• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When Microsoft was buying small studios, the argument was that it was okay because these studios can now remain in employment, so I can't believe they're still using that same argument for a giant like Bethesda which actually cost $7.4bn. I mean, lol.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

Oh man I wonder what this dude would say if Sony bought a AAA publisher too.😂

What he said about Sony vs MS doesn't even make sense.

It is a joke.

First it was better for developers to make a contract with MS because the IPs can still be their own, sony was the bad guy because they also wanted the IPs.
Now it is the saving of the gaming landscape to buy publishers including their IPs.
...things can change.

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say watching y'all believe the media has it out for playstation after watching the Xbox guys say the same thing for Xbox the entire 2020 up to this purchase has been hilarious. All of you need to step back from this place for awhile

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Samsung 980 Pro is $229 for 1TB. I want to wait for Sony to give the OK but I can't imagine this drive not being PS5 compatible.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Thats would be different cause that publisher wasn't in trouble so Sony is once again the bad guy.
If you thought the Avengers Spider-man DLC discourse was bad... Can only imagine the cries of "anti-consumerism" yet those same people stay silent or praise the Bethesda deal.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
yeah it's coming in cheaper than I expected. the Xbox expansion SSD too if that UK price is accurate. good for everyone, I'll grab a 1TB SSD next year when they're closer to $150.
That's cheaper than I expected. Hopefully being a 3rd party, these prices fall significantly in a year or two.
Yeah I was expecting $300+ for 1TB, seeing $229 made my eyes light up. I would love to grab this now and not worry about storage at all.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Idk if this is ok to ask here, but it's PS related so I figured someone might know. Is it no longer possible to buy codes for PS games from retailers other than directly through PS? I was looking at picking up Demon's Souls for launch digitally but can't seem to find it anywhere. I've seen digital code listings at these same retailers for Xbox and Nintendo software, but PlayStation is strangely absent.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say watching y'all believe the media has it out for playstation after watching the Xbox guys say the same thing for Xbox the entire 2020 up to this purchase has been hilarious. All of you need to step back from this place for awhile

I don't think they out to get Sony just that some bias and poor at what they do.
Like i said how can anyone forget Sony Too which was born from media last gen .
Grubb thinks Sony poor and don't make money says it all .

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
All I hope for the future of gaming is that consoles and AAA single-player story-based games still exist in the decades to come
That is all

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Idk if this is ok to ask here, but it's PS related so I figured someone might know. Is it no longer possible to buy codes for PS games from retailers other than directly through PS? I was looking at picking up Demon's Souls for launch digitally but can't seem to find it anywhere. I've seen digital code listings at these same retailers for Xbox and Nintendo software, but PlayStation is strangely absent.

PlayStation stopped this practice in 2017 iirc. You won't find any codes anywhere.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
*looks at Sony's stock since the bethesda annoucement*

*ignores journalists*

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
lmao the idea that Microsoft buying Bethesda is somehow altruistic. It's about eliminating competition. Not from Sony, but by essentially absorbing the big brother to many of the studios they already had. their newly acquired 1st party studios were going to compete directly against most of Bethesda's portfolio. now they won't. or it won't matter.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

I think that is not possible anymore.
But there are PSN codes for $, some even are -12%

b4lmung

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
So how many were successful in their quest to acquire a PS5 pre-order?

I got standard one from Amazon Japan.

PlayStation Japan is quite meanie. They didn't give us any info about where to pre-order at all.
We had to check the website of each stores by ourselves. Also, every store (except Amazon and Rakuten) won't let you pre-order and ask everyone to apply for the lottery.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Whats our hopes for outbreak/tlou day?

Tlou 2 upgraded for ps5? (I would buy remastered again but with BC thats probably not happening).

Factions reveal?

I hope its more than just new psn theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.