• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
All these 2021 exclusives and you guys are still concerned.
e34.jpg

/s
2096, I'm telling you Sony has nothing in 2096. A mod can ban my grandsons account if I'm wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like there are that many major independent Japanese studios left to make games for Sony anymore. And even if there were, they don't seem to care enough to bother. That's the bummer - the industry is changing pretty rapidly, and Sony has been kinda going "we're good" for a while now.

It's gonna be so hard (for me, at least) to find anything to get excited about on PS moving forward if they continue this trend toward becoming an exclusively Western publisher.

Unless Naughty Dog makes a WRPG, I guess.

Yeah, but do you really need to post this multiple times a day? It's a broken record at this point.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Heyyyy! A new thread is as good as any. :P

I've decided to leave not only the Playstation OT, but I'm going to be more-or-less absent from ERA altogether. While I was waiting for the PS5, bundled with the pandemic, I was posting like crazy. I started my own website to write about games and started various social media accounts. When PS5 launched, I realized just how excited and happy about the games I was. At the same time, I realized how much things like Twitter, my website, and even ERA, sucked the joy out of gaming. I quickly realized that the happiness I feel always got destroyed by the endless amount of posts about how bad everything is - not only regarding Playstation... It's every corner of the industry. :P

The thing is, it's no one's fault. I just get... Not depressed, but you know - sad? by that fact, which is why I've stayed away from the internet pretty much altogether. :) I'm even playing through the Endgame of Avengers, and actually LOVING it. In 30 hours I'm almost at Power Level 150 with Ms. Marvel!!!!

However, I'd like to say some things to certain people:

N0body - My Swedish buddy, my best ERA-friend. Thank you for our like 10000 messages in DMs on ERA, thank you for helping me conquer Demon's Souls to the point I got the platinum, thanks for everything! I hope we can talk in various places anyway (I'll still have this account active and write from time to time, just not actively) - THANK YOU!!!!

Queen Vulpix - You're one of the kindest human beings I've ever encountered. THANK YOU for the Christmas card and sticker, I really hope that you got my card too!!!! (If not, send me a DM and I'll at least send you pictures of how it looked), remember that you're an amazing human being, and as we talked about, both you and I doesn't have to say sorry for small trivial things :) thank you for all the support and friendship you've shown!

KatharsisT - Thank you for supporting me and backing me up on various things. Also, thank you for sharing certain industry secrets at points. I get messages on Twitter pretty frequently and see people on ERA post stuff about how "bad" I, and the Bluepoint rumor is - and A. I don't blame them, and B. I have no clue how you still do what you do because I see you getting it 10x more :P Again, thank you so much. And the secrets you've sent to me are safe with me!!! Hopefully, we can still stay in touch and have a party when our respective things happen in 2021 :)

Angie22 - Yo Angie! We haven't interacted a whole lot on the forum, but I've always loved how you interact with everyone and the insight you share. Also, your roasts of Knight are amazing (sorry Knight lol), hopefully, we can somehow interact more in the future!

Knight - Thank you so much for supporting me every step of the way, with everything I do. You're also a very supportive human being, and I really appreciate that. Also, your art is amazing! Can't wait to follow your progress in the future :)

SoulsHunt - My FROM hype-guy! Sorry for letting you down at TGA, I honestly let myself down and learned a lesson :) Hopefully, you'll both see and get Elden Ring VERY soon, and that you'll be excited by it :) Thanks for the various DMs also!!!

Bundy you're the coolest person on ERA; I'm sure of it. I pretty much always enjoy your takes, and think you're one of the best voices on the forum most of the time! Thanks for letting me take part in your insight :) I always love your takes on acquisitions!

PlanetSmasher I have never interacted with you I believe, but I just wanted to say the opposite to you that I did to Bundy, your insight is great but I don't think I have agreed with you on a single thing you've ever said LOL. I don't mean that in a bad way, I love what you say regarding the gaming industry. I believe it was the "How many 10/10 in 2020 did you play", and I thought "damn, 3 maybe? What a year" and then read you say something like "Not a single one, 2020 was a horrible year for gaming" or something like that. Laughed a solid 10 minutes

JuanLatino thanks for making 17 amazing OTs, I've enjoyed them all. Great work and keep doing what you do :)

I'm sure I've missed like 10 people, I will send DMs to some people throughout the upcoming week, for example, I've grown friends with someone over at the Animal Crossing OT that I also appreciate. Sorry if I forgot someone, I didn't mean to!
I'm subsequently "killing" my Twitter and Website. Or, more accurately, they'll still be there, but I'm going to stop post on them. :)

Remember: Games are supposed to be a hobby, and at the end of the day Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, are multi-billion companies that have their own, various strategies. We perhaps don't have to be absolutely in panic mode if Sony doesn't acquire a development team, or if a game has "bad" reviews, etc. As I said, I'm loving Avengers, and I have barely seen someone said a positive thing about it on ERA lol. Remember to not only focus on the bad parts of the industry, which is not to say that criticism is ALWAYS good, and valid. But... Remember that positivity is equally as important!

My final request for ERA, whatever you may feel about me: Remember that a Playstation Crossover game is all we need in life.

With that said, I beg you a final farewell. At least for now! Have a good one Playstation OT, it's been good knowing you :)
Sad to see you go, but I understand why.
Also we still interact on Twitter so we will still talk.

Also I think you are the first person to ever mention my insight lol
Usually people only remember me for one thing only, so is awesome to see that is not always the case. Thank you

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Looking back it's odd how many times the big three let a prime acquisition pass them by. Who would have thought From would get purchased by a company known for manga/anime, or when Atlus(one of the few reliable big JRPG devs left) went up for sale and Sega snatched them.
Atlus is the exception not the rule. Their parent company Index corporation were caught in an investigation for fraud and filed for bankruptcy. Sega Sammy snatched Index to sell some of its businesses (including its gaming branches like Atlus) to Sega Corp.

Basically, Good Guy Sega saved Atlus' future from crook step-dad Index Corporation.
Yeah, I find it easier to refer to No Heroes Allowed by calling it the name of the protagonist, which is Badman.
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

I've decided to leave not only the Playstation OT, but I'm going to be more-or-less absent from ERA altogether. While I was waiting for the PS5, bundled with the pandemic, I was posting like crazy. I started my own website to write about games and started various social media accounts. When PS5 launched, I realized just how excited and happy about the games I was. At the same time, I realized how much things like Twitter, my website, and even ERA, sucked the joy out of gaming. I quickly realized that the happiness I feel always got destroyed by the endless amount of posts about how bad everything is - not only regarding Playstation... It's every corner of the industry. :P

The thing is, it's no one's fault. I just get... Not depressed, but you know - sad? by that fact, which is why I've stayed away from the internet pretty much altogether. :) I'm even playing through the Endgame of Avengers, and actually LOVING it. In 30 hours I'm almost at Power Level 150 with Ms. Marvel!!!!

N0body - My Swedish buddy, my best ERA-friend. Thank you for our like 10000 messages in DMs on ERA, thank you for helping me conquer Demon's Souls to the point I got the platinum, thanks for everything! I hope we can talk in various places anyway (I'll still have this account active and write from time to time, just not actively) - THANK YOU!!!!

Queen Vulpix - You're one of the kindest human beings I've ever encountered. THANK YOU for the Christmas card and sticker, I really hope that you got my card too!!!! (If not, send me a DM and I'll at least send you pictures of how it looked), remember that you're an amazing human being, and as we talked about, both you and I doesn't have to say sorry for small trivial things :) thank you for all the support and friendship you've shown!

KatharsisT - Thank you for supporting me and backing me up on various things. Also, thank you for sharing certain industry secrets at points. I get messages on Twitter pretty frequently and see people on ERA post stuff about how "bad" I, and the Bluepoint rumor is - and A. I don't blame them, and B. I have no clue how you still do what you do because I see you getting it 10x more :P Again, thank you so much. And the secrets you've sent to me are safe with me!!! Hopefully, we can still stay in touch and have a party when our respective things happen in 2021 :)

Angie22 - Yo Angie! We haven't interacted a whole lot on the forum, but I've always loved how you interact with everyone and the insight you share. Also, your roasts of Knight are amazing (sorry Knight lol), hopefully, we can somehow interact more in the future!

Knight - Thank you so much for supporting me every step of the way, with everything I do. You're also a very supportive human being, and I really appreciate that. Also, your art is amazing! Can't wait to follow your progress in the future :)

SoulsHunt - My FROM hype-guy! Sorry for letting you down at TGA, I honestly let myself down and learned a lesson :) Hopefully, you'll both see and get Elden Ring VERY soon, and that you'll be excited by it :) Thanks for the various DMs also!!!

Bundy you're the coolest person on ERA; I'm sure of it. I pretty much always enjoy your takes, and think you're one of the best voices on the forum most of the time! Thanks for letting me take part in your insight :) I always love your takes on acquisitions!

PlanetSmasher I have never interacted with you I believe, but I just wanted to say the opposite to you that I did to Bundy, your insight is great but I don't think I have agreed with you on a single thing you've ever said LOL. I don't mean that in a bad way, I love what you say regarding the gaming industry. I believe it was the "How many 10/10 in 2020 did you play", and I thought "damn, 3 maybe? What a year" and then read you say something like "Not a single one, 2020 was a horrible year for gaming" or something like that. Laughed a solid 10 minutes

JuanLatino thanks for making 17 amazing OTs, I've enjoyed them all. Great work and keep doing what you do :)

I'm sure I've missed like 10 people, I will send DMs to some people throughout the upcoming week, for example, I've grown friends with someone over at the Animal Crossing OT that I also appreciate. Sorry if I forgot someone, I didn't mean to!
I'm subsequently "killing" my Twitter and Website. Or, more accurately, they'll still be there, but I'm going to stop post on them. :)

Remember: Games are supposed to be a hobby, and at the end of the day Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, are multi-billion companies that have their own, various strategies. We perhaps don't have to be absolutely in panic mode if Sony doesn't acquire a development team, or if a game has "bad" reviews, etc. As I said, I'm loving Avengers, and I have barely seen someone said a positive thing about it on ERA lol. Remember to not only focus on the bad parts of the industry, which is not to say that criticism is ALWAYS good, and valid. But... Remember that positivity is equally as important!

My final request for ERA, whatever you may feel about me: Remember that a Playstation Crossover game is all we need in life.

With that said, I beg you a final farewell. At least for now! Have a good one Playstation OT, it's been good knowing you :)

Farewell, my friend.

I still hope we see you here from time to time.

Take care of yourself.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Yup. Who would say no to more content? Had they been more proactive with Ready at Dawn(who more than proved themselves with GOW PSP) and Sanzaru, they would have had a reliable sister studio for Santa Monica and a dedicated Sly Cooper Studio :(
Yeah. Can't help but feel Sony fumbled most of their interesting partnerships for us dedicated fans.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Haven't been on ERA that much lately and when I come back it's acquisition talks again and Marsipan is leaving...ehh

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I think part of the reason for the largely negative ambience in the thread is because many people here are fans of japanese Games and would like to see Sony go all in on that, but all the reports and key people leaving studios took wind out of the sails in that regard. Sony is gonna have an exciting 2021 but i don't feel Japan Studios is gonna have one.
Yeah the fact Japan studio hasn't been doing shit in regards to their bigger teams since gravity rush 2 sucks. We are heading to a single game generation for them.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Lucid is hiring for a brand new AAA title.

Possibly another partnership with Sony?

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy

Nooo Marsipan ç_ç

Thank you so much for mentioning me (ok, maybe not so much for the Angie22 roasting me part xD), I'm glad I have made a good impression on you. I always appreciated your positive approach to gaming 'cause I also tend to do the same. It's a rare thing nowadays to find someone that just shows his appreciation without focusing too much on the negatives! I hope you'll come back to Era sooner or later even if we'll still interact on twitter of course :) And I'm still hoping for All-Stars 2! :D

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool

<3

Oct 31, 2017

So you really got the mods good by saying if Sony doesn't buy Bluepoint you'll be banned forever because now you're safe. :-X

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What are the odds of Sony revealing their external storage for PS5 at CES?

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017

Farewell, man! Hope the time away will do you good :)

We'll keep the dream alive for a new PS All Stars lol

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Stuck it out with Miles on PS5. One hard crash, one bugged out side mission/progression block, one missing QTE/progression block, and one near-hard lock where the game went unresponsive and chugged to single-digit framerates. (UI was still responsive so I was able to close/reopen) Yeah, the game has problems. But it's decent. Got better as it went on. Becomes a simple but fun character action game as you unlock more abilities. And surprisingly, I really started to enjoy the stealth after a while too.

I ended up doing a NG+ run and it's a bit disappointing that there wasn't any new content or at least a cutscene or something. This isn't a long game and it seemed primed for it. Also, what's up with being able to skip some cutscenes but not others without much rhyme or reason behind it? Ah well I enjoyed switching up the second playthrough a bit and stealthing a bunch of sections/styling on enemies.

Moving on to Sackboy next.

Oct 25, 2017

Sad to see you leave as I always liked your positivity in these threads. But Era is just a forum, so if the general discussion is not something you enjoy, it's best to find something else. Definitely been thinking about the same thing for the past months with all these acquisition talks and general concern-filled discussion.

Oct 31, 2017
Stuck it out with Miles on PS5. One hard crash, one bugged out side mission/progression block, one missing QTE/progression block, and one near-hard lock where the game went unresponsive and chugged to single-digit framerates. (UI was still responsive so I was able to close/reopen) Yeah, the game has problems. But it's decent. Got better as it went on. Becomes a simple but fun character action game as you unlock more abilities. And surprisingly, I really started to enjoy the stealth after a while too.

I ended up doing a NG+ run and it's a bit disappointing that there wasn't any new content or at least a cutscene or something. This isn't a long game and it seemed primed for it. Also, what's up with being able to skip some cutscenes but not others without much rhyme or reason behind it? Ah well I enjoyed switching up the second playthrough a bit and stealthing a bunch of sections/styling on enemies.

Moving on to Sackboy next.

I'm surprised to hear you encountered problems; it's run smooth like butter for me.

The one disappointment for me is that Spider-Cat can't be used until after you beat the story. =P

LaDiiablo

Feb 20, 2020
Seems like JP peeps got their hands on the new PSNow games for this month:
- Bioshock Remastered (permanent)
- Bioshock 2 Remastered (permanent)
- Bioshock Infinite: The Complete Edition (permanent)
- Frostpunk (permanent)
- Surviving Mars (permanent)
- The Crew 2 (6 months)

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

tenor.gif

Once they announce PSASBR 2

Deleted member 62769

Jan 6, 2020

Take care Marsipan!
I really enjoyed playing Demon's Souls with you ^^
I will of course keep writing to you friend! :)

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
- Frostpunk (permanent)
- The Crew 2 (6 months)

I will surely try out Frostpunk and Surviving Mars at some point.
Was eyeing them for a while.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
- Frostpunk (permanent)
- The Crew 2 (6 months)

I was going to buy both Frostpunk and Surviving Mars couple months back. Only reason I didn't pull the trigger was that I got into Genshin Impact. This is great news for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Then I'll be leaving this thread again if it turns into that. But it shouldn't be shocking Nintendo bought a company they've been working with for years.
I expect childish comments every time someone other than Sony makes an acquisition. Been like that for months already.

It's fun to actually discuss Sony's future plans with a proper view about the industry and Sony's position in it with their first-party games output, but lately it's been nothing but repeated and tired concern trolling and suggesting the same companies over and over Sony should buy. I think everyone got the message already lol

Oct 31, 2017
I expect childish comments every time someone other than Sony makes an acquisition. Been like that for months already.

It's fun to actually discuss Sony's future plans with a proper view about the industry and Sony's position in it with their first-party games output, but lately it's been nothing but repeated and tired concern trolling and suggesting the same companies over and over Sony should buy. I think everyone got the message already lol

*Company B buys dev*
Person: Sony should buy Bluepoint/Kojima/Insomniac/Level 5/Housemarque/tiddly dee/tiddly daa
*Sony buys Insomniac*
Person: Sony is fucked unless they buy Bluepoint/Kojima/Level 5/Housemarque/tiddly dee/tiddly daa

Amazingly, Nintendo has fewer first party studios under its belt and is doing just fine, but PANIC WHY HASN'T THE ACQUISITION HAPPENED AS OF JAN 5?! SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN LONGER THAN DEC 2!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
*Company B buys dev*
Person: Sony should buy Bluepoint/Kojima/Insomniac/Level 5/Housemarque/tiddly dee/tiddly daa
*Sony buys Insomniac*
Persona: Sony is fucked unless they buy Bluepoint/Kojima/Level 5/Housemarque/tiddly dee/tiddly daa

Amazingly, Nintendo has fewer first party studios under its belt and is doing just fine, but PANIC WHY HASN'T THE ACQUISITION HAPPENED AS OF JAN 5?! SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN LONGER THAN DEC 2!
Pretty much

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nintendo acquired a dev that only makes games on Nintendo systems, clearly this means Sony needs to move their ass to buy companies.

I mean really? What is with the PlayStation OT's being obsessed with acquisitions.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo acquired a dev that only makes games on Nintendo systems, clearly this means Sony needs to move their ass to buy companies.

I mean really? What is with the PlayStation OT's being obsessed with acquisitions.

Yeah, in this particular case, Playstation owners didn't lose access to anything. The game doesn't change much for anyone, really - Nintendo keeps getting games from a studio that only makes games for them anyway, and nobody else lost anything.

At least in the case of the Bethesda thing it was the culmination of a strategy where Microsoft effectively bought out the entire WRPG genre in one fell swoop - this one feels comparatively irrelevant and shouldn't exactly provoke panic from anyone.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
guys, I don't know where this come form, but we got full version of Ashley Johnson cover of True Faith, the song in TLoU2 cg advert

ok apparently it's from The Last of Us Part II: Covers and Rarities soundtrack that's released in some countries. really like this Ashley cover. hit differently from Lotte Kestner version

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Wait... is there any smoke around this 'January Sony Event/State of Play'? I've seen it mentioned a few times.
More 'INSIDERZZZ' shenanigans? Gotten my fill of that junk in the last 10 months or so.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing more Returnal... whenever that will be.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Always do what you wanna do and what makes you happy. Don't forget that 🤗
And I totally get that. Doing too much (social media accounts, website, forums etc.) can be exhausting. I hope I can still see you on Twitter. And I hope you will get something similar like another PSASBR in the future 😊

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Wait... is there any smoke around this 'January Sony Event/State of Play'? I've seen it mentioned a few times.
More 'INSIDERZZZ' shenanigans? Gotten my fill of that junk in the last 10 months or so.

Regardless, looking forward to seeing more Returnal... whenever that will be.

It's not coming from insiders.

Just speculation since Sony still has to show a lot of stuff for the games coming out rather soon.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe we are already 5 days into 2021 and Sony hasn't given us a new SOP.

I'm selling my PS5 that I don't have, fuck this.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Just hopeful speculation as far as I'm aware.
It's not coming from insiders.

Just speculation since Sony still has to show a lot of stuff for the games coming out rather soon.

Makes sense.
Sony has a stacked 2021, so SoPs spread out every few months this year would be a great way to showcase these games. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I think they've done a pretty good job with SoPs in general since starting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.