• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fair enough but I meant RPGs in general. Perhaps its my personal tastes talking here but I rather have SSM or ND focus on action adventure games focused on story telling. They excel at it. I think Sony Japan can do a good job with a RPG but what you want is a WRPG, another Western studio can be entrusted to do it.

Then again, I trust whatever they make at this point and I will play it lol. So, who knows. My personal desire index (shoutout to EZA) for potential future IP goes as follows,

1. Space Action Adventure (Cowboy Bebop/Firefly)
2. Steam Punk Adventure (this one I actually won't mind as a WRPG)
3. Action adventure based on an ancient adventurer, from fiction or otherwise (Sinbad, Marco Polo etc.)
I liked the Sucker Punch project that got canceled (before they decided to make Ghost of Tsushima). Something like that would be cool. But yeah, some JRPGs would be nice from SIE Japan ;)

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For those of you don't know, you can download most PS4 games (that are on PS Now) from PS Now. Overcooked 2, Hollow Knight, Dead Cell, Greedfall just to name a few games I liked, and I think those games will be on PS Now permanently.

Last edited:

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
some great talent in terms of animation, I think the game is gonna sell well which will lead to more partnerships with Ember Labs quite like Housemarque, Sony will soon have to snag them both up
Hoping for it, seems there is good people with talent there.
Same with housemarque, if returnal turns decent, should pick them too.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Queen Vulpix congrats of becoming a Mod! I hope that doesn't mean you will be less in this Thread now tho.

Dudes, if you think PS5 is $549.99, I got mansions in America to sell you for pennies.

Hit me up with your credit card and social security info.
Sorry i only give VoiceoverPete my Credit Card Info
I swear to god, this man has listed everyday on the calendar lol
That means he will get the right date eventually and thus Insider status confirmed!

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
It would be nice if they announce something "big" like Horizon VR for tomorrow anniversary but I really don't expect anything special.

Oh, my! Could you imagine a Thunderjaw in VR?
That would be terrifying but glorious.

I'm so interested in seeing the improvements the PS5 can bring to PSVR. What an exciting time to be an enthusiast of digital entertainment (gamer).

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say MS is a highclass with marketing right now.
I mean, they just announced a new console per tweet during the night and get a lot of interest.
No one talks about the TF, or when we will see games running on the console, everyone just sees
next gen and 299.
That is something you can't do on a stage, or beside the XSX with tripple the GPU power.

I always wondered how will they introduce a 4TF console when talking all the time about the most powerful console ever, true 4k, and the most uncompressed pixels for years, never thought about that solution.
They were always going to get a pass from the media despite all that TFlops/power boasting talk since they helped peddle it despite leaks from the start showing that they would be chaining their power version machine down by an under-powered box that devs will need to account for as well, which the media also downplayed the challenges of. Hell, I don't see the media pointing out that advertised lower resolution of the S like some magically fixed thing is misleading (even if it were 1080p let alone somehow 1440p despite the spec gap) since it's entirely dependent upon whether or not they make anything that actually pushes the higher box hard, unless they're just not going to unlike Sony which is clearly same as always going to be fully pushing the PS5 since it's their only spec to design around.

those guys are trustworthy for MS and MS alone don't fall for any of their other rumors
Yup.

Last edited:

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
For those of you don't know, you can download most PS4 games (that are on PS Now) from PS Now. Overcooked 2, Hollow Knight, Dead Cell, Greedfall just to name a few games I liked, and I think those games will be on PS Now permanently.
It's amazing how many people write off PSNow because it is "not GamePass"... if offers so much! Sure it's not perfect, but nothing is ;P

I use it almost every day.

Plus FFXV just landed on there so that will be my first time trying it, which is awesome :)

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
It's all speculation. I'm rooting for next week but it seems as though next week will be Microsoft then the week after is TGS. So we might be waiting until the end of this month or early October.
I've had hope today, with all the Xbox leaks and announcements, it would push Sony to drop some tidbits.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
I have to say MS is a highclass with marketing right now.
I mean, they just announced a new console per tweet during the night and get a lot of interest.
No one talks about the TF, or when we will see games running on the console, everyone just sees
next gen and 299.
That is something you can't do on a stage, or beside the XSX with tripple the GPU power.

I always wondered how will they introduce a 4TF console when talking all the time about the most powerful console ever, true 4k, and the most uncompressed pixels for years, never thought about that solution.

All the TFLOPs matter; until they don't.

I prefer Sony's stance for the coming gen. I know what to expect from them. Great exclusives that take full advantage of the console.

I don't know what I'd expect from MS if I was inclined to purchase a XSX/S. Imagine the position they would be in if the vast majority went for the cheaper console. You wouldn't blame developers for making that their primary development target. It just seems so strange and contradictory to me. But I can't argue with the price, a lot of people who may not be able to make the jump to next gen will be able to pick up a console and a subscription game service.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone has a Kena avatar that there's going to be no one left for me to make a Kena avatar for in my planned Kena Avatar thread...

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Do the Kena devs have a solid track record? Or is this their first game?

I know it's indie, but I don't recognize any of the names I see attached to it. I was just wondering if the appeal was on the aesthetics and presentation alone.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Do the Kena devs have a solid track record? Or is this their first game?

I know it's indie, but I don't recognize any of the names I see attached to it. I was just wondering if the appeal was on the aesthetics and presentation alone.

This is their first game. They have mainly been an animation studio. You might be familiar with this, it's one of their earlier works.

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen people drop Dreams stuff in here, so while we're waiting for new info give the new combat demo for my work-in-progress project Cowl a try...

indreams.me

Cowl Combat Demo (v1.2)

A demo showcasing combat with various enemies from the work-in-progress game Cowl. Updated version includes player death animation, film grain toggle, increased health crystal drop chance, and rooms now have to be cleared to proceed.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people drop Dreams stuff in here, so while we're waiting for new info give the new combat demo for my work-in-progress project Cowl a try...

indreams.me

Cowl Combat Demo (v1.2)

A demo showcasing combat with various enemies from the work-in-progress game Cowl. Updated version includes player death animation, film grain toggle, increased health crystal drop chance, and rooms now have to be cleared to proceed.

Very cool.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

indreams.me

Cowl Combat Demo (v1.2)

Looks great. Some awesome stuff is coming for/in Dreams:

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017

indreams.me

Cowl Combat Demo (v1.2)

Nice work. Those animations look great.

Edit: I've added the demo to my play later queue.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
What is this?

Wow. I hope this is a joke post. Otherwise, the entitlement knows no bounds.

Well I'm entitled, I guess. I give no flying fucks about PSVR at this point. We're less than two months away from the launch of this thing (supposedly). I want to pre order. I'm frustrated to high hell with the smoke and mirrors. This is getting ridiculous.

Also, I'm sick of this entitlement defense. How am I entitled? I'm the CUSTOMER. We all help pay these things, get hyped, push marketing and keep Sony's stock prices up. Why do people in here continue to treat Sony like it's their best friend? It's a company most concerned about the bottom line and its shareholders. It doesn't give a crap about us unless we're lining their pockets. It's a corporation. This is unprecedented and I'm pissed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

indreams.me

Cowl Combat Demo (v1.2)

Well done - this looks very, very good. One of the few games I've seen in Dreams where the melee/sword combat looks satisfying. Keep going!

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

indreams.me

Cowl Combat Demo (v1.2)

MAN that looks good. Great job! I haven't booted up Dreams in like six months, because I haven't seen anybody posting new games to play.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well I'm entitled, I guess. I give no flying fucks about PSVR at this point. We're less than two months away from the launch of this thing (supposedly). I want to pre order. I'm frustrated to high hell with the smoke and mirrors. This is getting ridiculous.

Also, I'm sick of this entitlement defense. How am I entitled? I'm the CUSTOMER. We all help pay these things, get hyped, push marketing and keep Sony's stock prices up. Why do people in here continue to treat Sony like it's their best friend? It's a company most concerned about the bottom line and its shareholders. It doesn't give a crap about us unless we're lining their pockets. It's a corporation. This is unprecedented and I'm pissed.
Have a snickers
_I1RwCfNa7vFCdXAw5K4CTS5wGRtG7-pDIcqZBAVzAFaS3lGqN_dS5b3ZXQ1Se6J-54rPpxrekwzKiOtZOhZsbn7pY2Pu-BIGllN2UBY8pvXm7CDbhZvlz_-h0oCTbmY13GG4l_xNp-8nkSVXtDhFpV7Kw=w320-h180

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017

I understand the frustration. Many of us share the same sentiments. But Sony is going to move when they feel the time is right. There is a lot riding on the the launch of a new console. Imagine Sony announcing a $599 price to then have MS launch a more powerful console for $499. The PS4/XB1 tables would be reversed and MS could carry much more momentum into launch. I think Sony is much more of a global brand but we'd be kidding ourselves if we believe Sony wants to give up any market share in NA.

Now that all of MS's cards are face up, I expect to hear something from Sony in the next couple of weeks. Once they have their messaging the way they want it.

Edit: You edited your post while I was replying.

You are the customer.

Last edited:

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Stuggernaut Thank you

Get ahead of the leaks and reveal the thread now

I plan to make the avatar thread about 2 weeks before launch. I have much of the work done for it already but I plan to post the Kena OT about 2-3 days before release. Hoping we get a date by the end of the month.

Thank you! I think I have seen that Majora's Mask thing!

I'm impressed by the momentum they already seem to have.

You're welcome! It is a pretty impressive animation they made for MM.

I'm happy for them. To not only have your first ever videogame be featured in a PS5 reveal event and have your game appear on the cover of a major gaming magazine is extremely impressive, very deserved.

Congrats on becoming a Mod Queen Vulpix .

PlayStation Studios |OT14| Long Live the Queen

Thank you. I shall accept no other OT titles but this for OT14 now.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I understand the frustration. Many of us share the same sentiments. But Sony is going to move when they feel the time is right. There is a lot riding on the the launch of a new console. Imagine Sony announcing a $599 price to then have MS launch a more powerful console for $499. The PS4/XB1 tables would be reversed and MS could carry much more momentum into launch. I think Sony is much more of a global brand but we'd be kidding ourselves if we believe Sony wants to give up any market share in NA.

Now that all of MS's cards are face up, I expect to hear something from Sony in the next couple of weeks. Once they have their messaging the way they want it.

Edit: You edited your post while I was replying.

You are the customer.

Thanks for understanding. Also, your avatar rules.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really happy Sucker Punch had such a success with GoT. Genuinely proud of that team. There are definitely things about the game I would change or want improved, but what a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.