• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Must not forget...

balan-wonderworld-cover-image.jpg
Balan is in march? Thought it didnt even have a release date. Let's go!

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Cause they could be remaking actually dormant ips that Sony actually owns that need revitalizing like Folklore, Wild Arms, Arc the Lad, Syphon Filter etc
For such niche games(minus Syphon Filter? I think it has a bigger fanbase) a remaster would be better than a remake, you shouldn't go crazy with games that like 6 people care.
If they have something really unique, like in concept or gameplay, then maybe try a soft-reboot? I didn't play any of them so I can't say.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
The fact that this is how we're getting PS5 release dates since like 5 months ago

K1zhbbm.gif

Anyway...i hope Ratchet is still like...April and we won't have a huge wait. But since Insomniac just released another game i can't even be mad at them, lmao.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Gotta hold on and not buy sackboys huge adventure. Trying to get some of those big hitters and hopefully mlb the show on xsx

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
For such niche games(minus Syphon Filter? I think it has a bigger fanbase) a remaster would be better than a remake, you shouldn't go crazy with games that like 6 people care.
If they have something really unique, like in concept or gameplay, then maybe try a soft-reboot? I didn't play any of them so I can't say.
Arc the Lad and Wild arms were very popular especially in Japan that Sony considered them successes. Also it seems like it'd be a waste of time remastering ps1 and psp games when they might as well remake it at that point

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably gonna buy more games day one this year than I have in a long time. Good thing I held back at launch.

Jul 25, 2020
Same applies to Silent Hill lol. All it takes is one great entry to get the ball rolling again.

Oh couldn't disagree more. Fans are too fickle. The best in the series is easily SH2 but the first four titles maintain high quality. Origins is a good game, not great but good. Homecoming was a popcorn kinda game but functional, it wasn't outright bad. Shattered memories is my second favourite in the series. Downpour was a very interesting take with some annoying performance issues. Book of memories was completely forgettable. But I still really enjoy these games. Shattered Memories was just amazing.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
This is my point though... I know this... They don't need to acquire the whole company.

I doubt they will sell just the IP even more so with a MGS movie coming out and they can just keep on getting money from else where for them .

Arc the Lad and Wild arms were very popular especially in Japan that Sony considered them successes. Also it seems like it'd be a waste of time remastering ps1 and psp games when they might as well remake it at that point

If you remaking games that old you can as well make a new IP instead .
I love WA but the IP is dead with mobile game shutting down this year .

Last edited:

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they will sell just the IP even more so with a MGS movie coming out and they can just keep on getting money from else where for them .

If you remaking games that old you can as well make a new IP instead .
I love WA but the IP is dead with mobile game shutting down this year .
Even a dormant/dead ip is better than an entirely new one, at least there's a base to start. All it takes is a great entry by a reputable developer and the the ip is usable again.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Even a dormant/dead ip is better than an entirely new one, at least there's a base to start. All it takes is a great entry by a reputable developer and the the ip is usable again.

A new IP is interesting to people , you also free to do what you want and it can also help from a marketing perspective .
Sometimes with old IP people hear about them and don't care and if the fan base small it might not be worth it .
Both ways have certain aspects going for them but i don't think WA as a IP would be better than a new IP.

Last edited:

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I think we'll see a release schedule something like this:

January -
February - Nioh Collection, Destruction All Stars
March - Returnal, Kena Bridge of Spirits, Yakuza Like a Dragon
April - Ratchet & Clank
May - Deathloop
June - Solar Ash
July - Little Devil Inside
August -
September - Gran Turismo 7
October - Ghostwire Tokyo, Stray
November - Horizon Forbidden West
December -

Last edited:

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
A new IP is interesting to people , you also free to do what you want and it can also help from a marketing perspective .
Sometimes with old IP people hear about them and don't care and if the fan base small it might not be worth it .
Both ways have certain aspects going for them but i don't think WA as a IP would be better than a new IP.
There may be more freedom but it'd still be harder for a new ip to find success than a dormant ip. Horizon, Ghosts of Tsushima and Days Gone are the exception cause of Sony's marketing, people's love of open world ubisoft style games and the strength of PlayStation Studios. After seeing how Sony treats new ips that aren't those type(like Puppeteer) I think a new ip JRPG from them is doomed to failure.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Didn't a person in the know (maybe even a journalist) say FF XVI was further along than Athia? I'm probably making it up.

Of course, in the off chance I'm not misremembering, it's two different teams, but man, if XVI is this year I guess I'm getting a PS5 sooner than expected.

Last edited:

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017

January -
April - Ratchet & Clank
May - Deathloop
June - Solar Ash
August -
December -
is Yakuza a separate ps5 release?

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

January -
April - Ratchet & Clank
May - Deathloop
June - Solar Ash
August -
December -

God of War, where are you? 👀

is Yakuza a separate ps5 release?

It's a free update for PS4 owners, but there is no cross-save between the 2 versions of the game.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
What kind of month March will be! I already own Like A Dragon and wait for the patch and pre ordered Returnal.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
No God of War 2018 progress updates to share yet, haven't been able to play anything in 3 weeks. Just in case anyone was curious as I now some of you are looking forward to my first time playing it thoughts.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Oh hell yes, Kena in march! Cannot wait, I've been dying to see more and it's good to see I don't have to wait too much longer.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
My gf and I are really enjoying Sackboy. Such a solid platformer. Soundtrack has been incredible too.

I hope Sony contacts Sumo to keep working on the series. I'm loving all the platformers we're getting.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017

January -
April - Ratchet & Clank
May - Deathloop
June - Solar Ash
August -
December -
Since GT7 might be a 2022 game (because Polyphony), I would move up Horizon to Sep and just leave November for the usual COD release which will be huge if its Modern Warfare 2. Maybe Factions 2 could take August since it would get buried in November. GOW2 is like the only big hitter I would sacrifice to the Fall release is it indeed comes out in 2021.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
I'm trying to just buy a copy of the Pathless from my buddy, would like to just send him a code for it... is there a good way to do that?

Thanks to anyone that could help!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I'm trying to just buy a copy of the Pathless from my buddy, would like to just send him a code for it... is there a good way to do that?

Sony did away with game-specific codes, so the only way would be to send him PSN cards and tell him to buy it

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Only possible on PC. On PSN you can only give him a code for some PSN credit, so he can buy it on the PS Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.