• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
They said Sony marketing isn't doing so great, look at the social media metrics of the recent teardown and now the UI videos. 😏

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
50491908088_4fc69452e5_b.jpg

this UI. Lord. The HDR is going to look so good.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
So i have a thoughts on how I think Activities Work in all.
so seems like you can have multiple activities you can resume.
the activities are focused on the single game you are using. Also the control center looks at news and latest creation you made and any messages and invites.
  • Level Card
    • I believe the level cards are for checkpoints in the level of the game and has a save state for that level You are progressing.
  • Adventure Card
    • This is your latest Save Game. And will work like a quick resume would. It progresses as the story progresses and the time remaining is to finish that chapter of the game.
I may be totally wrong but i know we should get more info before the store launch.
In image form
1vIEStL.jpg

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Woot! Gravity Rush 2 is an excellent game. I'll sing its praises until more people give it some love and maybe show Sony that people have a lot of love for Kat and her world. I'm still hopeful we'll get a Gravity Rush 3 on the PS5, as I know the game director is still interested in making another one, and I think it's one of those IPs that Sony has that won't have insane budget costs, even for a PS5 title, so it's possible it's not a dead IP just yet, despite not lighting the world on fire with the first two. They were both pretty well received by critics and those that have actually played them.
You know it :)
I think Toyama said he'd be interested but also that they did at least complete the story they initially intended to tell thanks to GR2.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
50491908088_4fc69452e5_b.jpg

this UI. Lord. The HDR is going to look so good.
I see this, and I don't get the complaints it looks too busy. This seems less busy than PS4. The Activity cards part looks like whats already on PS4:

201711251825581.png

The PS5 UI seems less cluttered IMO. Because the cards are smaller, stuff separated.

It seems like they took an already simplistic, minimal UI, and made it even more simplistic, minimal.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
That sounds promising, but why does my changelog on my PS4 just say "bug fixes"? Where does this website pull this information from?

This other article says the same thing as you said
sp1st.com

God of War Update 1.34 October 15 Punches Out - SP1st

Sony Santa Monica has released the God of War update 1.34 October 15 patch! Yes, the single-player game released back in 2018 just got a new patch!
The PS4 only states that the patch is for "various bug fixes," and that's about it

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just give us a PS5 patch for Bloodborne, Japan Studio. Can't be so hard to add good 4K/60fps support and remove the frame-pacing issue.

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Just give us a PS5 patch for Bloodborne, Japan Studio. Can't be so hard to add good 4K/60fps support and remove the frame-pacing issue.
It took Lance significant effort but that's mainly because he didn't have access to the source code, it should be doable from the actual developer.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I see this, and I don't get the complaints it looks too busy. This seems less busy than PS4. The Activity cards part looks like whats already on PS4:

201711251825581.png

The PS5 UI seems less cluttered IMO. Because the cards are smaller, stuff separated.

It seems like they took an already simplistic, minimal UI, and made it even more simplistic, minimal.
I strongly recommend watching the UI video on your TV if you can. It's a significantly different experience than watching it on my iPad this morning.

Akiba756

Oct 1, 2020
Sao Paolo, Brazil
I am not sure if this is the right thread to bring this up, but i wanted to discuss this: Since Microsoft has now a hold on a lot of established Western RPG studios (Inxile, Obsidian, Bethesda) do You think Sony will try to aquire a WRPG studio to counter that? If so, which developers are possible? the one that comes to my mind is Larian Studios, since they are doing particularly well, between Divinity 2 and Baldurs Gate 3

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure if this is the right thread to bring this up, but i wanted to discuss this: Since Microsoft has now a hold on a lot of established Western RPG studios (Inxile, Obsidian, Bethesda) do You think Sony will try to aquire a WRPG studio to counter that? If so, which developers are possible? the one that comes to my mind is Larian Studios, since they are doing particularly well, between Divinity 2 and Baldurs Gate
Sony needs more studios and they know this. They already said they are looking for more acquisitions. But I doubt they will do this to "counter" Microsoft's RPG studios. They will go after talent and IPs. Not after certain genres.
(Too bad. I love JRPGs.)

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It took Lance significant effort but that's mainly because he didn't have access to the source code, it should be doable from the actual developer.
Yeah. Sony has the OG code, professional devs and multiple teams inside Japan Studio. Can't be so hard to give us a PS5 Bloodborne patch. Can't believe we didn't get one for the PS4 Pro. 4K/60fps and fixing the frame-pacing issue is already "enough". Let's do this, Sony!

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
They said Sony marketing isn't doing so great, look at the social media metrics of the recent teardown and now the UI videos. 😏
Because people can't wait anymore. And media are also in the same spot so you have a lot of frustration of the them and the vocal minority.
The fact it is made for big screen help a lot. You have a lot of space so that's looks cleaner.
I finally watched the video on my big TV and it is really a fantastic UI.
Yeah, the extra week for us EU people will be annoying ^_^
I will spend the week watching DF videos and staring at my Miles Morales copy...

wartime

Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
My LG CX was supposed to be delivered by Amazon this morning but got delayed at the last minute, so I got a $50 dollar gift card. I immediately turned around and preordered Miles Morales. I also transferred all my PS4 games to an external HDD. Ready for 11/12.

Buzzkiller_20

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Skipped through the thread, do we know if folders are in yet? Is Sony gonna stay quiet on this.

I didn't win a Burger King PS5. Maybe tomorrow.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
And it's nice you can keep it up with either PiP/PbP until you're done (or close it anytime) if you need to keep looking at the hint/tip while playing.

Yeah, and implemented in a fresh way, I also like how when he went to the main menu and highlighted a game as he was browsing through his list it showed a new take on those dedicated individual game "pages" when sitting on a game icon, and this one looks like a much more useful evolution of the PS4 informational one with all the new features and more "live" uses like the activities/cards and being able to use a card to jump right into a specific thing in the game along with the full screen game wallpaper for the game like ps4 (once you pressed down for more info) and ps3 had.

It's pretty cool that they said some backwards compatible PS4 games can integrate into some of these features too, so maybe it can generate the game page even just using the more limited info PS4 games were already generating that still have a place on the new interface like trophy data, updated news about the game, current livestreams of that game, direct links to its add-ons/dlc, etc.

Yeah, I'm definitely really interested to see what PS4 games may receive that treatment. I have a feeling that Spider-Man Remastered is definitely going to get that, considering that Insomniac has poured a lot of work into that Remaster, and probably had to keep mum on certain improvements related to the UI until it was revealed. And even still, this isn't all of the UI features and functionality Sony is going to show us.

They clearly have a plan and a schedule they are sticking to when it comes to rolling out PS5 information, and we're still 4 weeks away from launch. I expect them to keep the info ball rolling to fuel excitement as we close out this final month.

Craiji

May 26, 2018
It tells you to get a PS5 and then sets your PS4 on fire

Apparently it's just "bug fixes" or some such

I am already embracing the new flesh and have my PS5 Pre-Order in, but keeping my Pro, so no fires here. Too hot and dangerous for that in CA.

Yeah the patch notes are vague, ensure that PS5 compatibility?

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Jesus fuck at the view count on the UI video.

Last time I checked hours ago ot was near the 2 mil mark and now its double that.

Status
Not open for further replies.