• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Bluepoint should ideally be allowed to create a new IP on their own. Its a bummer because they have had their hands dirty remaking games from so many different genres.. Imaging the amount of game design ideas they have studied while remaking these games. They could really apply all of these learnings across different genres in a new IP. As much as I love MGS the idea of them remaking games for this entire PS5 gen seems like a bit of a bummer.

They should take actual risks, Demon Souls was a 1:1 Remake, i really hope they ain't going to do the same for all MGS Remakes, assuming they are all in dev/will be in dev.

Capcom RE2 Remake is a classic, they changed a lot of things but the game still ended up being really good, i want Bluepoint to do this, take MGS, start with this, keep the story and the characters but change the gameplay, prespective, better stealth and better boss fights.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
They should take actual risks, Demon Souls was a 1:1 Remake, i really hope they ain't going to do the same for all MGS Remakes, assuming they are all in dev/will be in dev.

Capcom RE2 Remake is a classic, they changed a lot of things but the game still ended up being really good, i want Bluepoint to do this, take MGS, start with this, keep the story and the characters but change the gameplay, prespective, better stealth and better boss fights.

True. I think they will def be changing MGS if they are remaking it. You will likely see a more traditional third person camera angle across all three games which would change up the design quite a bit

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
True. I think they will def be changing MGS if they are remaking it. You will likely see a more traditional third person camera angle across all three games which would change up the design quite a bit

MGS1 is also like 3 and a half hours long, so they'd need to RAMPANTLY overhaul the core game flow if they expect to charge people full price. It'd basically need to be a completely new game, and I don't think BP has the chops for that.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
MGS1 is also like 3 and a half hours long, so they'd need to RAMPANTLY overhaul the core game flow if they expect to charge people full price. It'd basically need to be a completely new game, and I don't think BP has the chops for that.

What BP has and doesnt' have chops for is not something you or I know. So making statements like they dont have chops for is insensitive to the people working there.

There are plenty of talented people there. They need to make original content before anyone can critique their game design capabilities. They have to be given a chance to make something original

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What BP has and doesnt' have chops for is not something you or I know. So making statements like they dont have chops for is insensitive to the people working there.

There are plenty of talented people there. They need to make original content before anyone can critique their game design capabilities.

I'm more saying that if you want your first acid test of "look what we can do ourselves", chaining yourselves to the madness of Hideo Kojima and trying to OUTDO HIM seems like a pretty bold choice.

I would not want to be on a team whose first truly original game is trying to reimagine Kojima from the ground up. That seems completely unfair to them, and they would be better served by making a new IP first.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
I'm more saying that if you want your first acid test of "look what we can do ourselves", chaining yourselves to the madness of Hideo Kojima and trying to OUTDO HIM seems like a pretty bold choice.

I would not want to be on a team whose first truly original game is trying to reimagine Kojima from the ground up. That seems completely unfair to them, and they would be better served by making a new IP first.

Yeah this I agree. You are def right. Lets see how it goes.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
I wonder if Bluepoint actually changes some things about MGS how that would look like. I am not only talking about the Gameplay, but MGS is a japanese Franchises that deeply explores western values and philosophies and looks at them in a critical angle. This series goes from the cold war to the late 2010s and by that it presents us how many of these values shift or get reformed.

Obviously Kojima is a movie buff and his interest in the west comes from that, but i also believe the influences it had especially after world war 2 on countries like japan are interesting to look at from his perspective.
I wonder how much Bluepoint would potentially change some of that, even if it isn't intentionally.

Not to mention how frightening it must be to remake a Game that is dearly beloved by millions of people and this time actually changing something.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if I should sell my PS4 copy of FF7R now while it has some value, then I can use that to reduce the cost of ps5 version. Cause I know I'm going to buy it no matter what I tell myself now.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
Square announcements are piling up. We're getting XIV's next expansion's reveal next month and VIIR PS5 & Life is Strange 3 should be soon after.
Let's goooooo! I hold off on FF7R to wait for a PS5 version.
Silent Hill is a PS exclusive made by Japan Studio.

MGS Remake(s) will be PS exclusive(s) made by Bluepoint which will become a PlayStation Studio once and for all.
I know you get a lot of hate, but I believe this. I got told the same and this person rarely lets me down.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Appreciate the insiders droppin some exciting bits in here.

Kinda do think the Sony mothership should consider buying the Konami IPs especially if they're going to be heavily investing in them anyway. On top of these rumored MGS & Silent Hill projects from SIE, Sony Pictures is already bankrolling the MGS Movie. The Castlevannia Anime could headline with the new Crunchyroll Funimation Service once that's established and Playstation Productions & HBO could definitely deliver us a good live action adaption of Silent Hill.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Navtra KatharsisT I have a lot of questions but I am sure you are already giving us everything you think is ok to know. Huge thanks to you! We have been waiting for some rumors/insider info for some time now. Really appreciate this.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
@Navtra Since you seem to be in the loop on Square stuff, do you know if we're getting a DQ12 announcement soon? 30th anniversary celebrations began around now five years ago. So I'm assuming 35th anniversary stuff will kick off soon.

Haven't heard anything regarding DQ12. It makes sense for it to be announced this year, though.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
Since there are speculative talks about BP remaking MGS, I must join in.

To do real justice to these games, I believe Kojima must be brought in as a development partner. As great as DeS:R is, BP missed an opportunity to improve upon key areas such as enemy behavior. Flamelurker, the gargoyles, and Maneater have awful, often broken AI. I understand their development philosophy. However, leaving in broken mechanics or undercooked elements for the sake of staying true to the original is just not good, IMO.

Remakes should largely stay true to the original. OTOH, aspects of game design that were scaled back because of time, money, technology, and/or effort should be seen as an opportunity to elevate the original. And things that are objectionably bad like certain AI behavior should always be reworked. Additionally, modern game mechanics should be introduced as much as practical.

Especially in the case of a series like MGS where the evolution of game design is as steep between MGS1 and MGS5. My opinion of course!

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody know if Bloodborne remastered is actually a thing? I would love if Bluepoint did it

bloodborne-otec-gaskoyn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.