• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Yep, when he launch Destruction and press PS button after, "switcher" became Desctruction logo.
Note that when he launch the game, there isn't "suspend" wait screen for Sackboy, the new game is launch instantly letting PS5 handle Sackboy in the background.

And we saw the feature / animation described by Kena's dev when you launch a new game too.
Yup, the fact that there is no PS4 style warning about the current game closing suggests the ability to switch between at least 2 games as it is aptly called Switcher

Sacboy
6hEo7rd.jpg

DaS
Bd3lJHB.jpg

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020
The game informer show has a long section about Spider-Man MM what some nice details about the game and a little bit of new gameplay. The show is on YouTube and the Spider-Man part starts around the 45 min point.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I have and it definitely showed up in my email same day I think. If you go to your order history they might list the codes there too.
Check the order summary, there might be a "view code" link around there somewheres. They should email you too, but I recall having to dig around there when I hadn't seen anything come in.
Thank you! Now have $35 in my account!
DMC5 is on sale right now on the PS Store. Has there been any news if we can digitally upgrade to the PS5 version?

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Can't wait to be able to track how many time I've been mauled by a bear trying to finish my RDR2 platinum.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Tremendous, forward looking UI Sony has built for the ps5. It looks like a joy to use in the 4k video and everything is incredibly fast and super super smooth.

Classy and modern without too much cruft. The screen sharing features alone will get so much mileage out of me.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! Now have $35 in my account!
DMC5 is on sale right now on the PS Store. Has there been any news if we can digitally upgrade to the PS5 version?
Do not buy the PS4 version of DMC5. It will not upgrade. You need to specifically purchase DMC5 Special Edition for the PS5.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Wow, the UI video has almost 3 million views already! Seems to have hit harder than even the Teardown!

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yup, the fact that there is no PS4 style warning about the current game closing suggests the ability to switch between at least 2 games as it is aptly called Switcher

Sacboy
6hEo7rd.jpg

DaS
Bd3lJHB.jpg

yeah and I was saying it makes no sense from a UX design perspective to make that function "Switcher" if it only supports suspending 1 game at a time. it's clearly a pop up menu that will let you select from multiple suspended game states/activities.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone else wondering what that controller icon was on the dashboard along with the library and apps?

Is it remote play? If it is, why would it be prominent there.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020

Sacboy
6hEo7rd.jpg

DaS
Bd3lJHB.jpg

What's also interesting is that when they hover over the game tiles on the main home screen, there's no indication that either game is "running" in the background. PS4 has that spinning circle near the "Start" button, but both games shown here just say "Play".

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I've never actually used Share Play but I'm assuming on PS5 it will work in tandem with the PiP share screen function?

that's pretty slick if you can watch your friend in PiP & take over at any point

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Great OT, like always.

It was apparently also a good choice to open it before going to work JuanLatino

The UI looks great. Some neat features in there.

Though, are dymanic themes gone now?

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yeah and I was saying it makes no sense from a UX design perspective to make that function "Switcher" if it only supports suspending 1 game at a time. it's clearly a pop up menu that will let you select from multiple suspended game states/activities.

That's true but i can totally see it being one game at a time, which I'm ok with as everything would still be snappy loading up.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Next gen starts for me with Watch dogs on a 3080 in 2 weeks

In the mean time, I'm finally playing Gravity rush 2 after only playing an hour of it 3 years ago and damn is it good, great way to end PS4

Woot! Gravity Rush 2 is an excellent game. I'll sing its praises until more people give it some love and maybe show Sony that people have a lot of love for Kat and her world. I'm still hopeful we'll get a Gravity Rush 3 on the PS5, as I know the game director is still interested in making another one, and I think it's one of those IPs that Sony has that won't have insane budget costs, even for a PS5 title, so it's possible it's not a dead IP just yet, despite not lighting the world on fire with the first two. They were both pretty well received by critics and those that have actually played them.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
What if you double press the ps button to bring up the games in suspended state? That would be a pretty slick way to handle that. Similar to how you used to do it on the iPhone.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen enough (more Destruction AllStars gameplay footage tho). Just give me the PS5 now, Sony!

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I just thought it was a battery indicator like we have now.

Should've posted a screengrab but I don't know how to post an image apparently. I'm sorry.

The one I am referring to is the one in the Home screen.

it's probably just controller settings, like Switch has the menu for syncing different controllers at any point

That's actually interesting if it is similar to the Switch that they decided it was important to have an app in itself. I always thought it made sense on the Switch with all the configurations joycons can have.

Also the library icon has me curious. It looks to me like it could be an app drawer where you can see more icons at once compared to the PS4. I hope its intuitive and has many ways to organize.

They obviously still has lots to show from the UI and keeps the excitement going when they finally reveal stuff.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Wow, the UI video has almost 3 million views already! Seems to have hit harder than even the Teardown!
The magic of a brilliantly executed marketing strategy and brand recognition. Digital Foundry pointed it out in their UI breakdown video. The way Sony did it left room for being excited and hyped about certain aspects of PS5. And we still don't know everything about the UX.
Sid skipped over the Switcher icon with the quickness. Can't wait for more stuff to be revealed.
What's also interesting is that when they hover over the game tiles on the main home screen, there's no indication that either game is "running" in the background. PS4 has that spinning circle near the "Start" button, but both games shown here just say "Play".
Hmm I actually didn't catch that. Good eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.