• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Here we are talking about Sony being reactionary and bolstering PS content, yet in actuality they might be putting BB on PC.

lol
Also apparently its mark cerny working on it. Potentially koji productions and Bluepoint too. Imagine Sony investing all those resources into a game that will also come to PC. I am actually really lost regarding their vision for the future. Their lineup is stellar but they should be incentivizing buyers to buy ps5 with the work on all their first party titles. Ps4 games with enhancements are also a huge draw to those who skipped the ps4.

W/e tho sony be sony

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let me be clear: I'm not arguing that Sony doesn't need to drastically expand their first party studio operations. All I'm saying is that acquiring major publishers doesn't have to be the way to accomplish that goal. So far it has happened a grand total of one (1) time.
And it will happen in the (near) future. Those big dogs like Tencent, Amazon, Google, Facebook, hell maybe even Apple are ready. Then there is still MS. Now is the time.
I'm normally positive about most things but when Sony is quiet for too long about certain things I start to get worried there's some bad with the good lol.
Do you guys think that maybe we haven't gotten full details about the UI is because it might be bare bones again like PS4 UI at launch? Where we'll have to wait for updates on some features.
Nah. The UI will be fine.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
200.gif

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
SIE needs to grow, I was saying this before Bethesda and now it's even a more crucial. Buying a publisher? Not necessarily, they can buy multiple studios instead.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Also apparently its mark cerny working on it. Potentially koji productions and Bluepoint too. Imagine Sony investing all those resources into a game that will also come to PC. I am actually really lost regarding their vision for the future. Their lineup is stellar but they should be incentivizing buyers to buy ps5 with the work on all their first party titles. Ps4 games with enhancements are also a huge draw to those who skipped the ps4.

W/e tho sony be sony

I really don't see an MGS1 remake being a thing with Twin Snakes existing
I also really don't see Bluepoint being a realistic studio to handle the assload of cinematics and performance capture, even if they did the HD collection, there's nothing in their history that supports that skill
Shadow of the Colossus to Demon's Souls isn't that great a leap.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Streaming and Subscription Services only = Me becoming a retro gamer, playing on "old" consoles only.
Fuck this shit.

Well, we cook at home, but we still go to the restaurant. We watch Netflix but still go to the theater.

It's just another option to enjoy games. It will not change anything aggressively, imo.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
Any other info on his track record? Just cause the God of war reveal wasn't too hard to predict and was actually rumored by others for a bit.
Don't have a great track record IMO but i stop watching his vids when his hardware stuff was off.
Yes he doesn't seem reliable when he said that specs of the PS5 was upgraded, Matt Hargett (former PS5 Engineer) said on his twitter that people should stop listening to him.

That is the thing, it wasnt.

He has the only one saying it.
For what's it worth lot of peoples in France was expecting that God Of War will be there.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Any other info on his track record? Just cause the God of war reveal wasn't too hard to predict and was actually rumored by others for a bit.

He also claimed that Sony would use the PS5's cooling solution in marketing by saying that they made this slim console despite running at those clock speeds. And he said that there was another secret launch game for the PS5 that'd be a revival of a classic PS game and Mark Cerny would be involved with it.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting God of War to show more than what they revealed. They had a playable demo 2 years before release. So expect Horizon and GoW at TGA 👀

Pheonix

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
St Kitts
I'm normally positive about most things but when Sony is quiet for too long about certain things I start to get worried there's some bad with the good lol.
Do you guys think that maybe we haven't gotten full details about the UI is because it might be bare bones again like PS4 UI at launch? Where we'll have to wait for updates on some features.
Nope. Sony is just milking the hype as they have been doing all year. It's worked wonders for them thus far.

Sometime next week, or more likely next month we get a state of play like thing showing the UI, game switching, BC improvements, and other PS5 related features. Then sometime after that, we get an unboxing/teardown before the console actually gets to stores. And every time they do one of these things, they break twitter.

I hate it though, but only because I am excited.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Bloodborne would sell gangbusters on PC just like the rest of the Souls games, and let's be honest, only a few hardcore Souls fans would buy a PS5 just for a remastered Bloodborne.

That said, I don't think they're remastering it since they're putting the game on the PS+ PS4 collection thing. Notice they left Spider-Man off because they want people to buy the remaster.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, we cook at home, but we still go to the restaurant. We watch Netflix but still go to the theater.
It's just another option to enjoy games. It will not change anything aggressively, imo.
But I was talking about an gaming industry where we ONLY have streaming and subscription services, while consoles and physical games are dead.
--> Me becoming a retro gamer.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I really don't see an MGS1 remake being a thing with Twin Snakes existing
I also really don't see Bluepoint being a realistic studio to handle the assload of cinematics and performance capture, even if they did the HD collection, there's nothing in their history that supports that skill
Shadow of the Colossus to Demon's Souls isn't that great a leap.
Very true I thought about that as well. Also I dont think they are big enough to make two titles at once.

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Here we are talking about Sony being reactionary and bolstering PS content, yet in actuality they might be putting BB on PC.

lol
Sitting there and porting everything to pc while Microsoft secures massive amounts of exclusive content seems sadly on brand for Sony at this moment. What is the deal with this new Sony?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to take a break from TLG and continue my playthrough of Yakuza 5 that I stopped back in May.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
He also claimed that Sony would use the PS5's cooling solution in marketing by saying that they made this slim console despite running at those clock speeds. And he said that there was another secret launch game for the PS5 that'd be a revival of a classic PS game and Mark Cerny would be involved with it.
I assumed that game was the MGS remake he was taking about lol. But yeah I see your point. A little shoddy.

Kaiserstarky

Oct 30, 2017
Bloodborne would sell gangbusters on PC just like the rest of the Souls games, and let's be honest, only a few hardcore Souls fans would buy a PS5 just for a remastered Bloodborne.

That said, I don't think they're remastering it since they're putting the game on the PS+ PS4 collection thing. Notice they left Spider-Man off because they want people to buy the remaster.
Yeah Horizon is not even on this collection, i'm quite sure there gonna do the same thing that they did with Miles by having a bigger version with the first game remastered and Forbidden West.

he definitely seems unreliable, i don't see how Sony will have secret launch game. They will have announce it when showed their launch line-up.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018

Very true. I actually didn't notice that. Hmmm the plot thickens...

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still think the reason why Spider-Man isn't in the PS+ collection and why the Spider-Man Remaster isn't "free" for people who own the PS4 game is.... Marvel. They receive a cut of every copy that gets sold. And I think they are against the "free" shit. But hey, what do I know ;)

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Sitting there and porting everything to pc while Microsoft secures massive amounts of exclusive content seems sadly on brand for Sony at this moment. What is the deal with this new Sony?
Lmfao man I really hope those rumors ain't true but it seems like their track record is shoddy at best so let's wait and see

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I've never gotten a new console online. I've ALWAYS gone out and got it at midnight.

Kind of bummed I can't do that this year. Getting it delivered (HOPEFULLY on launch day; please be on launch day) just takes away some of that excitement.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
Knack is back, baby!

Speaking of Knack, I randomly jumped back into Knack 2 this past weekend and beat it.

It was actually quite fun and I forgot how many moves Knack actually has. Some of the nice forest environments are really tranquil and cute too. I think that game gets more hate than it deserves.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've never gotten a new console online. I've ALWAYS gone out and got it at midnight.

Kind of bummed I can't do that this year. Getting it delivered (HOPEFULLY on launch day; please be on launch day) just takes away some of that excitement.
This stopped for me with the PS4 generation. The PS4 was my first console I bought online. Since then, it's the way to go. Only a few clicks and a smooth delivery directly to your home. Just perfect.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
This stopped with the PS4 generation. THe PS4 was my first console I bought online. Since then, it's the way to go. Only a few clicks and a smooth delivery directly to your home. Just perfect.
I know, but there's something fun about going out, waiting with equally excited people, and getting it at midnight. Instead, waiting until an indeterminate time of the next day, I don't know. Just a little boring that way. And then outright frustrating if the delivery is delayed for some reason!

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Knack, I randomly jumped back into Knack 2 this past weekend and beat it.

It was actually quite fun and I forgot how many moves Knack actually has. Some of the nice forest environments are really tranquil and cute too. I think that game gets more hate than it deserves.
I love both games. I love the first one even more (its difficulty is perfect imho). And I agree. Both games get more hate than they deserve.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know, but there's something fun about going out, waiting with equally excited people, and getting it at midnight. Instead, waiting until an indeterminate time of the next day, I don't know. Just a little boring that way. And then outright frustrating if the delivery is delayed for some reason!
Waiting with some random strangers in / in front of a store isn't funny anymore when you're in your 30s. It's just annoying and a waste of time :P

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
They just released TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima back to back.

They have a new Spider-Man and Demon's Souls remake ready for launch for PS5 and have a stacked 2020-2021.

The fuck more do you want lol.

Yeah, I'd be way more worried about Microsoft "keeping their fan base engaged" tbh. Like, I feel like Halo Infinite is probably going to be a Q4 2021 title. Same with Forza. Starfield is Q4 2021 at the earliest. What do they have until then? Psychonauts 2?

By Q4 2021 the Xbox Series S/X might…not be in the strongest position. Once a narrative sets in, it's really hard to turn that around. You only get one chance to make a first impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.