• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently we are ok o/ God of War total sales are crazy, but not impossible looking at how much players God of War and even God of War III Remastered have on gamstat, honestly.

GOW numbers just show what a jump one big game can do for a IP .
GOW 2018 really made the IP join the big boys in terms of sales .
If we go by series sales for Sony IP it would most likely be GT, UC , and then GOW .

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a happy medium between cultured open world content, filler open world content, and story missions. I think games like Horizon Zero Dawn, and Ghost of Tsushima ride that line rather well. I never felt like either overstayed their welcome, but I also think the pure joy of its gameplay systems offset the usual tedium you can get from an open world game. Combat in particular, was highly enjoyable for both, and the environments were gorgeous, and I loved just wandering and exploring, looking at the gorgeous art design.
Yeah, GoT and Horizon are two of the only open world games I've plat'ed and that's half because its fairly easy to find everything, and half because I loved the game worlds and exploring them (GoT especially, I explored every inch of that game for the heck of it).

Best "open world" series for me though is Yakuza, even if the content is recycled from game to game in places I just never get bored of the mini games and same locations from game to game, then again its also not a gigantic game in terms of land mass size so that certainly helps.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm unsure if they got those numbers from the source, but this NY Times story says God of War franchise sold more than 51 million units and that Ghost of Tsushima sold more than 5 million. The latter is a solid guess anyway considering the legs (did anyone posted the October PS Store charts ?) and the 5,7M estimated players here.

As for God of War, we knew the series sold 21,6 million back in June 2012, so that's quite a jump with only God of War Ascension, God of War III Remastered and Boy of War being released since. I guess God of War is definitly in the top 3 of the best selling PS franchise with Gran Turismo and Uncharted ?
God of War (2018) should be around 15 million by now. Add that to the 21.6 million and another 8 years of sales and 50+ million makes sense :P

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
God of War (2018) should be around 15 million by now. Add that to the 21.6 million and another 8 years of sales and 50+ million makes sense :P
It doesn't really make any sense. How many sales do we really expect on PS3 + PS 2 in the last 8 years? You have an additional 15 M copies unexplained and the only extra game on PS4 is the remaster, which would have sold certainly less than 5M or thereabouts.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Happy Launchday to everyone who will get their PS5 today or in the coming days.

I hope I'll get mine next week.

But there is already some good news for me, starting Monday I will finally have decent internet again, so downloading games on the PS5 shouldn't take that long.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
I don't know if anyone here is as invested on GT as I am, but here you can find the first impressions regarding how it runs on PS5: perfectly, as expected.

Here's a summary:

Everything in-game functions is as if on the PS4.
The PS4 Pro 'quality' or 'performance' option in the GTS menus is obviously not available.
The console itself has similar options in the general settings, but nothing specific to GTS that I found either on the console or in-game GTS.
I'm not the right person to make calls regarding graphics or frame rate improvements, so I'll leave that up to others.
I've simply set the console to 'performance'.

Haptics and resistive triggers aren't working on the game, it seems. But there is an update scheduled to go live tomorrow, so there is hope, me thinks.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't really make any sense. How many sales do we really expect on PS3 + PS 2 in the last 8 years? You have an additional 15 M copies unexplained and the only extra game on PS4 is the remaster, which would have sold certainly less than 5M or thereabouts.
God of War Ascension released in 2013. A new AAA game, the PS4 remaster of God of War 3, the remasters of the PS2 games, the PSVITA collection, etc.
It makes absolutely sense.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
They showed PSNow on the Playstation Access Stream about 10 minutes ago.
Its built into the system like everything else but I didnt see anything out of the norm
There is no surprise. PSNow stuff has been shown several times and they even said it's not a focus for them at the moment. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Damn, these God of War and Ghost of Tsushima's numbers. PS Studios have done wonders for Sony.

There is no surprise. PSNow stuff has been shown several times and they even said it's not a focus for them at the moment. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
Seems the surprise is for countries where PS Now isn't available yet. And maybe the possibility to buy PS3 games on that service.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

It seems that ZhugeEx mentioned that Days Gone sold more than 5M copies. It was predictable but Sony never gave a number.

Gamstats have Days Gone at almost 9M. The game was never on PS Plus or PS Now right?

edit: It's on PS Now. Forget it then. Still...over 5M could be a reality for sure.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so hyped to be able to play GT7 without caring about having a wheel or not anymore.

yeah i think its gonna be a revelation. Even on xbox with standard rumble and rumble triggers, it makes a world of difference from playing racing games on 360/ps3. Cant wait to see how gt 7 will feel with the dual senses haptics

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember that slide that had PS Now about Next Generation. Still waiting on that.
About Days Gone and PS Now numbers, wasn't PS Now at 3ish million?

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Loving the charging station, closest I got to PS5 atm
50593466637_36df87cbf4_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.