• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else having trouble finding excitement for games on current gen now? We're so darn close that I just wanna put console gaming on hold till November.

I think Mafia Remake is going to be the last game I buy for PS4. And maybe Nier Automata since that one is on sale now. After that I'm done buying games for PS4.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Sony is expanding their studios though.
They now have multiple studios working on more than 1 project at a time. Insomniac is the first one we know that is doing that (Miles Morales and Ratchet & Clank).
They also opened a studio that is yet to be revealed.
They have multiple 3rd party deals as well.

We also know Sony IS looking for new acquisitions. They said so themselves.

They will be fine.
Insomniac has been able to focus on more than one project since at least the PS3 generation since they have, what, at least two completely separate full-sized studios in different locations & have had such for a decade if not more. That's not a new thing.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe gamepass will stay with these prices on long term but I can be wrong. I think when people will be on board price will start to go up.

Other thing I don't like on gamepass model is that besides Microsoft content everything stays there just for a time period(rdr2 stayed less than 6 months)
Yeah eventually the value will be too great and like Netflix they can bump up the price.

Imagine if they got Sega and put the entire Sega back catalogue on there too boot? From the master system to the Dreamcast and beyond.

Even without doing that by the time Elder Scrolls and the next FallOut arrive, MS can choose to bump the price up of GP.

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool
The thing Sony is doing completely wrong is the price increase in games.

MS now has a $300 new console with gamepass and Sony now has their 1st party games at 80€ for a single new game in Europe.

For now it's okay...but it could be a tough pill to swallow if Gamepass starts having 3rd party games in there from day one.
If you knew how much these games cost, you'd understand this increase in the price.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Me checking my PS5 preorder on a daily basis:

giphy.gif
fzja.gif

Well worth the 550 Euros 😍

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Insomniac has been able to focus on more than one project since at least the PS3 generation since they have, what, at least two completely separate full-sized studios in different locations & have had such for a decade if not more. That's not a new thing.
This isn't really true. It's different. Insomniac's James already explained it a little bit here:

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Just bought 13 Sentinels, so the last PS4 game for me will be Crash 4. After that it's wait for the PS5.

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Ok... this is a serious question.

Why is it that at the start of EVERY new generation, the PlayStation is ALWAYS in trouble and is always just one step away from being out of the industry?

Like, how can a company so consistently be in trouble and how can whateer else its competition is doing always be so good and guaranteed to win the industry while Playstation fades away.or has only so far managed to win by chance. I mean now a company that somehow manages to churn out at least 2 first party AAA exclusives/year doesn't have enough?

Not gonna lie, this thread is really kind sad or depressing to read. I think the mods should outright make talking about possible acquisitions be bannable in this thread, and someone can open an acquisitions thread to talk about that knda stuff there.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
as long as we keep having TLOU2, God of War and Horizon tier games, fucking yes i'm paying 70$ to Sony.

also this is only if you need to jump on launch as sony games usually don't take long to get deals and price drops.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
My bigger concern is that Bioware might end up under Microsoft. They had a terrible generation and I can see EA wanting to unload them after the Anthem / Andromeda fiascos. The remasters seems like a last ditch effort to make money on the ME franchise.
Oh the remasters aren't a last ditch effort...

Why is it that at the start of EVERY new generation, the PlayStation is ALWAYS in trouble and is always just one step away from being out of the industry?

Like, how can a company so consistently be in trouble and how can whateer else its competition is doing always be so good and guaranteed to win the industry while Playstation fades away.or has only so far managed to win by chance. I mean now a company that somehow manages to churn out at least 2 first party AAA exclusives/year doesn't have enough?

Not gonna lie, this thread is really kind sad or depressing to read. I think the mods should outright make talking about possible acquisitions be bannable in this thread, and someone can open an acquisitions thread to talk about that knda stuff there.
Try to ignore the noise. The PS5 is going to have a killer first year :)

Jan 20, 2019

What is your peopel problem with other peopel discussing this things? Why does it bother you so much?

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017

Because some people have a serious issue putting things into perspective and are reactionary. This applies to both sides.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Received an email yesterday from Amazon regarding my PS5 orders. At first I thought they canceled them :P
But they told me I need to change the payment option. Instead of getting the money directly from my bank account, they want me to pay with a credit card. Weird. ..... typical Americans ;P

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
as long as we keep having TLOU2, God of War and Horizon tier games, fucking yes i'm paying 70$ to Sony.

also this is only if you need to jump on launch as sony games usually don't take long to get deals and price drops.

Yeah. It's honestly crazy to me (in a good way) that Sony drops prices on their first party games so much.

I'm not the type of person who could wait on a game like God of War, but I do feel jealous seeing it go on sale for like $10.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't really true. It's different. Insomniac's James already explained it a little bit here:
They might've had to support each other when needed & moved people between projects, but Insomniac has been working on multiple projects simultaneously for a long time. This Miles Morales/Ratchet PS5 situation is hardly new.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Yeah. It's honestly crazy to me (in a good way) that Sony drops prices on their first party games so much.

I'm not the type of person who could wait on a game like God of War, but I do feel jealous seeing it go on sale for like $10.

yep, there's a few games - usually Santa Monica and Naughty Dog - that i absolute have to play day one, but most others i just wait on crazy deals on PSN, it's really no rocket sciente. the market is big enough to allow Sony insane profits with 2 months of full price and crazy deals after.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
Anyone else having trouble finding excitement for games on current gen now? We're so darn close that I just wanna put console gaming on hold till November.

I've been feeling this way. I've got Crash 4 and Star Wars Squadrons coming next Friday and I'm thinking about not bothering with them until PS5. I'm playing Super Mario 3D All Stars right now anyway, so it could happen.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They might've had to support each other when needed & moved people between projects, but Insomniac has been working on multiple projects simultaneously for a long time. This Miles Morales/Ratchet PS5 situation is hardly new.
True. But as you can see, they do not have two full-sized studios or teams.

bi0g3n3sis

Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Tbh I was so sure about picking up PS5 but with the MS Bethesda announcement and them actually sticking to their word on things I may just cancel my order and go MS this gen.
Anyone else feel let down by Sony and not that great about what's been happening?

And I'm a die-hard Sony fan just btw.
I will cancel mine, I have to go to store to finalize it. And bought a the series X.
Never had a non Sony console, but the gamepass and Sony not respond to it, instead they make the games more expensive. It's like they are in their shell and believe that no player will move from the playstation, they will react when they felt the loss but XBox its better prepared that the 360/PS3 generation.
Since the gamepass appear I looked at it with some envy.

And had to eat some crow, Yakuza, FF , Kingdom Hearts games were on the offer, meanwhile I bought some of them in PS. Sony made a segment of untitled goose game on SOP , and the game went day one to gamepass. With Bhestheda, and having already inxile, obsidian, rare, the proposition is to good to pass.

in Xbox they talk of game upgrades and all will be free, on PS we know that almost everygame runs, but they run like they run on the PRo, Better? Whouldn't be gennius to upgrade the flagship First party games for free. If i knowed that I would play the remastered (never thought it would be a thing on PS4 games with the BC) Spiderman , Tlous 2 with better graphics and at, 60 FPS, same for Horizon, GoT, etc I would be egger to get the chance to play it on PS5, but instead sony made the remaster I full price game and is sillent on the others..

t was difficult to me to make the decision, I was invested on Sony FP games and on ecosystem, I have Plus until end of 2022, and had some hope that Sony would do a service revamp and merge, I bought the 12 months on last Days of Play. It was a bet on a move like MS were we could pay 1$ to turn it on the new service...

Just to summarize , the silence, the last PS5 event (and that post show) put me on alert , the acquisition of Bhestheda was the cataclysm for the change. IF I have time and need I will buy a PS5 in the end of generation to play the FP games of the generation.

I think that the user migration will be significant.

Well, on the contrary, i've canceled XSX preorder last night because MSs purchase.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it, at least TLOU info should come in on saturday.

The console is releasing in 1 month and half and there is still so many thinks to see, not quit sure why they are delayed it so much.
We are in the middle of a pandemic which they said many times have being a massive challenge and it obvious they are following a plan are we really going to start this cycle again?

bi0g3n3sis

Banned
Aug 10, 2020
The thing Sony is doing completely wrong is the price increase in games.

MS now has a $300 new console with gamepass and Sony now has their 1st party games at 80€ for a single new game in Europe.

For now it's okay...but it could be a tough pill to swallow if Gamepass starts having 3rd party games in there from day one.

3rd party devs also increased prices of their games. Sony isn't alone in this

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

What was Insomniac focused on when they were doing the first Spider-Man?

If you knew how much these games cost, you'd understand this increase in the price.

So MS games don't cost that much?

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Its the same at the start of every single gen with it comes to Sony.

Oct 25, 2017
Received an email yesterday from Amazon regarding my PS5 orders. At first I thought they canceled them :P
But they told me I need to change the payment option. Instead of getting the money directly from my bank account, they want me to pay with a credit card. Weird. ..... typical Americans ;P
Meanwhile I'm still waiting for confirmation whether I get a PS5 near launch or not. I had a reservation (earlier this year) to one place but got information that I won't get it at launch so I cancelled it. I pre-ordered it from another place and I'm hoping this one sticks. 🤞 But I was at work while the pre-orders opened and I made the order a few hours later so... 😬

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
Oh the remasters aren't a last ditch effort...

Try to ignore the noise. The PS5 is going to have a killer first year :)
I try, but it's impossible to ignore. Especially here. And I have no doubt that the PS5 would do well. Just feel that this "noise" can better be contained as opossed to allowing it poison every single thread on ERA (exaggeration, but you get my point).
What is your peopel problem with other peopel discussing this things? Why does it bother you so much?
I don't have a people problem. But I believe the Playtaton OT thread is to talk about playstatio, the studios they have and or upcoming games. And yes, any new piece of Plystation rlated news that coes up.

However, this thread and the end of that las one ws over run by talking about aquisition and talk about buying thsi and that. That's all wlland god if its news,but I don't believe its the kinda topi that should be sustained through out the thread. I doubt ayoe came ino the PS OT thread to read about almost nothing but talk about aquisitions and how doomed sony is if they don't buy capcom or SE.

Long story short, acquisition talk i literally derailing this thread. Theere should just be a thread for that kinda talk. Simple as that. those people that wanna talk about stuff like that? Go there... people that wanna talk about the upcoming PS5 games and news related to the upcoming PS5 release can stay here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
So MS games don't cost that much?

Not all games have the same budget and the same works for every publisher.

Halo Infinite is a >$100m game but something like Ori 2 does not.
The Last of Us 2 is also a >$100m game but Sackboy's Adventure does not.
Jimbo said that their games cost more than 100m USD, but i don't expect EVERY Sony 1st party to have this budget for example.

And the same goes for a lot of publishers, the $100m budget is a standard for the top "AAA" production, but not all "AAA" games cost the same.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Summary: Sony needs more 1st party studios.
That's basically it ;)

That's just like, your opinion, man!

I agree though, but I hope they don't buy Squeenix, unless they don't intend to take away their stuff from Switch users, because that'd suck. Same goes for Capcom. But obviously that'd be very unlikely, then again they aren't in the Game Pass business yet, so they wouldn't want to burn all that cash from lost sales to Nintendo, just because they highly subsidize a service until it becomes viable.

The only reason I'd want them to buy these kind of publishers, is so that MS, Amazon etc. doesn't get them first, man this is all just so stupid.

Sony, I'd like to know now, if we'll get some free PS5 upgrades for Tsushima and Part II, as I still haven't started playing any of these gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.