• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I'm unsure if they got those numbers from the source, but this NY Times story says God of War franchise sold more than 51 million units and that Ghost of Tsushima sold more than 5 million. The latter is a solid guess anyway considering the legs (did anyone posted the October PS Store charts ?) and the 5,7M estimated players here.

The race to 10 million is on.

I predict GoT will get there before TLoU II.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
BluePoint needs to get stronger before they make their own I.P.

And the next step from a Remake is a Reboot Remake. Re-imagining an old game that was top down and turn based into a fully third person game. A third person JRPG I may even say...

It is time for LEGEND OF DRAGOON 👀

They don't have to get bigger \stronger just hired some key people .
They already bigger than what bend was when they started on Days gone

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Fuck yeah! I just received my shipping confirmation!

For the DualSense that is. The little joys of an European.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Sony going to acquire Sumo before BP and Housemarque to make Sackboy 2 and Sunset Overdrive 2. Believe.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I am talking about experience.

New I.P or try to revolutionize an old JRPG from the ground up to your liking?

It is the middle stage before making your own game.

They have already done a bunch of games so they set art , tech and engine wise .
Starting a new IP is always hard even if you done it before but you got to start some time.
High some key people where need like what GG did for HZD for eg .
Not saying they have start of some huge AAA game but maybe a smaller IP on there own .

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
They have already done a bunch of games so they set art , tech and engine wise .
Starting a new IP is always hard even if you done it before but you got to start some time.
High some key people where need like what GG did for HZD for eg .
Not saying they have start of some huge AAA game but maybe a smaller IP on there own .
I am not against them going and doing a new I.P

I am just trying to sell the idea of remaking or rather rebooting (with some story changes, etc...) the LEGEND of DRAGOON.

if they want to do something else or make a new I.P too? Then it is fine with me lol.

But being as biased as I am I am just saying said reboot/remake of LoD would be a natural step in their evolutionary process, and they seemed interested with that tweet that forever is tossed around in these discussions.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I am not against them going and doing a new I.P

I am just trying to sell the idea of remaking or rather rebooting (with some story changes, etc...) the LEGEND of DRAGOON.

if they want to do something else or make a new I.P too? Then it is fine with me lol.

But being as biased as I am I am just saying said reboot/remake of LoD would be a natural step in their evolutionary process, and they seemed interested with that tweet that forever is tossed around in these discussions.

I don't think Sony would ever green light a LOD remake even if BP wanted to lol .
That is much bigger undertaking than DS remake both people and budget wise with out sales growth from the IP .
I all for it but the truth hurts so new IP lol.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Just opened up my second dualsense. Its perfect. Sony nailed this controller can't wait to try tomorrow

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Well, sweet, Best Buy just updated my order again that it's shipped, and will be arriving tomorrow after all! Huzzah!

Looks like I won't break down and play Miles on the PS4 tonight! XD

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

interesting observations on Sony acquisitions. Kind of aligns with "organic" growth. I don't think Sony will be buying big studios but smaller ones they can grow.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
SunhiLegend congrats on the PS5 and cant wait to see all you dope vids!
Thanks! To be honest I wasn't even looking at getting a PS5 until sometime next year, just don't have the money to be dropping £600 on a PS5 with a couple games, plus the earliest I've ever brought a console was the PS4 and that was like a year and a half after release XD, so yeah, a PS5 + 10 launch games to go with it was a pretty cool surprise. :D

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Thanks! To be honest I wasn't even looking at getting a PS5 until sometime next year, just don't have the money to be dropping £600 on a PS5 with a couple games, plus the earliest I've ever brought a console was the PS4 and that was like a year and a half after release XD, so yeah, a PS5 + 10 launch games to go with it was a pretty cool surprise. :D
That's so sick. Justifies all the cool stuff you've been doing. Wow 10 games too?! That is magical. i cant even imagine what you are cooking up lol.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017

interesting observations on Sony acquisitions. Kind of aligns with "organic" growth. I don't think Sony will be buying big studios but smaller ones they can grow.

Hard to imagine any serious analyst coming to any other conclusion. Sony's global advantages + their momentum from PS4 are going to be a dominant combo to start this gen.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Yah, we had already said something like this, that is why it was very surprising when we saw the news about that publisher buyout.

I think a publisher very possible but that would be a last resort thing for them more than just wanting to buy one or they get a good deal .
But other wise yeah they going to stick to what works for them .

Jan 20, 2019
I think a publisher very possible but that would be a last resort thing for them more than just wanting to buy one or they get a good deal .
But other wise yeah they going to stick to what works for them .

I think they saw the oportunity of entering the online MP and decided to jump on it, unfortanely for them, they got outbid.

I also see that a lot of their studios a starting to integrat MP in to their single players games, maybe that is there next phase of organic growth.

Jun 23, 2019

See, I believe this, but I also think Sony is going to buy someone we didn't see coming. With MS looking in the background, organic growth is nice, but it's not going to help if MS starts buying up studios that used to call PlayStation home.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know if I like the pulse3D Headphones, I might go for that steel series. But wanna see which one sounds better to me first.
I think they saw the oportunity of entering the online MP and decided to jump on it, unfortanely for them, they got outbid.

I also see that a lot of their studios a starting to integrat MP in to their single players games, maybe that is there next phase of organic growth.
I see how ghosts did, factions next yeah. Def looks like a way to drive even more sales.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Just calls this QTL Demon Souls
After spending a few hours with the remake this morning, I can confirm that playing Demon's Souls on PlayStation 5 is almost exactly like playing Demon's Souls on PlayStation 3. And that's a very good thing.
None of this should be surprising if you've played Demon's Souls before. Veterans will know these setpieces like the backs of their hands. Enemies still act just as they did in the PlayStation 3 classic; I was particularly happy about getting some early dregs to fall into a familiar hole much like players could in the original. Every item and corridor is where they belong, and therein lies the beauty of Bluepoint's remake: This is still very much Demon's Souls, its core glowing brightly beneath the several layers of paint that make it such a visual marvel.
And my god, what a marvel it is. It may be a bit silly to start handing out awards the day before the console launches, but Demon's Souls is the best-looking PlayStation 5 game I've seen. While a lot of that probably has to do with it being one of just two games wholly developed for the next-generation system so far (system pack-in Astro's Playroom being the other), the folks at Bluepoint have truly outdone themselves with this latest remake. Whether you set it to emphasize graphical fidelity or framerate, Demon's Souls bombards you with environments that feel full of life even as the game's world suffers from the cataclysmic invasion of its demonic antagonists.
Where Demon's Souls truly shines, however, is in the small gameplay improvements Bluepoint made on the 11-year-old original. While the amount of stuff a character can carry is limited to their stats, items and equipment can be sent to the hub area's storage at any time via an inventory menu, making it much easier to open up space for another healing item or a cool new sword. Blacksmiths can now repair your entire loadout, rather than doing so piece by piece. Weapons have unique riposte animations; while using the starting rapier, for instance, my character stabs enemies in the throat after a successful parry, while the scimitar gores the enemy and slams them into the ground. Multiple souls can be consumed at once on the inventory screen. I'm also hearing word that you can reset your stat allocations, though I believe that's tied behind a 25,000-soul offering that I haven't had the scratch to make yet.
kotaku.com

Demon's Souls On PS5 Has Still Got It

After spending a few hours with the remake this morning, I can confirm that playing Demon’s Souls on PlayStation 5 is almost exactly like playing Demon’s Souls on PlayStation 3. And that’s a very good thing.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Load time comparison was a bit underwhelming for yooka-laylee.

On my external hdd 1:12 from boot to being able to control my character.

1:09 from internal ssd

:/

Probably a bad game to test it on

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I think I am just going to go to bed. If it ships it ships, if it doesn't it doesn't. 🤷‍♂️
Load time comparison was a bit underwhelming for yooka-laylee.

On my external hdd 1:12 from boot to being able to control my character.

1:09 from internal ssd

:/

Probably a bad game to test it on
When I looked at Greg's stream basically all loading feats will be for games designed to take advantage of the PS5's SSD.

Miles, Demon's Souls. SackBoy, etc... basically have no loading times or 2-3 seconds.

BC on the other hand isn't optimized and just acts like a PS4 with an SSD attached is what I am guessing. Counts on the game.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually a little bit bummed Sackboy is scoring the way it is. I had hoped it would be confidently in the 80s. Not that it's going to affect MY enjoyment of the game, mine you; I think it's clear from the impressions that it's well worth playing. Rather, everyone knows that good metacritic scores are good for developers., both in morale and future support. 75 is at the very low end of where you would want a game to be as a developer/publisher. That being said, only five reviews. I'm still confident it can get to 80 by the time all the reviews are out.

Game really does look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.