• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for confirmation whether I get a PS5 near launch or not. I had a reservation (earlier this year) to one place but got information that I won't get it at launch so I cancelled it. I pre-ordered it from another place and I'm hoping this one sticks. 🤞 But I was at work while the pre-orders opened and I made the order a few hours later so... 😬
I guess you live in the US? Good luck tho ^_^

Jan 20, 2019
I try, but it's impossible to ignore. Especially here. And I have no doubt that the PS5 would do well. Just feel that this "noise" can better be contained as opossed to allowing it poison every single thread on ERA (exaggeration, but you get my point).

I don't have a people problem. But I believe the Playtaton OT thread is to talk about playstatio, the studios they have and or upcoming games. And yes, any new piece of Plystation rlated news that coes up.

However, this thread and the end of that las one ws over run by talking about aquisition and talk about buying thsi and that. That's all wlland god if its news,but I don't believe its the kinda topi that should be sustained through out the thread. I doubt ayoe came ino the PS OT thread to read about almost nothing but talk about aquisitions and how doomed sony is if they don't buy capcom or SE.

Long story short, acquisition talk i literally derailing this thread. Theere should just be a thread for that kinda talk. Simple as that. those people that wanna talk about stuff like that? Go there... people that wanna talk about the upcoming PS5 games and news related to the upcoming PS5 release can stay here.

It is realated to PlayStation studios.

Go there... people that wanna talk about the upcoming PS5 games and news related to the upcoming PS5 release can stay here.

But there are no news, like none. What are we suppose to talk about?

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Again why are you trying to pretend that this is a Sony or all thier games are 69.99? thing its truly is strange

Because not everyone lives in the USA. I live in Europe where their games are 80 euros. No one else is doing it. This means we'll have special editions at 90 or even 100 euros.
So no...my reaction isn't strange at all.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Me checking my PS5 preorder on a daily basis:

giphy.gif
lol. same here.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Man the Sega rumor sucks. Losing Zenimax didn't affect me much, I do like their games, but never a day 1 game for me so I can wait until discount or when I upgrade pc eventually.

But losing Sega would be a big deal, especially Persona and Yakuza games. I hope it's not true

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Because not everyone lives in the USA. I live in Europe where their games are 80 euros. No one else is doing it. This means we'll have special editions at 90 or even 100 euros.
So no...my reaction isn't strange at all.

By the end of 2021 you can expect every game to be 80€.

EA is making Battlefield 6 exclusively for next-gen targeting Fall 2021, so does the new NFS game by Criterion and they will charge €79,99.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's just like, your opinion, man!

I agree though, but I hope they don't buy Squeenix, unless they don't intend to take away their stuff from Switch users, because that'd suck. Same goes for Capcom. But obviously that'd be very unlikely, then again they aren't in the Game Pass business yet, so they wouldn't want to burn all that cash from lost sales to Nintendo, just because they highly subsidize a service until it becomes viable.

The only reason I'd want them to buy these kind of publishers, is so that MS, Amazon etc. doesn't get them first, man this is all just so stupid.

Sony, I'd like to know now, if we'll get some free PS5 upgrades for Tsushima and Part II, as I still haven't started playing any of these gems.
It is what it is. This is a buyers market now. An arms race between some gigantic companies. The war (in this industry) in on now. If Sony doesn't do it, others will do it. So I hope Sony does it. It's my #1 gaming platform. My favourite one since 1995. The gaming platform that made videogames "mainstream" in the 90s. To survive, stay on top, keep their marketshare, they need to grow. A lot.
So yeah, let's see what happens.
Let Sony acquire Square-Enix, rename "Eidos-Montreal" to "Psygnosis" and let them make new Colony Wars, Rollcage and G-Police games 😁👍

Oct 25, 2017
A timeline where we get Demon's Souls 2 & Bloodborne 2 would be pretty fucking weird lol.
For PlanetSmasher's sake, I hope Sony partners with FromSoftware for Bloodborne 2. Sony gotta know that a lot of people are asking for it.
Does Amazon Germany ship to Finland? If you have issues, wait until Amazon Germany's second pre-order wave starts and order from them :P
Hmm maybe. I've noticed that they don't ship every product here for some reason but there could be a chance for this. A good tip, thanks!

Tupac_Senpai

Jan 5, 2020
I want PlayStation Now news.

If Sony rolls into next gen with zero plans for PS Now, then they have completely lost touch with reality. What is so frustrating about Sony's lack of response to Gamepass is the simple fact that they have a service that they could EASILY be turned into Gamepass competitive if they so chose.

But I get, it wouldn't work for their current business model and they don't have the type of "fuck you" money that MS has that will allow them to eat the initial losses like that. But Sony would be a fool if they don't think Gamepass and services like it is the Future of Gaming.

The bare minimum I was expecting for PS Now going into next gen was ALL games (including PS3) would be downloadable. If Sony can't even give its consumers that, then PS Now will continue to be a non-factor. And for fuck sake, MAKET that thing lol.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
It is what it is. This is a buyers market now. An arms race between some gigantic companies. The war (in this industry) in on now. If Sony doesn't do it, others will do it. So I hope Sony does it. It's my #1 gaming platform. My favourite one since 1995. The gaming platform that made videogames "mainstream" in the 90s. To survive, stay on top, keep their marketshare, they need to grow. A lot.
So yeah, let's see what happens.

Let Sony acquire Square-Enix, rename "Eidos-Montreal" to "Psygnosis" and let them make new Colony Wars, Rollcage and G-Police games 😁👍

Man you know how to talk to me, let's do this!!1 Seriously though, I'd rather Bluepoint work on Colony Wars, they'd hit it out of the park I'm sure and it would allow them to dip their toes into VR! Win/win.

But yeah, it is what it is, Pandora's Box is open yet again.

We used to talk about how cool it'd be if Sony had dedicated devs to bring back old games from their PS1/PS2 glory days, just like it happened with Crash and Spyro. These games wouldn't need huge teams and huge budgets, but they would fit nicely in between the big AAA games and would heavily weigh in on the nostalgia feels of old gamers.

Obviously Colony Wars would spearhead that initiative, followed by Ape Escape, G-Police, Alundra, Arc the Lad etc. etc.

Jan 20, 2019
To be honest, I rather talk about paint dry than see one more post about how many studios MS has and how sony is in trouble if they don't do this or that.

Dont worry, we just had a 30 pages discuss last OT about nutella im sure next week you will be able to talk about paint dry.

PS5 wil be the most succesful console coming years. Era / gamers just a weird tone of conversation.

We dont know that.

CanisMajoris

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Then they close up shop! It was a good run.

Damn. Knew they had nothing else to offer.

But seriously, everyone talks about this rather specific "amazing first year" at this point. I'm sure it's great but investing in PlayStation (or in any other platform) should be a long term commitment, people should be confident that their platform of choice has an exciting and healthy outlook for years to come.

I guess we'll see what moves Sony plans to make to stay on top. It would be very disappointing if they mess up and can't keep up with competition.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Losing Bethesda would have sucked 5+ years ago. They're a shadow of their former selves right now. Hopefully MS can manage them better.

I am pretty sure we will see a correction in game pricing this generation as well as enhancements to PSNow. The pressure is just too strong with Gamepass existing.

Only bought one Bethesda game this gen (Fallout 4) and was really disappointed in it overall. Rented The Evil Within and was further reminded that I'm just not a huge Mikami fan. He has good ideas but, outside of Resident Evil 1, I've never liked his execution of said ideas. I'm mediocre at FPS, so DOOM's resurgence wasn't for me. I have no interest in their online endeavors (ES Online & Fallout 76). I was pretty surprised after the insane success of Skyrim that we didn't get ESVI during this entire generation... and it could still be upwards of 3-5 years off.

Looking forward to see what kind of additional life, if any, MS can inject into Bethesda as a developer- but as much as I appreciate the size & importance of this acquisition, it really has little impact on me personally right now.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
Tbh I was so sure about picking up PS5 but with the MS Bethesda announcement and them actually sticking to their word on things I may just cancel my order and go MS this gen.
Anyone else feel let down by Sony and not that great about what's been happening?

And I'm a die-hard Sony fan just btw.

Honestly feeling the same way to a certain extent. Die-hard PlayStation fan here but the way Sony has handled the whole next-gen thing has left me unsatisfied. Drawing everything out too long, not being transparent, hidden negative details in blog posts and tweets after events, lots of unanswered questions, uncertainty about free PS5 upgrades for past PS4 first party titles such as Spider-Man: Remastered, the price hike (especially here in EU, 80EUR for a game is ridiculous) and just a general worry that arrogant Sony could possibly be back has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

I am still getting the PS5 because I can't miss the exclusives... but I'm getting a Series X on Day 1 too and have stacked 3 years of Gamepass. I'll be strongly considering XSX for Multiplatform purchases going forward - having already pre-ordered a few there. I don't know, I was considering it even before Bethesda but that was an enormous statement of intent by Microsoft... every passing day I'm getting more and more convinced that Microsoft will deliver on their promises this time and I'm getting won over by their Gamepass vision. I hope that Microsoft can keep Sony on their toes at least!

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

But seriously, everyone talks about this rather specific "amazing first year" at this point. I'm sure it's great but investing in PlayStation (or in any other platform) should be a long term commitment, people should be confident that their platform of choice has an exciting and healthy outlook for years to come.

I guess we'll see what moves Sony plans to make to stay on top. It would be very disappointing if they mess up and can't keep up with competition.
Yep. It's 2020. And new gen is almost here. They need to look at 2020-2030 and beyond. Time to grow and invest. The competition is stronger than ever before.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

Why would they just lay all their cards out on the table? thats dumb. Look at what they are doing with their console and their lineup for the first year and take a wild guess that they arent playing around on the games front. Xbox has yet to show the future promises and people give them all the credit, while sony is showing present promise already. Its so wild to me how some of you say well what about the rest of the years, but then dont ask well what about xbox today which has yet to still deliver on anything but current gen games playable on their next gen system only.

a lot of yall are getting intoxicated with potential while not looking at whats right in front of you right now. lol

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017

This is their fifth console generation in-coming. Sony has proven, since 1995, that they can consistently put out great consoles and stack them with compelling software not just for a couple years, but for the duration of a console's life. Even beyond.

This concern is just baffling to me.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017

The first 12 months are just more solidified, and that's relatively speaking (COVID). But they're not sitting around the offices staring at walls all day lol. They'll do everything in their power to continue the course and will adapt like always, don't worry.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Man the Sega rumor sucks. Losing Zenimax didn't affect me much, I do like their games, but never a day 1 game for me so I can wait until discount or when I upgrade pc eventually.

But losing Sega would be a big deal, especially Persona and Yakuza games. I hope it's not true

What rumors ?
Them making a deal with Sega , if they were buying them we would here something because Sega public .

Yep. It's 2020. And new gen is almost here. They need to look at 2020-2030 and beyond. Time to grow and invest. The competition is stronger than ever before.

Still by now you should know what to expect from Sony in some ways in term of software and support .
The question is how much more they will add to it and not if they will .

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020

Sony used to get killed for announcing games too early. So they come out and only show games coming out within the first year of the console that blow everyones minds and yet you are now concerned they haven't shown enough games that are further away?

Has the content they just put out over the course of the PS4 not done enough to give you confidence in their first party lineup? It's not like they just lost a bunch of first party studios.

I'm seeing people saying oh i need to switch my PS5 pre-order to Microsoft because of the announcement. Unless i am mistaken, one of the consoles first year is full of first party games while the other one doesn't have most of their first party titles coming until like 2022? We literally haven't seen as single game run on the Series X but people are worried about the games on PS5? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.