• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like my PS5 is coming tomorrow (or later today) now! I thought I'd have to wait for Friday or Saturday at the latest, but it doesn't seem like it.

Also, happy PS5 launch day PlayStation fam!

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Happy PS5 day!! Here's to an amazing launch!

I also wanted to say I definitely feel like the best is yet to come! When we see the next God of War I think our socks are gonna be blown off

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Please tell me endless install times are over.
Enjoy guys, 1 more week for us poor Europeans.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's already 12:40am here, I so need to go to bed. Why am I still awake?! The last thing I need is to oversleep and miss my delivery XD

This has been such an interesting experience. I remember the wait for the PS3 and PS4 feeling so painfully long, and those systems didn't even have close to the lineup of titles as the PS5, but thanks to Sony's smart move to hold off announcing things until 5 or so months before launch, then dole out information drip feed style really did make this wait much more bearable. I honestly prefer the closer to release reveals of games and consoles, and hope they keep this trend up.

I don't need a 24 hour news cycle to keep me interested or excited, so their strategy worked on me lol

Mokubba

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! To be honest I wasn't even looking at getting a PS5 until sometime next year, just don't have the money to be dropping £600 on a PS5 with a couple games, plus the earliest I've ever brought a console was the PS4 and that was like a year and a half after release XD, so yeah, a PS5 + 10 launch games to go with it was a pretty cool surprise. :D

Thoroughly deserved my dude.
Keep up the good work.

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
Happy PS5 day to our US friends!!

And to my EU fellows: Keep calm & enjoy streams & videos & comparisons, order yourself a DualSense & go to sleep with it (like I did). We are getting our time to celebrate next week <3

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
Happy Launch Day from a sad Euro!
giphy.gif

(but I'm really happy for you guys who get it today!💞)

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Thanks! To be honest I wasn't even looking at getting a PS5 until sometime next year, just don't have the money to be dropping £600 on a PS5 with a couple games, plus the earliest I've ever brought a console was the PS4 and that was like a year and a half after release XD, so yeah, a PS5 + 10 launch games to go with it was a pretty cool surprise. :D
Congrats! You getting a PS5 on time is a must.. Now I'll be looking forward to those Demon's gifs 🧐

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
Happy PS5 launch day for them tier 1 peoples, tier 2 here going to be staring at my headset and copies of Miles and Demon's Soul.
FeelsBadMan

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Already killing it with that Miles gif, dude. So good!

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved, mate. Your gifs are exceptional. Keep up the good work.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Happy launch day to all the people who are getting their PS5s today! Hopefully there are no issues for any of you and that you enjoy the launch. Looking forward to reading and hearing about all of the impressions over the next week.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I'm unsure if they got those numbers from the source, but this NY Times story says God of War franchise sold more than 51 million units and that Ghost of Tsushima sold more than 5 million. The latter is a solid guess anyway considering the legs (did anyone posted the October PS Store charts ?) and the 5,7M estimated players here.

As for God of War, we knew the series sold 21,6 million back in June 2012, so that's quite a jump with only God of War Ascension, God of War III Remastered and Boy of War being released since. I guess God of War is definitly in the top 3 of the best selling PS franchise with Gran Turismo and Uncharted ?
Yeah interesting numbers, too bad they didn't specify who is the source

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
Happy launch day. It is really sad that i am an european and need to wait another week.

I tested positive for COVID-19 and in the next 10 days will stay at home with no PS5. After i sold my PS4 Pro, everything i have is Sekiro on my Laptop.... with an easy mod :D :D :D

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Postman just brought package with games, so all I can do now is to pray to all possible deities for console being delivered on 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.