• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
For Sony the big IP there would be MH since that would help in Japan and Asia if that the only place to play it .
Truth is if Sony was to buy a pub it should be a Japanese one .
Yeah, I doubt they will go for any western publisher, but wouldn't be surprised if a publisher would sell one of its devs along with an IP. Similar to the Red Dead Revolver situation.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
We already know that Sony was very interested in buying Leyou. In other words, there is no point in saying that they do not want to acquire. What is clear is that they are not going to buy something hastily. Also, I could see Microsoft buying more independent studios but nothing like Bethesda. There are many regulations that come into play in these types of purchases. We also have to see if Bethesda games will be multiplatform, which at the moment does not seem to be very clear.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's just the same doomposting over and over and over again. It's so tiring. PlayStation has a huge year ahead and the only thing people talk about here is doom if they don't buy a publisher. Geez.

It's the same over and over again. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the biggest generation for PS.

Like, there is a lot of 3rd party games that does the job of you like indies/j-rpgs and what not.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
We already know that Sony was very interested in buying Leyou. In other words, there is no point in saying that they do not want to acquire. What is clear that they are not going to buy something hastily.

It is difficult to know this with certainty because that purchase was not being made by SIE. Sony Corp could have bought the entire conglomerate and left them multiplatform, as already happens with some games published by Sony Music.

HypnoToad344

Jul 11, 2020
Not the person you were replying to but yes, I do expect Sony to just sit there and allow various developers and even publishers to be bought. I don't expect Sony to get off their ass until what others are doing starts to have a direct negative influence on the PlayStation business.
I'm sure you do.

Everything's a doomsday scenario. Come up for air people.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
For Sony the big IP there would be MH since that would help in Japan and Asia if that the only place to play it .
Truth is if Sony was to buy a pub it should be a Japanese one .
Japan pub would make sense, since the issue with Sony Japan, is their games don't sell well in Japan, let alone the west. If you can't even nail getting sales in Japan, something is wrong. A Japan pub like Capcom would have great sales everywhere.

OddRonald

Jul 31, 2020
It's not ideal but if xbox really do make all the bethesda titles exclusive to that platform and end up buying any more multiplatform IPs, then I'll probably just suck it up and pick up a series x in a few years, I know not everyone is in that position and some will refuse out of principle too but nothing good seems to be coming from Xbox anytime soon, both first party and bethesda. If the new Fable, Indiana Jones, Elder Scrolls 6(?), Avowed etc aren't coming out till 2023/2024 then I'll start to consider rebuilding my pc or picking up a series X, for now I'm just gonna enjoy my new ps5 and all the ps4 titles I've missed and all the great games we're meant to be getting this year

I owned an xbox one and no other platform for years without any good exclusives other than Halo ports and Sunset Overdrive, both of which can now be played on a PC

HypnoToad344

Jul 11, 2020
It's been the same shit for months. Eventually people will just stop visiting here and that'll leave the same handful of people to cry day in and day out about acquisitions and how Sony are doomed if they don't buy Capcom, Square and Japan and bla bla bla bla. Like a lot of the posts aren't even level headed, I get being concerned about industry consolidation, I get being concerned about Japanese output, but just wait and see what happens for fuck's sake.

What's been happening in here is just straight up pathetic.
Tell me about it. I've been gone for like a month living life and actually playing games, I come back and it's like I never left.

This is not an enthusiasts site... it's for obsessive manic depressives.

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before and I am still of the opinion that splitting this Sony thread into seperate gaming and gaming business threads would be far more beneficial for overall discourse.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Japan pub would make sense, since the issue with Sony Japan, is their games don't sell well in Japan, let alone the west. If you can't even nail getting sales in Japan, something is wrong. A Japan pub like Capcom would have great sales everywhere.

Funny thing is Sony western games now sell more in Japan than there Japanese game and even some of the other Japanese pubs .
TLOU , UC , HZD and GOW do 200k and Spidey and GOT did 400k plus.

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
What a lot of people seem to forget is that Sony also makes a lot of second-party games. A Kojipro or a Fromsoft exclusive, for example, could be perfectly added to the number of games developed by their studios during the Gen.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's been the same shit for months. Eventually people will just stop visiting here and that'll leave the same handful of people to cry day in and day out about acquisitions and how Sony are doomed if they don't buy Capcom, Square and Japan and bla bla bla bla. Like a lot of the posts aren't even level headed, I get being concerned about industry consolidation, I get being concerned about Japanese output, but just wait and see what happens for fuck's sake.

Indeed, but that's the internet for ya.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funny thing is Sony western games now sell more in Japan than there Japanese game and even some of the other Japanese pubs .
TLOU , UC , HZD and GOW do 200k and Spidey and GOT did 400k plus.
Replace God of War with Days Gone. GOW didn't really do well in Japan.
And Horizon Zero Dawn should be well over 400k (physical and digital) in Japan :)

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is so depressing. No good vibrations 😡
giphy.gif

As pointed out previously, can't even do that anymore Microsoft owns Doom and Nintendo owns Gloom.
iuubr2sgevh41.jpg

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played 007 after ps1 but everything or nothing looks similar to tomorrow never dies

I feel like a lot of people didn't give EA's Bond games a chance because they wanted so desperately for them to just be Goldeneye. Most of EA's Bond games were really good. Even Activision's Blood Stone was enjoyable, although we know that it was really rushed. Really the biggest misstep was Rogue Agent. That was just a bad idea altogether.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of people didn't give EA's Bond games a chance because they wanted so desperately for them to just be Goldeneye. Most of EA's Bond games were really good. Even Activision's Blood Stone was enjoyable, although we know that it was really rushed. Really the biggest misstep was Rogue Agent. That was just a bad idea altogether.

Yeah the EA 007 games were really good. I know people hold Goldeneye 64 in such high regard because it came out first, but honestly I think Nightfire beats it in almost every area.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020

I honestly have felt like abandoning this thread multiple times already, and I just joined this site in November. Everything is so reactionary and whenever there's a lull in ps news it gets filled with negative conjecture about the future. Gaming is supposed to be a fun hobby, but around here everything seems to center around who is "winning" and who is "losing," all the time, as if there can't be multiple paths to success within the industry.

When I read about the Indy game on other sites, all I thought was "neat," and then I came here and saw nothing but concern that it may only be for another system, despite not having seen a single second of game footage or even receiving a hint of what possible year it might come out. It's pretty tiring, to be honest. I want to save my stress for the attempted coup attempts to overthrow my country's government, not worrying that years from now another company might possibly match the output of the game system I currently own, haha.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Hey you! I missed you. Hope you've been well! 🤗
So much wasted potential.... 🥺
(I liked The Order tho.)
😢
For the next OT, have that as the mascot on the first page.
I should message Juan about the possibility on getting it added to the OP billboard next OT 😄
Let's not think about The Order since we're never going to get a sequel 😭 Still waiting for DLC
1854_CryingPanda.png

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the EA 007 games were really good. I know people hold Goldeneye 64 in such high regard because it came out first, but honestly I think Nightfire beats it in almost every area.

A loved GE back when it came out. But it was always going to be hard for any game following it because it represented firsts for so many people. Their first FPS, first 4 player multiplayer and it was an amazing licensed game at a time when most associated licensed games with being throwaway. We'd come a long ways from LJN. But I think even if you gave someone who never played GE or Nightfire both games that they'd come away feeling like Nightfire was the better game. Even if you were to give them a version of GE that fixes its performance issues (it's super rough, especially in multiplayer). As you said, it's just a better game in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.