• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think an X-Men game would be good but would be hard to balance. The beauty of Spiderman is you pour everything into one character. I think Daredevil has been talked about alot but would be in Hell's Kitchen again.

I think a Daredevil game in the vein of Arkham Asylum/City could work quite well. A DD game doesn't need to be open world, and you can build out the Hell's Kitchen district and pack it full of content and side quests. Have some Matt Murdock sections where you get to Phoenix Wright yourself through a case, then the other half of the gameplay loop is patrolling Hell's Kitchen as DD. The day/night cycle could determine when you need to switch back to Murdock/DD, and you can add some tension to cases and crime fighting that way.

For example, as DD, you may need to infiltrate some criminal's apartment to dig for information/clues that will help Matt's case, because someone on the force is blocking him, but you have to get that intel fast, since the case is the next day.

You can put the day/night cycle on a more forgiving counter compared to open world games that tend to cycle between day and night every 30 minutes of gameplay or so.

I don't know, just throwing shit out there, but I don't think it's a problem centering a game on a specific location, if you really go all in on immersion, and making that location as dense as possible with quality interactions and quest lines.

Last edited:

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I gotta somehow save 510 dollars (PS5 Digital + Planet Coaster Console Edition + Cyberpunk) and manage to find the damn thing before Christmas. Pain.

pure

Jun 18, 2019
Germany
The lack of a link only furthers suspicion. If it was real, why not share the link anyway? Gives people a chance to check if a Google cached version exists.
Probably fake. Every Game from Sega is listed with "Marke:Sega" and not "SEGA" in caps.
iiXMNdH.png

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
What do you think they'll talk about?
Nothing more than usual

Unless a journalist/financial guy ask some question about stock allocation, how many units they produced, PS5 standard/digital ratio, etc... and it's not sure Sony will answer

They removed PS4 units forecast so don't expect PS5 units forecast (even if Jimbo already said they expect better sales than PS4 so I assume they forecasted 7.6M+ as of March 2021)

¥473bn Revenue ($4.45B)
¥74bn Profit ($0.700B)

2.0M PS4
80M games (maybe a bit optimistic considering Avengers underperformance)
15M first party games (I hope more but there was no full lockdown during this quarter)

67% digital ratio
46.4M PS+
116M MAU

My predictions :P

Nov 21, 2017
They will probably again partner with an external studio like with Insomniac and Spidey if they do another Marvel game. I don't see them removing any first party dev from an already hit IP and putting them on Marvel.
Iirc how it went was, Marvel went to Sony, wanted them to make a good single player game for them, Sony propositioned and vouched for Insomniac, who at the time they were heavily partnered with and not a first party. Assuming it happens again, who else is Sony heavily partnered with that they don't own, that Sony trusts to make a good Marvel game that they'd put their name on? Cause if that developer nailed it, it's big profit for both Sony and Marvel.

Well technically SIE worked with Marvel Games twice to make Marvel's Spider-Man and Ironman VR and in both instances Sony decided to partner with external devs instead of doing it in-house(Of course Insomniac is owned by Sony now though). So though it is not impossible for Sony to have one of their owned first party studios work on another Marvel Game, so far they seem to prefer finding partner studios taking on the projects first. Also though not related to SIE, Nintendo when they partnered with Marvel Games for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 they too partnered with an external team in Team Ninja.

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
What are everyones thoughts about Sony supporting digital purchases going forward to consoles in the future. I'm coming from being primarily PC for most of last gen and only buying PS4 games for Sony exclusives. Now that my PC is getting a bit long in the tooth I'm considering going digital PS5 with my game buying but fear my purchases not carrying over into future generations.
Is this something we have any idea about or are we just kinda hoping for the best with our game libraries being backwards compatible.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hahahahahaha kill me
Went to ebay Germany and it's not as bad as I thought. PS5 for 999€, PS4DE for 850€ and the PS5 PULSE-3D Headset for 1099€.
(⌐□_□)
What are everyones thoughts about Sony supporting digital purchases going forward to consoles in the future. I'm coming from being primarily PC for most of last gen and only buying PS4 games for Sony exclusives. Now that my PC is getting a bit long in the tooth I'm considering going digital PS5 with my game buying but fear my purchases not carrying over into future generations.
Is this something we have any idea about or are we just kinda hoping for the best with our game libraries being backwards compatible.
Sony's goal is to have a huge eco-system. It's the reason why they are using a "PC architecture" (supercharged x86) and not something exotic like Cell on PS3. So there won't be any big issues anymore about your "purchases carrying over into future PS generations" imho.

Last edited:

Kenzo

alt account
Banned
Oct 9, 2020
Tsushima
I don't see why Sony wouldn't make the hypothetical PS6 backwards compatible with 4/5. In terms of physical games I always buy new and rarely sell.

Jan 20, 2019
Nothing more than usual

Unless a journalist/financial guy ask some question about stock allocation, how many units they produced, PS5 standard/digital ratio, etc... and it's not sure Sony will answer

They removed PS4 units forecast so don't expect PS5 units forecast (even if Jimbo already said they expect better sales than PS4 so I assume they forecasted 7.6M+ as of March 2021)

¥473bn Revenue ($4.45B)
¥74bn Profit ($0.700B)

2.0M PS4
80M games (maybe a bit optimistic considering Avengers underperformance)
15M first party games (I hope more but there was no full lockdown during this quarter)

67% digital ratio
46.4M PS+
116M MAU

My predictions :P

Good stuff, yah i dont expect Sony to answer anything, they are a very reserve company

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
Looks like Sucker Punch hit a home run with the new mode in GoT, I'll be waiting for it on the PS5. 😭

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Sony devs have being really fantastic this gen for sure with awesome updates. I notice a trend of multiplayer to multiplayer like modes after launch now. Days Gone,The Last of Us part II,Dreams and now Ghost of Tsushima

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
does anyone know if tsushima's ng+ mode makes the game significantly harder?

I don't know about significantly harder, but when you start a new game plus, there is a difficulty option you can choose called Legend+, which it says makes the game harder to take into account that you'd be starting your NG+ with a fully kitted out Jin, so just normal Legend difficulty wouldn't suffice.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Sony devs have being really fantastic this gen for sure with awesome updates. I notice a trend of multiplayer to multiplayer like modes after launch now. Days Gone,The Last of Us part II,Dreams and now Ghost of Tsushima
Which "multiplayer-like" updates did last of us ii or days gone get? I know ND is working on a mp game but did I miss an announcment?

Oct 24, 2019
What games have you all been playing this month (the best month of the year) to get in the mood for Halloween?

My horror marathon is marching on lol. I've finished The Sinking City, Call of Cthulhu, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, and Layers of Fear. Now I'm trying to decide whether to play Blair Witch, Vampyr, or Observation next. Was going to do a replay of Bloodborne and/or Until Dawn, but I think I'll save those for the PS5 :)

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Loading up my PS3 and downloading stuff through my accounts list is filling me with a tonnnn of nostalgia

I can't believe I'll finally be unplugging this (and my PS4) before I get my PS5.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be selling my PS4, but what is everyone doing with their PS3s? I still have mine too and need to get rid of it lol.
Loading up my PS3 and downloading stuff through my accounts list is filling me with a tonnnn of nostalgia

I can't believe I'll finally be unplugging this (and my PS4) before I get my PS5.

I'm not sure I'm following, why unplug ther PS3, the PS5 isn't offering any solutions for PS3 BC, right? I've got my PS3 in the closet but I'm not taking my PS3 games off the shelf just yet.

simmias

Oct 30, 2017
I'll be selling my PS4, but what is everyone doing with their PS3s? I still have mine too and need to get rid of it lol.
I was thinking of packing mine up to help make room for the PS5, but after throwing an SSD in it and getting an adapter that lets me use the PS button on the DS4, it's a pretty damn serviceable console and I've found room to keep it in the setup.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
legit tho I'm barely going to have room for the PS5 lmao, I've got the whole cube shelf thing going on and the PS5 is just too huge, it has to go next to the TV or bust. The Series X will be the same.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I think the PS5 will fit fine in my entertainment center. If not, I could see it getting annoying, especially having to hook up VR to it.

The big issue is for me that my PS5 is still hypothetical since I don't have one preordered :(

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I think the PS5 will fit fine in my entertainment center. If not, I could see it getting annoying, especially having to hook up VR to it.

The big issue is for me that my PS5 is still hypothetical since I don't have one preordered :(

I hope you get ahold of one soon! I've had a preorder with Target since day 1 and I'm going to be terrified of it actually being real until the charge is finalized.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure I'm following, why unplug ther PS3, the PS5 isn't offering any solutions for PS3 BC, right? I've got my PS3 in the closet but I'm not taking my PS3 games off the shelf just yet.
It just isn't used much anymore. :/ All I've wanted to play recently again has already been played, or it's been remastered and I own it on PS4. It is taking up space, so I will be unplugging it the day before my PS5 arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.