• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Will we be able to add games to our wishlists on the PS5 Store?

that was one of the most baffling things to me was that I could only wishlist things on the web browser store, not the PS4 store itself. Useless

Someone found a line of code on PS Direct (If I'm not mistaken) saying that the PS5 had withlists directly from the console. I believe if it's real, you will be able to access via the web as well... I just hope they add gifting too.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
platocplx

I just checked my rewards points at Sony Rewards...just for getting the card I got 5,000? And I have enough points for $50 in gift cards at PS Store or Best Buy?? Or just damn near anywhere???

Damn, I cant wait till the Playstation card come in the mail. I got these points from the Sony card.
Holy crap. That's so wild yeah you can get em for anywhere told you the card is great lmao.

Nov 2, 2017
What happened to your ps4? Mine "died" yesterday too so I'm curious to know if you had the same issue.

After the last update, mine was completely frozen on an error screen that Wouldn't go away no matter what I do. Even had trouble getting it to safe mode. Took several tries but I got it to safe mode and the only option that worked was update through usb which managed to work and got the PS4 working again.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
With Nightcrawler

giphy.gif
Putting the SSD to work

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
The reason Marvel movies took off is because of the people who were in charge of making them. Give sony those rights way back then and not the people who made Ironman and popularized super hero movies, and who's to say the popularity would be the same?

Sure, not at all taking credit away from the folks who have made the Marvel universe of movies what they are today. But there's no denying Sony fucked up. They didn't see the potential and missed out big time. It's just a fun little nugget though to look back on and armchair quarterback about.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY

I skipped it on PS4 but will buy it to play on PS5. SP def has outdone itself here. I'm really surprised at the sales data on the game. I honestly felt Sony sent it out there with literally no marketing and only 1 month before? The Last of Us Part 2. Like wow talk about putting up a fight for your dollar! Lol

Off topic, glad they didn't go with that other game that looked like Assassin's Creed lite. Looked terrible. Ghost just has so much more to tell.

I hope the sales continue on PS4 and PS5. SP deserves all the praise. I feel I have a better appreciation of their team. I always enjoyed their games but seems they've moved up with this release. (Maybe I'm wrong and they've always been top tier?)

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Rangers Football Club beat Celtic Football Club today away from home and it has put me in the best of moods. Could someone show me how to do a gift post for 20 of whatever the winners currency is?

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Some of you folks were wondering about the traversal pace of Spud Morales to compared Peter. Here's a very short clip:

Given the title is also on PS4, the near parity in pace of traversal in unsurprising.

One thing to note (which I did while going frame by frame) is the exceptional quality of per object motion blur on Miles's extremities. Also, note how Miles is further into the distance than Parker.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Some of you folks were wondering about the traversal pace of Spud Morales to compared Peter. Here's a very short clip:

Given the title is also on PS4, the near parity in pace of traversal in unsurprising.

One thing to note (which I did while going frame by frame) is the exceptional quality of per object motion blur on Miles's extremities. Also, note how Miles is further into the distance than Parker.
Oh shit! Why didn't I ever think about the FOV of next gen games? A higher FOV is a real game changer!

Supernova

Oct 10, 2018
Oh shit! Why didn't I ever think about the FOV of next gen games? A higher FOV is a real game changer!

Yeah, we're starting to see it now in some of the cross gen games. Black Ops Cold War has added the FOV slider on consoles for the first time in a COD game.

Hopefully more games can add this as an option.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
It's not on Amazon.de anywhere I can find. Images don't mean anything unfortunately, I could create this listing in a few minutes.

Also weird for a page to have accidently appeared in group with first-party games (and for Miles Morales to have been removed from that list).

See here for reference: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B089ZMS3BF/

Saw that on Reddit, the guy said the link has been removed since then.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, but it has inherent performance cost.
Obviously but it's nice to see them actually take that into consideration for Miles Morales.
I'm pretty sure it would be too much to ask to have and extra setting for that on top of resolution and framerate settings but it would be nice if they made a slightly higher FOV the default option going forward.
When I replayed Dark Souls 3 on the PC I felt like the standard FOV setting made the game literally unplayable for me. Not sure how I was able to stomach that on the PS4 but on PC I immediately had to install a mod to change it...

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, not at all taking credit away from the folks who have made the Marvel universe of movies what they are today. But there's no denying Sony fucked up. They didn't see the potential and missed out big time. It's just a fun little nugget though to look back on and armchair quarterback about.

To be fair, nobody wanted that deal, it's not like Sony were the only one who rejected it. Here's an excerpt from the book The Big Picture that talked about it.

But that's with the benefit of hindsight. At the time, it was a deal nobody wanted. Who, besides the obviously biased Arad, could have possibly foreseen that as a result of economic forces not yet on the horizon, cinematic universes would take over the movie business and superheroes, no matter how obscure and seemingly absurd, would be the most valuable currency in Hollywood? In 1998, the number three movie was the gross-out comedy There's Something About Mary, and in 1999 it was Toy Story 2. Nobody at the time—not even anyone working at Marvel, if they were honest—imagined that in 2014 it would be Guardians of the Galaxy, based on a poorly selling Marvel comic featuring a foul-mouthed raccoon and a grunting tree-man.

Indeed, Arad and Perlmutter couldn't find any other takers for the deal, which is why six months later they ended up back in talks with Landau, offering him Spider-Man alone for $20 million. Even Marvel's most valuable character, the Sony executive figured, wasn't worth 80 percent of the cost of the entire library, and so he balked. But eventually, the two sides reached an agreement: Sony would pay $10 million up front for each Spider-Man movie, plus an additional 5 percent of the revenue once it exceeded that initial payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.