• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
but but I already made that....
50483314093_eb03c0626f_o.png

Wow. I love this so much, I think I'm getting anime nosebleed

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be the best launch line up ever, definitely the best PS launch.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sackboy needs to die so AstroBot can flourish, that's the harsh reality.

Why?

They're both action/platformers, but are very different in terms of gameplay. Not to mention that Sackboy and Astro games are made by different studios, and thus we can still get entries in both series.

In short, whynotboth.jpg

I love Astro, and I love Sackboy, and I'm excited I get to have them both for launch. Hell, after Astrobot, even if Astro's Playroom wasn't a pack in, I'd have probably bought it. I have a feeling that we'll be getting more Astro in the future, especially considering how well received Playroom has been.

Oct 24, 2019
Good.
I would love if devs dropped the Remaster/Remake from the titles of the games.
We know it's a remaster/remake, we dont need games with dumb names like "Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered", or "Final Fantasy VII Remake".

I mean they kind of need it for the purposes of SEO if nothing else

Edit:
They don't *need* it I suppose, but it helps

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've definitely come around to this argument. Especially with Sackboy/Astro's/Pathless/Bugsnax hitting harder than I expected.

Hard to think of better launch lineup off the top, that's for sure

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Best PS Lineup imo, especially first party wise.

Ps2 might win with the 3rd party exclusives? But meh, they came to other consoles later, so I don't feel comfortable weighting them as much.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Probably won't be getting my PS5 tomorrow. Pretty bummed, because it's the only day I have off for the next week. Best Buy's website says it will ship tomorrow.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Miles Morales spoiler thumbnails already up on youtube. Fucking clowns man, I swear.

Sigh. It never fucking fails, man.

I seriously don't know why people get off on using spoiler images or titles in their youtube videos. I plan on doing an easy mode run of Spider-Man: Remastered before I get into Miles, so I definitely need to avoid youtube for the next week or two. :/

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh. It never fucking fails, man.

I seriously don't know why people get off on using spoiler images or titles in their youtube videos. I plan on doing an easy mode run of Spider-Man: Remastered before I get into Miles, so I definitely need to avoid youtube for the next week or two. :/
I might need to play the remaster first too to get used to the new Peter Parker model. And it's a fun game so I'll do it gladly.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Which mode you guys doing for Miles, Fidelity or Performance?

Fidelty. 60fps is nice, but I want to see this game at its max graphical settings, then I'm going to do a 60fps run for my second playthrough. Spider-Man is one of those games that, even after I 100%'d everything, I'd still boot it up regularly to just swing around the city and de-stress.

With Demon's Souls, I'm running the 60fps mode. It looks gorgeous in both, so I don't really feel like I need to experience that one in their 4k30 mode (though I might toggle it on just to see how different it feels from 60).

I might need to play the remaster first too to get used to the new Peter Parker model. And it's a fun game so I'll do it gladly.

That's exactly why I'm playing the Remaster first. I really like New Peter, but as I've sunk sooooo many hours into the PS4 version, it'd be too jarring to go straight to miles.

Oh man, I just thought about doing that final fight with ray-tracing... O_O that's going to be beautiful.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
So picked up my PS5 IT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Weird thing is though Astros Playroom was not pre installed I had to download it

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This might well be the best launch lineup ever. I want so many games. It's going to be a long week of waiting.

Oct 25, 2017
That's exactly why I'm playing the Remaster first. I really like New Peter, but as I've sunk sooooo many hours into the PS4 version, it'd be too jarring to go straight to miles.

Oh man, I just thought about doing that final fight with ray-tracing... O_O that's going to be beautiful.
Man, I can't wait to see that fight with ray-tracing. And just do a lot of sight-seeing around the city with natural looking reflective surfaces.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This is so ridiculous

Those air tricks are killing me, man.

Despite my disdain for Spider-Man 2 (I can't help it, I was QA on that project, and, I mean, it's really not a very good game), the air tricks were always fun to pull off. I liked the idea of Air tricks in Spidey PS4, but I always wished there were more. To see so much variety in air tricks in Miles has me giddy.

Swinging around the city is so damn satisfying, but I always try to make it look as smooth and stylish as possible. These air tricks are going to be so fun to do to mix up the swinging animations. Special shout out to the blending between air tricks and swinging. It's just so damn fluid and practically seamless. Bravo, Insomniac.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Despite my disdain for Spider-Man 2 (I can't help it, I was QA on that project, and, I mean, it's really not a very good game), the air tricks were always fun to pull off. I liked the idea of Air tricks in Spidey PS4, but I always wished there were more. To see so much variety in air tricks in Miles has me giddy.

Swinging around the city is so damn satisfying, but I always try to make it look as smooth and stylish as possible. These air tricks are going to be so fun to do to mix up the swinging animations. Special shout out to the blending between air tricks and swinging. It's just so damn fluid and practically seamless. Bravo, Insomniac.
Right I love it. Its has so much extra flavor to it. I love it lol. Just shows what a kid just starting out would be with powers all the way down to how he flies through the city

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts

Sunhi is not human. He is proof aliens exist on earth. Especially after that spiderman vid. It's not just even the tricks, but how the hell he controlling the camera like that too!!!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.