• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I think next month is where all the final previews come.

The amazing thing is to think that Sony may let YouTubers reveal the UI and its features instead of them doing it. I hope I'm wrong tho...
Any video or information coming from Sony would have to be revealed next week, since on saturday we will already have some Japanese YouTubers with the console.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
so I went and preordered both the disc and non-disc version of the PS5. I'm trying to determine which to keep - how does the digital version work? Can I buy and install an internal (or external?) SSD for more space or.. ? Are there already established SSD's for this?

any help would be appreciated.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Haha, they don't tell us anything! We know as much as all you in this thread. It's very frustrating because we're desperate to write about PS5, but we've mostly been feeding on scraps for the entire year.
Damn yeah it sucks because you all don't have many trade shows, that's why those are important to form all the connections with people that's kinda sucky right now.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
oh I didn't know, thank you very much for the clarification <3

You're welcome!

When you go to create a thread on either side of the forum at the top left there's a bar labeled "Prefix"

Example-1.png

If you click on it it brings up the list of tags you can add to the thread you're making if it falls in any of those specific categories.

Example-2.png

It's a completely optional but useful option.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
is sony marketing really not doing anything to hype things up for the ps5 expecting the ps5 to 'hype itself'?

the 'lets be honest' tweet is the last pr communication from them (in english at least).

seriously what's up with PlayStation PR and marketing since their 'globalization initiative'? Isn't that initiative supposed to make PR and marketing more consistent and faster? instead all we got so far is 'foot in mouth' situations and non responding robotic communication seemingly spouted from a chat bot than a real person.

There's a reason why that 'lets be honest' tweet is surprise to many because it's the first since the longest time their official twitter account is seemingly written like it's by a person rather than a chatbot.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I think all good sony rumours ending up being about MS, in this case PS5's teardown is going to be XSXs teardown 💀💀💀
Unless Sony is starting to send PS5's soon, yes, there is going to be that stuff with Japanese youtubers, but who knows that this is going to be about.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
is sony marketing really not doing anything to hype things up for the ps5 expecting the ps5 to 'hype itself'?

The engagement has been off the scale this year, so it's hard to say they've done a bad job. They clearly know what they're doing. And they've effectively sold out of pre-orders, so in a way, their job is kinda done.

Having said that, there's obviously a LOT they still need to talk about -- things I'd expected us to know months and months and months ago.

I guess the one advantage to how they've been doing things is that they still have so many big things to talk about that when they do eventually speak again, assuming it's good news, there's going to be a real avalanche of hype through to launch.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, new Xbox readying their hands-on previews while PS5 will gonna do UI yet. 😄
www.resetera.com

Looks like PS5 hands-on are starting (Japanese Youtubers/Vtubers will get to try PS5 on the YouTube Gaming Week)

Machine translation, I'd really appreciate if a japanese speaker could confirm if this is accurate: Source It's only a matter of time before this becomes more common. I hope we get to see the UI and the actual PS5 experience soon.

Oct 25, 2017

the 'lets be honest' tweet is the last pr communication from them (in english at least).

seriously what's up with PlayStation PR and marketing since their 'globalization initiative'? Isn't that initiative supposed to make PR and marketing more consistent and faster? instead all we got so far is 'foot in mouth' situations and non responding robotic communication seemingly spouted from a chat bot than a real person.

There's a reason why that 'lets be honest' tweet is surprise to many because it's the first since the longest time their official twitter account is seemingly written like it's by a person rather than a chatbot.

they have been marketing the hell out of it. During sports events, commercials etc

vash1122

Oct 27, 2017
A UI overview would definitely be welcomed. I'm curious if they'll integrate more music services. Doubt it though...

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
The engagement has been off the scale this year, so it's hard to say they've done a bad job. They clearly know what they're doing. And they've effectively sold out of pre-orders, so in a way, their job is kinda done.

Having said that, there's obviously a LOT they still need to talk about -- things I'd expected us to know months and months and months ago.

I guess the one advantage to how they've been doing things is that they still have so many big things to talk about that when they do eventually speak again, assuming it's good news, there's going to be a real avalanche of hype through to launch.

PS5 is not available for pre-order in latam yet, not that we matter that much lol but economy here is so bad that everyone is kinda looking at game pass as the only alternative to keep playing in the future, it doesn't matter if they like the games or not anymore it's almost the only way to play for a lot of people.

Oct 27, 2017

I think the tweet is a surprise because most weren't expecting Sony to acknowledge the chaos of pre-ordering the console, also almost every single one of their PS5 tweets has gotten a lot of likes, so it's not surprising for people to like a tweet saying they will still have a chance to preorder before launch.
Besides they have been marketing the PS5 a lot for months now. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they don't exist.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
A State of Play for just UI seems wasted & short.

It's ought to have more like how Backward-Compatible works, Create button on DualSense, other features, etc.

But you know what?

This is Sony we're talking about here.

They might just do UI only in freaking State of Play episode.

/half s

The amazing thing is to think that Sony may let YouTubers reveal the UI and its features instead of them doing it. I hope I'm wrong tho...
I repeat myself half sarcastically & jokingly...

Yes.

They might as well do that, lol.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
So I was wondering why Demon Souls isn't available for digital pre-order yet and I guess the answer is obvious. Guess they don't want people loading a PS5 game on PS4, when it's not playable on that console. Does kinda suck though that if you don't order the disk, you have to wait until you get your PS5 to preorder.
"Digital Pre-ordering"....Now that's something I have never and will never understand. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

Does pre-ordering digitally mean you can get the game earlier than everyone else? Or get it when it launches, and if that's the case, then how is it any different from just "buying" the game before it launches so you can pre-load it and access it once the launch timer runs out. Oh... this is assuming you have the console of course, but right now, anyone that "digitally pre-orders" a PS5 game, will still have to wait for the PS5 to come and then download it lol. Digital content doesn't go out of stock.
Sony buying ubisoft and then not releasing on xbox means downsizing/closing studios. Doesnt make sense
How so?
Can't believe they haven't shown the UI yet. At this point I'm thinking of just going in completely blind haha. It'll be my first console I havent touched or used before getting...
I can't believe it either. Can't even believe that the closest we have cometo seeing the actualconsole in through leaks. And frompictures that doesn't actually do the console any justice. I would think sony would have wanted to get ahead of stuff like that too.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017

That's been disappointing from Sony for a few years now. They use to have a face with Shu, Jack, somewhat halfway through Shawn tenure, but PR put a stranglehold on that. I don't really like that approach and Jim Ryan isn't really a likeable guy as he is the only face from Playstation.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Marketing has done it's job really well PR on the other hand could be much better .
PR does effect marketing but sometimes not by a lot .
I expect Sony will hype things more but i wondering if they will do it closer to the console launch date .

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018

the actual launch is mid-november, we are at end-september now. That makes October tbe only full month to do anything which u gotta ask, why can't they any pre-hype earlier. In fact, what's up with the 'secrecy' behind the entire ps5 project? Every vibe about tbe ps5 projected from sony seems to be of secrecy which i can understand if it's still a year from launch, but we are talking about a month here, especially when their competitor just did a 'show hand'.

The inability to adapt and stubbornly sticking to the original strategy is not a good reflection of a flexible corporation lead by an adaptable CEO.

Just my 2cents but the 'globalization' initiative done by sony a few years back doesn't seems to have benefitted them in terms of marketing. Every sony pr and communication is now so sterile and bot like.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
People have very short memory spans; If Sony is indeed waiting to go into many more deep dives and specifics during October, I believe it's a win over Xbox. The Xbox team have been doing a fantastic job doling out good information over time, but if Sony crams everything in a short frame, then top of mind will ultimately win.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Damn guess ill have to get that ultimate edition for spider-man.

Really weird for them not to even offer a separate option to buy it.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Teardown is imminent, I can feel it from the loose screw in my head that's tingling.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017

That's the version I plan to get whenever I do get the game. Never played the original Spiderman game for PS4 and while I know it's being added to the PS+ collection everything I hear about the remaster of it, it seems like it's a pretty substantial update at that.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

I could see that coming later .
Still i wondering if this on Sony or Marvel or both that people don't get a upgrade .
Guess we will know more when we find out about there other games like GOT or TLOU 2 .

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Sony must have a SoP soon right?
We haven't seen the UI and barely seen the launch games.
Honestly, I don't get sony at all here... there are seven weeks fromnow to the PS5 launch, count out the last week of that period because that's when the media would be most likely doing their own handsown reviews after receiving their review units. So 6 weks.

Week 1 : UI reveal SOP
Week 2: SM:MM SOP
Week 3 : Demons souls SOP
Week 4: Sackboy & Demolition SOP
Week 5: BC and PS5 features breakdown SOP
Week 6: Official unboxing and teardown with in-depth talk on design SOP

Done. They have stuff to cover and spread out every single week romnow tl the console releases. But noooooooooo...

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
People have very short memory spans; If Sony is indeed waiting to go into many more deep dives and specifics during October, I believe it's a win over Xbox. The Xbox team have been doing a fantastic job doling out good information over time, but if Sony crams everything in a short frame, then top of mind will ultimately win.
I think that also depends how much details Sony going to give on their future deep-dives.

Imagine if somewhat unclear, misunderstood messages like that Backward-Compatible post on PSBLOG awhile back...

And we're not talking about FUDs, spins, etc, yet either...

s y

Nov 8, 2017
So if you buy the PS4 version of miles

You get the ps5 upgrade for miles for free

But you have to rebuy Miles on Ps5 for $70 In order to get the remastered version of the original game

Wow

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017

But you have to rebuy Miles on Ps5 for $70 In order to get the remastered version of the original game

Wow
There is an upgrade for miles to ultimate edition if you just bought the ps4 version.

Oct 25, 2017
That's been disappointing from Sony for a few years now. They use to have a face with Shu, Jack, somewhat halfway through Shawn tenure, but PR put a stranglehold on that. I don't really like that approach and Jim Ryan isn't really a likeable guy as he is the only face from Playstation.

marketing isn't just tweeting though. As I've said they shown commercials, I'm always seeing them on twitch, YouTube etc and you seem them during sporting events.

Oct 24, 2019
Sony must have a SoP soon right?
We haven't seen the UI and barely seen the launch games.

My wild guess is we might get a SoP every week through end of Sept - October to keep up maximum hype/exposure for PlayStation 5 til launch:

1 SoP for UI showcase and teardown (end of Sept)
1 SoP dedicated exclusively to Demon's Souls gameplay
1 SoP dedicated exclusively to Miles Morales gameplay
1 SoP split between Sackboy & Destruction AllStars gameplay
1 SoP with a Halloween theme that's dedicated to third party/indie horror games (Resi 8, Quantum Error, etc.) and ending with Silent Hill reveal

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wow
I know right? So weird. And it fucking sucks.The upgrade for the OG Spider-Man game should be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.