• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naetoid

Apr 7, 2018
Oregon
Marketing deals should not prevent stuff like this its insanely stupid. We got reviews for every version but PS5 and Stadia.
I agree but it does seem like they're keeping it that way. All gameplay demos have been on Series X since it was revealed. The deal is there to have people associate the game with the Xbox, despite it being multiplatform, much like Call of Duty has had with Sony for years.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Has there been a 20% increase in new game prices? Just want to compare to announced game prices in my region

Bigjig

Jun 4, 2018
Are there any more embargoes on PS5 content or is this pretty much it in terms of pre release info?

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
Looking at Sony's general investments and attitude I think their strategy will be solidifying 1st party efforts, rather than buyouts. Maybe it is good strategy, maybe it is not but I just cannot see Sony going on big shopping spree like MS.

It's risky to allow your competitors to gobble publishers that you rely on for your ecosystem and revenue. While I agree Sony seems to be focusing on organic growth and there is merit for it. There is a high chance that PS platform will see if a decline in third party support if consolidation is happening in a large scale if Sony won't get involved.

1st Party is not enough to support a $400 console and a whole division.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
It's risky to allow your competitors to gobble publishers that you rely on for your ecosystem and revenue. While I agree Sony seems to be focusing on organic growth and there is merit for it. There is a high chance that PS platform will see if a decline in third party support if consolidation is happening in a large scale if Sony won't get involved.

1st Party is not enough to support a $400 console and a whole division.
I'm sure Sony themselves are the ones with more data to support their strategic desicions, how much money comes from third parties, and wich ones drive more engagement to their platform.
That and their own finantials should help decide the most reasonable steps forward.
There send to be some kind of agreement that they cannot spend as much as others, so, just on that premise alone, it doesn't exactly make much sense to go and start buying as much as possible. Especially japanese developers that, if true as some say here, seem protected by some japanese regulation. Those would seem 'safe' for the time being as third party partners, even if shared with MS or Google.

In my humble opinion, a potential mid/long term scenario for Sony would be partnership with Amazon/Google/Tencent or even Epic/Valve. A bit like when Sony approached Nintendo before psone, just with roles reversed.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
PS5's have arrived in Sweden for internet personalities etc. Might mean the shipments have arrived to retailers etc. Cmon Cdon or Elgiganten, screw my order up and send it to me tomorrow instead!

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Will anyone be using a 3rd party HDMI 2.1 cable? I think I will have too because the one in the box will be too short

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
What if Demon Souls never existed and it was a figment of our imaginations this whole time?

Qurupeke

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, no reviews? I understand that there was limited time, but couldn't they send the review codes earlier?

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Souls price is ridiculous, almost 70€ with a 15% pre order discount lmao gtfo. Can't even import from UK since those prices went up over 20€.

If this is the new standart of next gen pricing then I ain't buying game on day 1 anymore.

In Portugal if you pre order Demon Souls on the retailers you can get it for 60. Going to the store and picking it up it's gonna en up being 79.99

Where? I haven't seen it for less then 67€.

itsFizz

Oct 29, 2017
Damn that's a 33% increase, hope they reevaluate this shit
The MSRP in Europe for new PS4 and Xbox one games has been 69.99 for quite some time. However most stores sell games day 1 for 59.99, so 10 Euro below MSRP. The new MSRP is 79.99 (a 14% increase), and soon enough stores will sell physical games below the MSRP.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I ever use rest mode, but there's a damn good reason for me to not start using it now either! I'm sure that sort of issue will be fixed with a quick patch at least.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Godfall
dd24v4o-187f0036-d179-40c4-b9a0-fc72d67989d8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.