• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
I got Horizon Zero Dawn for Christmas and just started playing it a few days ago. My gosh it's good. I'm really looking forward to Forbidden West now.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
After the news about sony TVs not having VRR this year im kinda worried about not getting VRR support in the OS at all...

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt mean Bungie was too expensive as in they couldn't afford. I meant Bungie is too expensive for what you get. Just clarifying.
Thanks for the clarification. You likely are right but I feel with the long term Bungie will deliver.
Plus they own the Destiny I.P.
With the money you would need to buy Bungie, you could buy Kadokawa (including From Software) to boost your Anime AND Videogame sector.
Not worth it.
Is that so, that puts things into perspective. Would Anime King Sony want to make SIE do such a thing instead of continuing their conquering of anime?

I doubt it lol

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
You can still buy 1-Year PlayStation PLUS for ~$30 (US/CA).
PS+ deals in EU/GER tho..... 🤦‍♂️

EU getting fucked as always 😢 13 Sentinels on PSN EU is 33% off instead of 50% like on US
I've seen more than a few posts in this thread about a "Days Gone 2" or a "Spider-Man 2", but given that we already know about God of War V and Horizon 2, I have to admit I wouldn't be terribly jazzed about all the big Sony teams just doing "well-received PS4 game but beefier for PS5". That's one thing for the launch window, but it would be nice to get to some original IPs or some that haven't been touched in a while, considering all the above have gotten a great treatment recently already.

This. I would be extremely disappointed if we just got sequels to these big PS4 games instead of a new ones. I mean, I'm excited for new GoW, but not as much as I would be for a completely new game. Where's WiLD, RaySpace, new FromSoftware collab, Cory's Space Game...? 😢

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen more than a few posts in this thread about a "Days Gone 2" or a "Spider-Man 2", but given that we already know about God of War V and Horizon 2, I have to admit I wouldn't be terribly jazzed about all the big Sony teams just doing "well-received PS4 game but beefier for PS5". That's one thing for the launch window, but it would be nice to get to some original IPs or some that haven't been touched in a while, considering all the above have gotten a great treatment recently already.

Even if it's not like Wild Arms or Ape Escape, a new Sly Cooper or Syphon Filter wouldn't hurt anybody.
Sony just got to knock on Media Visions door again for a new Wild Arms.

Oct 27, 2017
600065479910096925.png

GOAT of Tsushima baby, you love to see it.

The perfect emoji haha

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EU getting fucked as always 😢 13 Sentinels on PSN EU is 33% off instead of 50% like on US
Ridiculous :/
This. I would be extremely disappointed if we just got sequels to these big PS4 games instead of a new ones. I mean, I'm excited for new GoW, but not as much as I would be for a completely new game. Where's WiLD, RaySpace, new FromSoftware collab, Cory's Space Game...?
Games like Days Gone, Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima etc. were the new IPs. So it makes sense that they are getting a sequel.
There is still London Studio, PixelOpus and Naughty Dog ready for a new IP.
And 1st party collaborations. I mean we're getting Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Destruction AllStars, Returnal, etc.
All new IPs (No. Sackboy: A Big Adventure isn't a LBP game). Sony is the one (of the big three) who ALWAYS has the most new IPs in a console generation. So expect some great new IPs this gen, too.
Stuff like "Cory's Space Game", RaySpace and a new From Software collab doesn't exist. Only WILD is (still) in development.,

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017

Even if it's not like Wild Arms or Ape Escape, a new Sly Cooper or Syphon Filter wouldn't hurt anybody.
The thing with a lot of these studios, excluding Insomniac, they spent a long time on these new ideas. The new IP's we got last gen took 4, 5, even 6 years to make, so those devs making another new IP immediately after isn't viable.

And there is talk of SSM and GG doing new IP's, and we should get a ND new IP, so even with the sequels, we should get new stuff from these teams.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
The "start" of this generation is going to be loaded with sequels but I expect we'll see a lot of new IPs as the generation is winding down. I really am looking forward to seeing the new Horizon, God of War, Days Gone, Ghost, Spider-Man etc. Those were all games I really enjoyed and they all deserve sequels.

We'll get new IP in the latter half of the generation and it will be amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
The "start" of this generation is going to be loaded with sequels but I expect we'll see a lot of new IPs as the generation is winding down. I really am looking forward to seeing the new Horizon, God of War, Days Gone, Ghost, Spider-Man etc. Those were all games I really enjoyed and they all deserve sequels.

We'll get new IP in the latter half of the generation and it will be amazing.
Sony is already releasing 2 new IPs for the PS5 in a couple of months, they released Knack at the launch of the PS4 and at least one new IP every year for the PS4 afterwards. I don't think there's any reason to think Sony is all of a sudden going to release only/mostly sequels.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Sony is already releasing 2 new IPs for the PS5 in a couple of months, they released Knack at the launch of the PS4 and at least one new IP every year for the PS4 afterwards. I don't think there's any reason to think Sony is all of a sudden going to release only/mostly sequels.

I'm not saying no new IP is coming in the early years but a lot of their own WWS are definitely going to be on sequel duty for the next two-three years.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just taking a shot in the dark, but I'm thinking (hoping) we might get a State of Play this week.

Based on:

1. The King of Fighters XV. There was a 50-second reveal trailer a few days ago with a 2021 release window and no mention of platforms, but SNK said it has another trailer planned for this coming week. Considering The King of Fighters XIV Ultimate Edition and The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match were only announced for PS4, and they still haven't mentioned platforms for XV or set a specific date for this week's new trailer, my guess is The King of Fighters XV is a PS4/5 title and will be featured in a State of Play.

2. Square Enix trademarked Forspoken in Australia on January 6 and Europe on January 7. Forspoken was first trademarked in Japan back in September 2020. While many have speculated this to be the subtitle of the next Final Fantasy XIV expansion, producer Naoki Yoshida specifically said it's not in an interview with GAME Watch. So my next guess is it's the official title for Project Athia. And if that's the case, we may be seeing more of it soon (like in a State of Play) considering the trademarks were recent. Also, the domain for project-athia.com was last updated on the same day as the last update for the domains forspoken.com, forspokengame.com, and forspoken-game.com (which was October 21), and all are registered by CSC Corporate Domains.

3. Pre-orders for Resident Evil Village are supposed to start in January, according to the Capcom data leaks. All major Resident Evil Village news so far has come from Sony's PS5 events, meaning we may get our next big update in a State of Play again right before pre-orders open.

On an unrelated note, five years ago (Friday, January 8, 2016), Square Enix announced its Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Project Presentation, which was held the following week, so hopefully we'll hear something from Square Enix about Dragon Quest's 35th anniversary plans soon.

In any event, I'm just guessing and don't actually have any knowledge of when the next State of Play will occur, so don't get upset if it doesn't happen.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just taking a shot in the dark, but I'm thinking (hoping) we might get a State of Play this week.

Based on:

1. The King of Fighters XV. There was a 50-second reveal trailer a few days ago with a 2021 release window and no mention of platforms, but SNK said it has another trailer planned for this coming week. Considering The King of Fighters XIV Ultimate Edition and The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match were only announced for PS4, and they still haven't mentioned platforms for XV or set a specific date for this week's new trailer, my guess is The King of Fighters XV is a PS4/5 title and will be featured in a State of Play.

2. Square Enix trademarked Forspoken in Australia on January 6 and Europe on January 7. Forspoken was first trademarked in Japan back in September 2020. While many have speculated this to be the subtitle of the next Final Fantasy XIV expansion, producer Naoki Yoshida specifically said it's not in an interview with GAME Watch. So my next guess is it's the official title for Project Athia. And if that's the case, we may be seeing more of it soon (like in a State of Play) considering the trademarks were recent. Also, the domain for project-athia.com was last updated on the same day as the last update for the domains forspoken.com, forspokengame.com, and forspoken-game.com (which was October 21), and all are registered by CSC Corporate Domains.

3. Pre-orders for Resident Evil Village are supposed to start in January, according to the Capcom data leaks. All major Resident Evil Village news so far has come from Sony's PS5 events, meaning we may get our next big update in a State of Play again right before pre-orders open.

On an unrelated note, five years ago (Friday, January 8, 2016), Square Enix announced its Dragon Quest 30th Anniversary Project Presentation, which was held the following week, so hopefully we'll hear something from Square Enix about Dragon Quest's 35th anniversary plans soon.

In any event, I'm just guessing and don't actually have any knowledge of when the next State of Play will occur, so don't get upset if it doesn't happen.

I didn't know about the pre-orders of Village starting this week. I'll just use the Cyberpunk's refund lol

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.

Based on:

The KOF XV reveal fiasco deffo does feel like sony maybe came last minute and said "hey why not drop your reveal trailer in an event of ours next week?"and SNK where forced to think fast.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The KOF XV reveal fiasco deffo does feel like sony maybe came last minute and said "hey why not drop your reveal trailer in an event of ours next week?"and SNK where forced to think fast.

Yeah, it seemed weird of them to set a reveal date a month in advance to show a 50-second trailer. That one-day delay may have been to swap out the longer trailer with a shorter teaser trailer instead.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Based on:

Most likely we're getting one very soon since we didn't get a December SOP for Q1 2021. The next SOP will be tricky since we don't know if Sony will be doing E3 or anything about E3. Will Sony wait for E3 or do a pre-E3 SOP around April/May.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Just finished playing Iron Man and I gotta say that I was surprisingly impressed with the game.
Im not a MCU or Iron Man fan, played the demo and thought it was cool so I was waiting for a good deal to jump in and I really enjoyed my time with it. I'm also surprised because I usually not into the idea of Sony funding licensed titles ( even tho I enjoyed my time with Spider Man I really hope Insomniac does another thing after Spider 2 and I hope no other studio gets a license for another Marvel game ) but Iron Man on VR is definitely something that I would like to see Camouflaj work for PSVR2.
With a bigger budget and new hardware a sequel could really be great !
For anyone with a PSVR that enjoyed the demo but hasn't bought the game so far I really recommend it for US20 , the price that it's right now with the Holiday Sales.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
With the potiential of GG no longer making KZ and Sony never touching a FPS game ever again with their WWS.

I say Sony should buy/acquire Bungie if Bungie is willing.

What? iD software was bought, Bungie is fair game. 😂
Given how Bungie were shitting on SIE because of the Destiny deals, I doubt they would approve a M&A from them. Food for thoughts.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished playing Iron Man and I gotta say that I was surprisingly impressed with the game.
Im not a MCU or Iron Man fan, played the demo and thought it was cool so I was waiting for a good deal to jump in and I really enjoyed my time with it. I'm also surprised because I usually not into the idea of Sony funding licensed titles ( even tho I enjoyed my time with Spider Man I really hope Insomniac does another thing after Spider 2 and I hope no other studio gets a license for another Marvel game ) but Iron Man on VR is definitely something that I would like to see Camouflaj work for PSVR2.
With a bigger budget and new hardware a sequel could really be great !
For anyone with a PSVR that enjoyed the demo but hasn't bought the game so far I really recommend it for US20 , the price that it's right now with the Holiday Sales.
Hope it did well enough taht we get a sequel. It's Marvel's first big attempt in the VR space, so in general I wanted it to do well so we get more Marvel VR games.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
AstroBot is the most next gen experience i ever had
I played miles morales, immortals (quality mode looks good!) and everything...but the combo audio + visual + feeling in your hands is just next level

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
In January, according to the Capcom data leaks. I don't know if it's supposed to be this week or not.
Didnt those leaks state there will be a REVIII digital event this month like the one Monster Hunter Rise just got though?
Although I guess it is possible we will see something similar to may 2019 when we had a State of Play with an iceborne trailer and then Capcom held their own stream to showcase the expansion an hour later.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Didnt those leaks state there will be a REVIII digital event this month like the one Monster Hunter Rise just got though?
Although I guess it is possible we will see something similar to may 2019 when we had a State of Play with an iceborne trailer and then Capcom held their own stream to showcase the expansion an hour later.
Sorry for the off topic, but is there a reason for you to still keep using that avatar? lol
I'm a fan of Nic Cage too, so I understand, just not his best movie the one that you use for avatar lol

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sorry for the off topic, but is there a reason for you to still keep using that avatar? lol
I'm a fan of Nic Cage too, so I understand, just not his best movie the one that you use for avatar lol
I decided to keep it until i manage to get a PS5
Also laziness to changing it back

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Given how Bungie were shitting on SIE because of the Destiny deals, I doubt they would approve a M&A from them. Food for thoughts.
Were they?

News to me. Well business is business, we had Valve shit on PS3 era Sony yet a few years later in said PS3 era go up on stage for one of Sony's E3s.

Still I doubt even if they were in best relations Sony and Bungie will ever become a thing. I was just doing some food for thought.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Were they?

News to me. Well business is business, we had Valve shit on PS3 era Sony yet a few years later in said PS3 era go up on stage for one of Sony's E3s.

Still I doubt even if they were in best relations Sony and Bungie will ever become a thing. I was just doing some food for thought.
I think they just said it was Activision doing those deals not them, but Bungie and Activision's relationship was in the toilet by then. Funnily instead of everyone getting another Strike or MP map or weapon or whatever other shit would be PS exclusive with new content, Bungie just don't do any nowadays.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I think they just said it was Activision doing those deals not them, but Bungie and Activision's relationship was in the toilet by then. Funnily instead of everyone getting another Strike or MP map or weapon or whatever other shit would be PS exclusive with new content, Bungie just don't do any nowadays.
Yeah I wonder how Bungie is going to handle things with their next I.P.

Probably not as rushed and sprinkled through out like how it was under Acti.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
They got a huge investement of $100 million from Netease and sold a minority stake to them.

www.theverge.com

Bungie gets $100 million investment from Chinese gaming company NetEase

Expanding beyond Destiny to ‘build new worlds’

With the amount of people Bungie got 100 million might not even last them for there next game.
Of course if destiny doing good they have nothing to worry but i don't think we have any idea how much cash that making .

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
So is that leaked marketing plan for resident evil 8 correct and we might be seeing a event soon?? Because I am thirsty for that sweet sweet horizon gameplay 😬😬

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
With the amount of people Bungie got 100 million might not even last them for there next game.
Of course if destiny doing good they have nothing to worry but i don't think we have any idea how much cash that making .
didnt they already use all that money to pay activision to end the contract and let them take the destiny ip? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.