• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
User Banned (3 Days) - Platform Warring
The corporate shilling is about to be insane this week with Xbox sending out consoles.

giphy.gif

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When you don't bother to add a small 10sec slide during your own event to clarify PS4 BC, you should expect that people are confused about this
What was there to clarify?

The only need to clarify is if there would be caveats/ exceptions or a weird process.
It seems like
fa0.jpg

(Too soon to joke about this?)

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Same value than Bethesda. But for Sony it will be better to focus on japanese publishers imo

Actually strategically, Sony doesn't need to worry about Japanese publishers right now because no one would buy them (MS, Google or other western companies)

They could acquire western ones for now since MS wouldn't be able to buy Japanese companies from what i can tell (some Japanese law that's been going on for a while that doesn't allow for foreign takeovers like that...unless i'm misunderstanding it).

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Actually strategically, Sony doesn't need to worry about Japanese publishers right now because no one would buy them (MS, Google or other western companies)

They could acquire western ones for now since MS wouldn't be able to buy Japanese companies from what i can tell (some Japanese law that's been going on for a while that doesn't allow for foreign takeovers like that...unless i'm misunderstanding it).
Ubisoft is a crazy juggernaut 18k employees wtf is that? They can create like 30 Studios with this hahahaha

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Ubisoft is a crazy juggernaut 18k employees wtf is that? They can create like 30 Studios with this hahahaha
Yeah it would be stupid as hell to buy that company. That's A SHIT load of people to acquire.

that's the thing with acquisitions. It's not just the IP. It's ALL the people now under your purview.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

We'll see. Microsoft has been looking for japanes partners for quite a while now wouldn't surprise me if they somehow sort that out.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wonder if Sony will also send PS5 units out to media, as they can't really do preview events anymore. I also wonder if the media has to return those Xbox units once they're done.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I assume so as well more so just pondering the humor of sabotaged photo shoots. Now im curious why it changed to the create button again.

I'm going to have to take a bunch of photomode screenshots of the various ways I die as it'll be a lot.

I hope it's only accessible in NG+. Otherwise, I feel like, you'd be able to cheese your way through the game.

Oh? How do you mean?

It's so sad that Game Republic had to close its doors. I often wonder if Folklore would have done better if it released a little further along in the PS3's life cycle, when the install base matured more.

Honestly, I think the art direction holds up pretty well still! I think the stylized look of the main characters, and the "Jim Henson Creature Shop" feel of the Folks could scale up nicely. Really only some environmental textures would need touch ups. The game had a very fairy tale book look to it that I think it would be beautiful if remastered. It's definitely never going to happen, unfortunately :(

And yeah, I actually checked PS Now the other day to see if they had added the Ratchet and Clank Collection, and it wasn't there! Major bummer, unless we get a surprise PS5 re-release, then it's all good. lol

That's what I wondered too. The game released before the PS3 ever got it's first price cut and during the time the 360 was in it's peak years. If it had released in 2009/2010 it might have been a different case.

That's what I loved most about it, the fairy book aesthetic and charm. Unfortunately that seems to be the case.

Loved Folklore so much! Allways wanted a sequel or a remaster to the game!! And yeah it seems to be forgotten and will never come back :(

It's a really shame the studio was closed down :(
And i agree that if the game was released further + better marketing it could have been a success.

Yeah =/ maybe one day but it's unfortunately unlikely to ever happen.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I wonder if Sony will also send PS5 units out to media, as they can't really do preview events anymore. I also wonder if the media has to return those Xbox units once they're done.

I sure hope so! People are complaining in this thread for some reason, but Microsoft's marketing for this week has been on point.

I'm sure Sony has something planned, but it's always a bummer to see an entire week focused on just one piece of hardware because the other is just silent.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
You should reach out. I think this is probably what will happen in oct for them. I'd says so. Ryan M. On ign kind of alluded to that.
fixed that for ya

Plus EU commision would have a word with buyer without any doubt.
You are absolutely right. This is why people looking at acquisitions as slam dunks really don't know just what a nightmare it is to integrate a large swath of people, vs growing organically.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Can't believe they haven't shown the UI yet. At this point I'm thinking of just going in completely blind haha. It'll be my first console I havent touched or used before getting...

Brees2Thomas

Dec 27, 2019
So I was wondering why Demon Souls isn't available for digital pre-order yet and I guess the answer is obvious. Guess they don't want people loading a PS5 game on PS4, when it's not playable on that console. Does kinda suck though that if you don't order the disk, you have to wait until you get your PS5 to preorder.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully we see the UI soon along with videos of cold booting and jumping straight into a game, I'm really interested in seeing that SSD speed
That's the one thing I think they are gonna shock people with. Like. They aimed to have the system load 2GB of data in .27 seconds. The cold boots and switching is going to be on some mobile phone shit speed wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.