• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
The representation too isn't lost on me either.

Right?

I'm really digging Sony's current trend towards inclusivity when it comes to PS5 marketing and promotion. My hope is that this extends beyond just the marketing, and that going forward, we see even more games starring marginalized and under-represented peoples and women.

Also, Michael B. Jordan is such a dweeb. I love it XD XD

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
i think Demon's Souls is the only one game I have seen this year that didn't need RT to look pretty. it's damn gorgeous to look at anyway

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Raytracing somehow being the end all be all of what makes a game looks good has got to be one of the most annoying things in recent months.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Thankfully devs are very smart and will use ray tracing when appropriate keeping in mind trade-offs, instead of randomly to earn forum brownie points. Lol.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Which sane person would seriously play Miles Morales without 60 FPS so that they can look at some reflections on windows instead?

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
There are lots of people, including me, who don't care for anything above a stable 30 FPS outside the Era bubble. In fact such people are the vast majority.
I wasn't entirely serious.
For me it depends on the Game. Something like Ghost of Tsushima imo is fine at 30FPS but Spider-Man and in general Games that are more input heavy or that want to sell you a sense of speed i definetly prefer 60

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
I wasn't entirely serious.
For me it depends on the Game. Something like Ghost of Tsushima imo is fine at 30FPS but Spider-Man and in general Games that are more input heavy or that want to sell you a sense of speed i definetly prefer 60
I can definitely agree with that argument - it depends on the game and personal choice. But personally I would always go for the graphical bells and whistles at stable 30 FPS.

chris 1515

Oct 27, 2017
Barcelona Spain
Still kinda salty over no RT

:V

Many good looking games will not have RT in the future for example all the games using Unreal Engine 5, virtualised geometry and RT is not possible. Demon's souls seems to have done the same choice, it is having fully unified dynamic lighting. RT is a tool not an end.

Demon's souls and the UE5 demo are the best thing we have seen and they don't use RT.

Last edited:

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
RT would be locked to the 30 fps mode anyways which means it wouldn't make any difference to me since I'll only be touching the 60 fps mode.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
The console manufacturers choosing to make RT one of the marketing bullet points was a very stupid move, considering how early the tech is in gaming and how demanding it is.

Now games can look amazing but as long as they dont have that bullet point, people wont be impressed cos they've set the expectation that the" truly next gen" games will need to have that "truly next gen" feature

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Am I missing where to add Bugsnax to my PS+ library on the website? There's like...nothing to click on its page. Guess I'll just wait until Thursday.

www.playstation.com

Bugsnax - PS4 & PS5 Games | PlayStation

Buy Bugsnax on PS4 and PS5. Embark on a whimsical adventure to Snaktooth Island, home of the legendary half-bug half-snack creatures, Bugsnax.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
The console manufacturers choosing to make RT one of the marketing bullet points was a very stupid move, considering how early the tech is in gaming and how demanding it is.
Now games can look amazing but as long as they dont have that bullet point, people* wont be impressed cos they've set the expectation that the" truly next gen" games will need to have that "truly next gen" feature
* a vocal minority of hardcore nerds yelling angrily into the void

OddRonald

Jul 31, 2020
I'm in a constant state of worrying about my PS5 being late until it is in my hands, this week and next are killing me. I have to make sure I'm home the day it arrives so I've booked work off for the 19th but if it's late and arrives 20th I won't be in to sign for it

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad the with PS5 coming, PS Studios now ought to implement options to choose whether Graphical/Performance mode for their games.

I can't imagine if one of their top studios still pushing pixels + 30fps on PS5 and NOT give any options at all... 🙄🤦

Unless their new PS5 games is 60fps native in the first place & no 30fps, then I'm fine with that personally.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

I'm not jelous at all
1f7eb011718a2883dacd4702a0dd09bb.gif

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm glad the with PS5 coming, PS Studios now ought to implement options to choose whether Graphical/Performance mode for their games.

I can't imagine if one of their top studios still pushing pixels + 30fps on PS5 and NOT give any options at all... 🙄🤦

Unless their new PS5 games is 60fps native in the first place & no 30fps, then I'm fine with that personally.

In a perfect world AMD would release their DLSS-like solution next year and all studios would be able to target 1440p 60 FPS with RT and have it reconstructed to 4K.

In the meantime yeah, I'm fine with options :D

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool
In a perfect world AMD would release their DLSS-like solution next year and all studios would be able to target 1440p 60 FPS with RT and have it reconstructed to 4K.

In the meantime yeah, I'm fine with options :D
Even 1440p 60 fps with RT will be hard to achieve. 1080p 60 fps RT + DLSS-like would be the perfect solution, imo.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
If I could get only 1080p native, 60fps locked + RT = I'm waaaaaaaaay more than fine.

I don't have 4K TV in the first place, lol.

Doubt I'll buy one in my lifetime.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Come to think of it, if the AMD DLSS-like solution is robust then maybe we'll see a lot more titles able to hit 8K. Whatever TV I get next year will likely be an 8K model so the more the merrier :)

Naetoid

Apr 7, 2018
Oregon
Any idea on a Sackboy embargo? I'm really hopin' it turns out to be a sleeper hit. If they can just pivot to Sackboy being their platforming... platform, I'd be into it.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If I could get only 1080p native, 60fps locked + RT = I'm waaaaaaaaay more than fine.

I don't have 4K TV in the first place, lol.

Doubt I'll buy one in my lifetime.

I definitely had no plans to buy a 4K tv, but then my 1080p just upped and died on me one night, and I was like, "Well, I need a new TV, so I might as well just get a 4k one". I found a really nice 50" Samsung 4k well within my price budget, and haven't looked back. It's a gorgeous tv. Funnily enough, the 1080p set croaking is what pushed me to upgrade from my base PS4 to the PS4 Pro back when it launched. It literally died shortly after the Pro was announced, so I got the TV, and pre-ordered the Pro, so I'd have something that actually utilized 4k lol

Ex Libris

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I wonder how many years before 4k becomes the new standard. I mean barely 10 years ago, 1080p had the amount of adoption that 4k now has (I have nothing to back this up, just a feeling). I can see 1080p screens becoming exceedingly rare in the next 5-10 years.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Just a heads-up. At least where I live (Europe), Fallen Order now shows as an EA Play title on PS Store and you can download it. EA Play app hasn't updated yet to include it. Downloading now!

darkkain

Oct 31, 2017
Play TLoU 2 on PS5 day or not to play? Just tell me naughty dogs, few days or few months will there be a patch? Upgrade on launch date will be such a great move. First run on this game should be amazing.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
In his new Video YongYea stated, that whilel playing Miles Morales and Astro bot, he could play for 10,5 Hrs before having to recharge the controller:

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Hm, with the PS5 release in the US in two days, it looks like we won't get any patch for Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding to at least unlock the framerate? That's disappointing to be honest...especially with Last of Us 2 (for me also for Death Stranding), I still have to finish both and to be honest I expected an update for Last of Us 2 at least, Death Stranding is a bit older, but shouldn't be too hard with the PC build out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.