• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I've seen people drop Dreams stuff in here, so while we're waiting for new info give the new combat demo for my work-in-progress project Cowl a try...

indreams.me

Cowl Combat Demo (v1.2)

A demo showcasing combat with various enemies from the work-in-progress game Cowl. Updated version includes player death animation, film grain toggle, increased health crystal drop chance, and rooms now have to be cleared to proceed.

What the fook?? This looks like below! Amazing!!

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Is it weird that the thing I'm most excited about for PS5 is the possibility of patches for old exclusives
I wonder what will get some

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I tried purchasing a subscription for physical Game Informer on GameStop's website but I kept getting errors. Need a copy of this issue physically so hopefully I'm able to get a copy. Beautiful artwork.
I don't think they are printing anymore (maybe COVID?). I'm subscribed to them (thru gamestop) and I haven't gotten one for the last 3 months.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they are printing anymore (maybe COVID?). I'm subscribed to them (thru gamestop) and I haven't gotten one for the last 3 months.

That's unfortunate, completely understand why though but still a shame. I'll call tomorrow just to see incase as maybe they aren't mailing them anymore but stores still sell them Won't hurt to try.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Wut? $5 cheaper? How much does the physical mag cost?

I made a mistake, if you only get the magazine subscription itself it's $14.99 for either digital or physical. If you subscribe to GameStop's Power up rewards you get the benefits of that service plus the physicial copy of the magazine for $19.99. The $5 cheaper for the digital version is if you subscribe to Powerup Rewards but choose the digital option it'll be $14.99. It's weird though since it doesn't make sense to sell the digital version of only the magazine for the same price as the digital version of PowerUp rewards when you don't get any of the added benefits for the same price.

Magazine

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Don't even know how one becomes a mod here... Anyway congrats Queen Vulpix
Congrats Queen Vulpix on your new status. 😎

Thank you both.

There are a lot of people who just observe these threads. I don't post often, but appreciate a lot of the fun that happens in these threads.

It's always nice to see new people every OT, it's something I look forward to.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I'm hoping for new Beyond Good & Evil and Prince of Persia footage tomorrow. I just wanna see more next-gen games.

I completely forgot about BG&E, I hope that shows up tomorrow

It's always nice to see new people every OT, it's something I look forward to.

=)

I will try to make more of an effort to post here more, but sometimes the OT moves a mile a minute and I feel like I'm 5 memes or stories behind lol

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well I'm entitled, I guess. I give no flying fucks about PSVR at this point. We're less than two months away from the launch of this thing (supposedly). I want to pre order. I'm frustrated to high hell with the smoke and mirrors. This is getting ridiculous.

Also, I'm sick of this entitlement defense. How am I entitled? I'm the CUSTOMER. We all help pay these things, get hyped, push marketing and keep Sony's stock prices up. Why do people in here continue to treat Sony like it's their best friend? It's a company most concerned about the bottom line and its shareholders. It doesn't give a crap about us unless we're lining their pockets. It's a corporation. This is unprecedented and I'm pissed.
Calma, they'll probably release something either this or next week. I'm certain the reason Sony hasn't shown the other part of the info is drip feed info builds hype for one, and they didn't want MS to start their "strongest AND cheapest" marketing campaign too early.

I'm curious if Sony has another day 1 game outside of Miles. I was really hoping for Factions II to release either day 1 or December, but I'm losing faith every day. I would imagine they would have released a beta out like Uncharted 4 if it was coming in two months.

giphy.gif

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Calma, they'll probably release something either this or next week. I'm certain the reason Sony hasn't shown the other part of the info is drip feed info builds hype for one, and they didn't want MS to start their "strongest AND cheapest" marketing campaign too early.

I'm curious if Sony has another day 1 game outside of Miles. I was really hoping for Factions II to release either day 1 or December, but I'm losing faith every day. I would imagine they would have released a beta out like Uncharted 4 if it was coming in two months.

giphy.gif
There is no indication Factions is coming out any time soon. Best to not be waiting for it in the next y month. Maybe holiday 2021.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
As I said at the last Ubi event. The only game I want from the show is a Nintendo game :(

Mario Rabbids 2 hype. Believe.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
Well I'm entitled, I guess. I give no flying fucks about PSVR at this point. We're less than two months away from the launch of this thing (supposedly). I want to pre order. I'm frustrated to high hell with the smoke and mirrors. This is getting ridiculous.

Also, I'm sick of this entitlement defense. How am I entitled? I'm the CUSTOMER. We all help pay these things, get hyped, push marketing and keep Sony's stock prices up. Why do people in here continue to treat Sony like it's their best friend? It's a company most concerned about the bottom line and its shareholders. It doesn't give a crap about us unless we're lining their pockets. It's a corporation. This is unprecedented and I'm pissed.

You are a POTENTIAL customer. As far as I know, money has not exchanged hands, so Sony owes you zilch. You will wait like everybody else. You are not entitled to anything at all at this point.
I also like how every once in a while, some charitable soul feels the urge to remind us that Sony, MS and Nintendo are corporations; That they care mainly about their marketshare and bottom line; That they are not our friends...Wow! Thank you for opening our eyes to this reality, matrix style.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I have no reason to watch the ubi event this time. Besides I am busy at the time. I think I will skip it.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
=)

I will try to make more of an effort to post here more, but sometimes the OT moves a mile a minute and I feel like I'm 5 memes or stories behind lol

These OT threads definitely move very fast at times, can definitely understand why it's hard for many to keep up. I used to try and read the backlog of pages but I don't have the time to do that anymore since I started working again early last month.

congrats Queen Vulpix! You'll be a great mod around here!

Thank you! I'll do my best.

Congrats Queen Vulpix

Now I can't make fun of The Order though :(

Need to find a new game to make fun of, that no mod likes.

Thank you! It's okay, if Shinobi is safe you're more then fine. The Order slander wont hurt any less though...

Jmvm

Oct 31, 2017
Stubbington, UK
Just another take on Dusk price comment. Likelihood in the UK the USD price will be translated to GBP. So if for instance PS5 DE is $399.00, that would be £399.00 in the UK (it was the same with the PS4 price). If you then convert £399.00 to USD, it converts to USD$ 521.00 give or take. If PS5 comes at £499.00, then it converts to $651.00.
Not far off of what Dusk was told if we take currency conversion into account

Oct 25, 2017
Just another take on Dusk price comment. Likelihood in the UK the USD price will be translated to GBP. So if for instance PS5 DE is $399.00, that would be £399.00 in the UK (it was the same with the PS4 price).
No, the PS4 was $399 in the US and £349 in the UK. I never bought a Pro but I'm pretty sure that was the same and all, 399 in the US and 349 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.