• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephMichael

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What's typical timing for Sony's PR / Marketing announcements? 1PM EST?

Edit: I only ask because the COD event is 1PM EST and I doubt they would want to overlap if anything was announced today.

De-mon

Oct 27, 2017
EheBMNrUYAAR8d8

EheBK4BU8AIRIWH

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
The best gaming deal this generation was the $299 Xbox and yet it was easily outsold by the more expensive Xbox One and One X and the PS4 and Pro. If price is such a huge deal why did that console not outsell everything in sight?

I mean, yeah, hard to argue with that. Totally fair point. There's also an argument you could make that those type of players may be more interested in a bargain bin PS4 or Xbox One, as those systems will still play FIFA and NBA fine.

I guess we need to wait and see how this thing actually holds up. There's still a lot we don't know after all!

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
Is the PS5 doing the thing the Xbox is, allowing slower cold storage externally, that you can then swap onto the internal SSD to run games?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
The best gaming deal this generation was the $299 Xbox and yet it was easily outsold by the more expensive Xbox One and One X and the PS4 and Pro. If price is such a huge deal why did that console not outsell everything in sight?

Im still waiting for someone to give me a legit reason why a $299 underpowered Xbox will somehow sell much better next gen than the $299 underpowered Xbox we had this gen.

the difference, I think, is that PS4 was the better price out of the gate. By the time the One S came out, the narrative was set.

time will tell if it matters at the beginning of a new gen or not

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Is the PS5 doing the thing the Xbox is, allowing slower cold storage externally, that you can then swap onto the internal SSD to run games?

yeah I think you can do that especially since the 3rd Party SSD Flash Storage needed for PS5 has to be verified before being slotted in so for the time being you are better off with HDD which you transfer to and fro via the system. hopefully it's seamless but seeing HDD read/write speeds I doubt it.

CottonWolf

Feb 23, 2018
Demons Souls looks soooo good. I really hope it hits launch. Beyond Light and DS would be a killer launch line-up for me. Then I'll get Kena later, if the reviews are good (platformers are so much about the feel, and getting one from a new dev studio is a risk!).

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The DeS screens are drenched with atmosphere, it really looks amazing. I hope it's launch; having DeS, Spider-man and Kena at launch would be legendary. One for the gaming history books.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Demon Souls looks like a launch title, it's rated in Australia too now with that box art pretty much confirming that

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Demon Souls at launch or even just this year would be wondrous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.