• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I wonder what these icons means. Play time? Quick Resume? 🤔

TwJ0gGs.jpg

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
I'm seeing now the concerns shift from UI to quick resume lol
Yup... totally ignorant, when what they showed means and dos so much more ad is so much better than the "traditional" quick resume. I can't even be bothered to explain it to them, if they watched the same video as I did and don't see it then that's on them.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
So how is the concern after the UI reveal? Has the narrative shifted from " Sony is hiding key features to the public" to " The UI sucks" ?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
4gamer posted a couple raw videos of the UI from the demo without any voiceover

You can get a taste of Sackboy's music in the first one.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
it's only 7 am and the unannounced ui state of play has half a million views

people clearly care about the ui all you nobody but the hard core care about ui look silly right now.

Oct 7, 2020
Italy
I really like the look of the UI, the activity features and the way they track your progress in games and how they give you little hints when you're stuck (I don't like how the hints are paywalled tho). Would have loved to see how we can touch upon the screenshots we've taken before sharing them and more info about themes. But overall it is a really nice, simple, accessible and clean UI.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
That's a very good point. I wonder if multiple people in the chat can share their screen or only one at a time. If so, and you and your friend could see each other, it'd be like next-gen couch co-op. May be something to suggest to Sony if they don't support it day 1 and there aren't any technical reasons why it couldn't be done.

I imagine you can only view one at a time. More that one would block out a third of the screen lol. I guess streaming latency may be a challenge for that idea.

I wonder what these icons means. Play time? Quick Resume? 🤔

TwJ0gGs.jpg

Looks like the icon for the countdown after you preorder when the game is not out yet.

I think they may have shown demo versions of those games since a prompt to buy them is on the dashboard? I think the price should not showup at all in the dashboard if you already bought the game right?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I think the UI vid having plenty views is less indicative of people wanting to see the UI but more that any PS5 news is eaten up like crazy

Decade_2050

May 19, 2019
Wow that UI is such a disappointment...
They are cluttering the games with nonsense I don't want to see No Quick resume ( just standard rest mode) . Looks like they were more concerned with integrating the PS Store

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
My biggest takeaway from this video?.....I really want Sackboy now lol

Lol me too. I had zero intentions of buying it and I was like "this looks fun" while watching him play.
Not sure why the UI thread is so negative - this is fucking fantastic. Nice job, Sony!
Console warring is heavily moderated so people resort to concern trolling, pretending to be disappointed fans from the other side.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
They are cluttering the games with nonsense I don't want to see No Quick resume ( just standard rest mode) . Looks like they were more concerned with integrating the PS Store
Hmm, I wonder what "we have more to show on the UI in the coming weeks" means. 🤔🤔🤔

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017
When you start the PS5 again, just press the PS button to go back to your game. You don't need to mess with all the extra bells and whistles if you don't want to.
Not sure why the UI thread is so negative - this is fucking fantastic. Nice job, Sony!
You expected otherwise? lol

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
Good Lord, I come into this thread for some respite from the unrelenting, unfounded cynicism in the UI thread and people are pulling the same shit in here?

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
UI Looks great and snappy, love it
I have a few thoughts:
  • I think Hideo Kojima or Suda51 will fuck us over with the Help system lol
  • If PS Store is intrgrated in the system, so must be PS Now too.
  • Create Button has a lot thing hidden, of course screenshots/gifs are obvious but it seems more profound that what we saw
  • Seems you can go in multiplayer directly from game hub (Timestamped: https://youtu.be/7TBPrYJDoDE?t=538)
  • I like the Official News card, anything that can store news at one place is a plus for me
Yup, caught the multiplayer menu on the hub, hopefully takes you straight to matchmaking.
Hoping more games implement that too, TDM, Duos,Trios e.t.c.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Voice dictation for typing, sweet.

Praying for folders 🙏

Also it bothers me that the PS+ app is mixed in with the games. Should really be to the left with the store.
Yeah, hopefully folders right from the start this time.

I really like the look of the UI, the activity features and the way they track your progress in games and how they give you little hints when you're stuck (I don't like how the hints are paywalled tho). Would have loved to see how we can touch upon the screenshots we've taken before sharing them and more info about themes. But overall it is a really nice, simple, accessible and clean UI.
Yeah, it's pretty cool we've got the feature from that patent. Love how the game is always able still be running behind the panel.
The picture-in-picture thing for the tips and also while someone was showing their play was really cool.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
I go to grab some coffee and look what happens. They drop the UI reveal and no one told me...I'm in the OT a couple of pages in talking about side panels.

You guys....

Really liked the look of the UI. It seems it isn't geared towards theming if each game has a huge game hub that shows a high res image on the background when the game is selected. I laughed when Sid said they were almost out of time....who is limiting them? They could have hung around all day and I wouldn't have minded.

Anyways, is that it? Are we expecting anything else system related to drop before the launch?
A theme could easily just stay in the background and not change when on different apps on the home screen. I'm sure we'll get themes, maybe not day 1 tho.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
it is nice to see that Sony carried over the idea of trying to tuck away the UI so it isn't up in your face as much

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
A theme could easily just stay in the background and not change when on different apps on the home screen. I'm sure we'll get themes, maybe not day 1 tho.
From what I am seeing, themes will take a major backseat. But that's more to do with each game having its own page more or less, so the only thing we may see from themes are probably icon and sounds changes. Basically, every game icon there is kinda its own theme.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I haven't had time to watch the UI video but what is the general takeaway from the folks here? Thanks.
Very fast navigation, switching between games took about 8 seconds (from cold boot), integrated store, a bunch of new, and clever features(game help, activity cards, PiP) that will change how we interact with video games.

Really good stuff imo.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
For me the most exciting feature is the pip for game hints. No more searching for stuff on mobile. Hopefully they expand the feature and have have hints from third party creaters if the developer does not implement them.

Dont really care if quick resume is missing as i cant remember the last time i was playing more than one game at a time.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I think this is our ''Quick Resume''
FoGwu4m.png

3sGhwRr.png
Yep, when he launch Destruction and press PS button after, "switcher" became Desctruction logo.
Note that when he launch the game, there isn't "suspend" wait screen for Sackboy, the new game is launch instantly letting PS5 handle Sackboy in the background.

And we saw the feature / animation described by Kena's dev when you launch a new game too.

Nov 14, 2017
It looks great and similar but not too similar to the PS4 UI. Was really hoping we were gonna see trophy stuff but that will probably be one of the last things IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.