this, that's a shame. Could still release in March but it's likely they want to wait until the are confident enough in development to announce a launch month since the pandemic is still going on.
What god do I need to pray to for to for ya'll to stop talking about acquisitions?
giphy.gif

I just tune it out and try and change the topic whenever it crops up.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
They'll need years to get to ND and SM's level. You can have money but just look at Halo Infinite. Their biggest studio and biggest investment so far.
Sony isn't doing anything while PS5 sells like hot cake, and we can't really blame them, to be honest. That's a position they worked hard to be in. But it is not impossible that when some real competition catchs up as it was in the PS3 vs x360 gen, there may not be a lot of qualified labor to run after.

Sony is that person who bought just a packet of toilet paper (studio) at the beginning of the pandemic (rush to buy studios and publishers in the IP war). While Microsoft, Tecent and THQ are those who are stocking up so they don't have to go out and buy later.

Risky proposition. Not only will the options shrink with each passing year, but the inherent costs will most probably skyrocket...

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
We're at least super close to more Hitman though! Hopefully it does well for the team at IO, they deserve all of the success in the world and them having a license to make THE Bond game is amazing... We'll have to wait for sure but it'll be worth it.
It is a very good release time, both January and February are kinda barren and the game looks really good, if the reviews are also good(and it looks it will be the case) the game will sell well.
I wish I could buy now :( I will probably get a H2+H3 Collection or something in some months.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sadly, it looks like Sony totally messed up the dates thing during CES. We haven't had any recalls for Destruction AllStars, Kena doesn't seem to be confirmed for March after all and Gran Turismo 7 wasn't even cited.

What do Destruction AllStars and Gran Turismo 7 have to do with it?

Kena tweet also just says they haven't set a specific date. March isn't a specific date.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
We already had our acquisition....
Crunchyroll
Sony be like:

Don't forget that most of the games Xbox Studios will make will be little games just to fill the Game Pass. They will have AAA, obviously, but I don't think the quality will be as good as PS Studios games.
I don't think this is true after the Zenimax Acquisition and even if it were. AAA Games aren't better than Indie/Smaller Games. Psychonauts 2 hypes me more than a potential Days Gone 2 or Ghost 2.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Ready at dawn hurt honestly. Why give a company 1 chance at a console game? It wasn't even a bad foot forward.
Same for me. The CTO of RAD was even hyping the PS5 up - I had goosebumps thinking how amazing their PS5 game would look.
Also liked The Order and really think they would have knocked the next AAA title they're given the chance to work on out of the park.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
If you want.

So about Bloodborne Remastered, I've got absolutely no damn idea if this is real or not. Sorry to destroy your hopes.

I personally don't believe it's happening at all.
Totally unsurprising yet completely disappointing.

A masterpiece forever limited by dumb technical issues is a hard pill to swallow. Particularly when many other titles receive updates - ones not marred by technical issues that impact playability.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Maneater was fun to play !

Can't wait for Kena !
Oh is that out? That's PS plus for PS5 right?

Hope to see you in my Kena avatar thread before the game releases!
Tsushima <3
blog.playstation.com

How stunning visual effects bring Ghost of Tsushima to life

A deep dive into the wind, weather, and interactive particles that make Jin’s journey come alive.
I still need to go back and beat it...

Status
Not open for further replies.