• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Massive Super Mario 3D World energy from Sackboy I'm inclined to get this one next month since Cyberpunk is probably a no show on Decemberr

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I realise I fucked up and accidentally factory reset my PS5. The UI is confusing hahaha

Anyway, so far it's fast snappy and feels amazing. Dual sense feels great in my hands.

only thing is some games have a padlock on them in my library like The last of us 2. I have the disc for that. Would this be for the extras such as soundtrack and art etc that won't work?

Also the PS5 is big and I have to rearrange my set upnow as it doesn't fit my my Series X

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Ok I realise I fucked up and accidentally factory reset my PS5. The UI is confusing hahaha

Anyway, so far it's fast snappy and feels amazing. Dual sense feels great in my hands.

only thing is some games have a padlock on them in my library like The last of us 2. I have the disc for that. Would this be for the extras such as soundtrack and art etc that won't work?

Also the PS5 is big and I have to rearrange my set upnow as it doesn't fit my my Series X
all your disk based games will show up in the game library now. So it will be a lock until you pop your disk in

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Right I love it. Its has so much extra flavor to it. I love it lol. Just shows what a kid just starting out would be with powers all the way down to how he flies through the city

Sooooo much character in Mile's animations. It's pretty much what they did with Peter in the first game. He was a seasoned Spider-Man, and looked like it. Miles, even a year in, is still Noob-Man, and I love it. Not to mention that despite his awkward swinging, his fourishes are uniquely his own. So much personality comes through in how he launches himself up walls, his air tricks, his combat. Insomniac absolutely nailed expressing character through animations. The only other studio that I see that does it "better" is Naughty Dog, and that's subjective opinion on my part.

Ugh, I'm so, so tempted to play Miles on PS4 while I wait for my PS5 (doesn't look like Best Buy is shipping mine until tomorrow, so who knows when I'll be able to dive in). But I want to play SM: Remaster first!.

I love that The Pathless PS4 and Miles PS4 were automatically added to my list, even though I pre-ordered the PS5 version of each. It just makes the temptation to play them as soon as they unlock that much greater. It literally took less than an hour to download the 50gb Miles on my PS4 (I've never been so happy to upgrade my router; i was getting sub 45mbps on my old router, now it's like 220mbps).

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sunhi is not human. He is proof aliens exist on earth. Especially after that spiderman vid. It's not just even the tricks, but how the hell he controlling the camera like that too!!!!??

Lol! The camera movement is great too. Honestly, I do the same thing when I play lol. I sunk quite a few hours into SM (i'm curious to see what my total playtime is on the PS5), and eventually, you just get so comfortable and good at the swinging, that controlling the camera while you swing is easier than it seems! I spent a lot of time moving the camera in cinematic ways while I'd swing through the city. The trick is to find a nice area of the map that you're super familiar with (building layouts, street paths, etc), and then swing through those areas as stylishly as you can, while manipulating the camera with your thumb. It's a fun challenge, actually.

I should record vids sometime. I always forget to, because I'm so engrossed in playing XD

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
OK awesome!

the console is so nice though

can't wait to dig into demons souls once the kids go to school

Got that SackBoy and I believe Demon's Souls?
jb268vM.gif

SackBoy stays winning!

Kirudo

May 1, 2020
I was watching Sackboy videos and the ps4 version has some normal problems loading textures, on ps5 it looks much better, I think I am interested in buying the game

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
Got that SackBoy and I believe Demon's Souls?
jb268vM.gif

SackBoy stays winning!

I Got sackboy, demons souls, dirt 5 and assassins creed!!

I got Spider-Man Ultimate, The Pathless and Bugsnax digital. Also got MK 11 Ultimate Pre ordered digital.

can I say I have played around 30 minutes of sackboy and it's so good. It's charming, feels nice to control, music is amazing. Love it so much so far! Also the use of the triggers is good!

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Damn, Bluepoint made Demon's Souls with 90 people at peak. I wonder what they could do with an 200~250 people team.

C'mon Sony, put the ring and pour some money on these guys before it's too late.

NaudiRajah

Jun 8, 2018
Man I'm am pumped for Demons Souls, I made it through multiple times back when it came out. Was my first hard game ever lol played mage but I've since beat all soulsborne games with multiple classes. It really changed what games I liked and played from then on. Amazing! Also just got a tracking # for PS5 from Amazon!

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Damn, Bluepoint made Demon's Souls with 90 people at peak. I wonder what they could do with an 200~250 people team.

C'mon Sony, put the ring and pour some money on these guys before it's too late.
Yeah, and no out-sourcing from what I read. It's wild, they are such talented and like you I'm curious about what they would able to do with higher workforce and budget.

Next month for me, I can't wait.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I'll have Miles and Demon's Souls, and Bugsnax too, I'm still playing Astro first.

All of the good reviews and impressions for the little robot just cemented that for me, and I can't wait to discover all of the Easter eggs in the game.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Those air tricks are killing me, man.

Despite my disdain for Spider-Man 2 (I can't help it, I was QA on that project, and, I mean, it's really not a very good game), the air tricks were always fun to pull off. I liked the idea of Air tricks in Spidey PS4, but I always wished there were more. To see so much variety in air tricks in Miles has me giddy.

Swinging around the city is so damn satisfying, but I always try to make it look as smooth and stylish as possible. These air tricks are going to be so fun to do to mix up the swinging animations. Special shout out to the blending between air tricks and swinging. It's just so damn fluid and practically seamless. Bravo, Insomniac.

Ultimate Spiderman was a better game than 2 anyway.

Godfail

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I will be honest.
If Sony lets Bluepoint slip through their fingers (meaning, they get bought by someone else, staying independent out of choice is fine obivously) that will definitely start making me question their strategy and priorities.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
I will be honest.
If Sony lets Bluepoint slip through their fingers (meaning, they get bought by someone else, staying independent out of choice is fine obivously) that will definitely start making me question their strategy and priorities.

The way Gavin Moore was talking about Bluepoint in the DigitalFoundry interview, it seems like a damn good fit they have working together with Sony Japan.

I'd be very surprised to see them work with anyone else now.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The way Gavin Moore was talking about Bluepoint in the DigitalFoundry interview, it seems like a damn good fit they have working together with Sony Japan.

I'd be very surprised to see them work with anyone else now.
Gotta watch that, BP is one of those studios that has raw technical talent, ever since their first ports. Just quality stuff all around. I bet their own game would be something really interesting, with all the knowledge they amassed.

Angie22 You know you have to Platinum Godfall now, right?

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ultimate Spiderman was a better game than 2 anyway.

Godfail

Agreed. My only disappointment with Ultimate Spider-Man was how fucking short it was. I remember excitedly running across the street to the game store, getting it home, and beating it that night. Took me 4-5 hours max. I was so bummed. I loved the look of it, and the combat and swinging was fun, and I enjoyed the story, as a big Bendis and Ultimate Spider-Man fan at the time, but when the credits rolled, I was like, "What? It's over?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.