• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I believe they are just announcing things each day instead of an actual event.
blog.playstation.com

PS VR spotlight kicks off today

This week sees new reveals and updates on upcoming games, as well as a VR-focused PS Store promotion .
I don't think it's an event. Just random announcements of games and a VR themed sale this week. Today was the release date for the new Walking Dead VR title.
It's all week long. Tomorrow starts the sale on PS Store, but announcements don't have a fixed date. We had Minecraft yesterday.
PSVR announcements so far

blog.playstation.com

Minecraft adds PS VR support this month

New update will allow you to enjoy Mojang Studios’ game fully in VR.

blog.playstation.com

Rebuilding Alexandria and crafting the dream arsenal in The Walking Dead Onslaught

New gameplay details on the PS VR survival horror as pre-orders go live ahead of September 29 launch.

Thank you all. I wasn't sure if it was a State of Play dedicated to VR games or something else. Minecrat VR? That's incredible. I adore the game and I've spent hundreds of hours in it over the years. Will certainly get it for PS5 one day when I get a VR headset. Creeper explosions, especially when they happen unexpectedly in a dark cave, are going to be that much more terrifying.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say MS is a highclass with marketing right now.
I mean, they just announced a new console per tweet during the night and get a lot of interest.
No one talks about the TF, or when we will see games running on the console, everyone just sees
next gen and 299.
That is something you can't do on a stage, or beside the XSX with tripple the GPU power.

I always wondered how will they introduce a 4TF console when talking all the time about the most powerful console ever, true 4k, and the most uncompressed pixels for years, never thought about that solution.
Such a high class in marketing that Xbox One S and X are trending alongside due to name confusion, and Sony is trending too because it makes people actually care and speculate about their price.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
You know this reminds me. I would LOVE a Cowboy Bebop / Firefly type of new IP from ND.

At the same time, would also LOVE it if either them or SSM can make a fun Sinbad game.
Obsidian is dunkin on Elder Scrolls/Fallout with Avowed/The Outer Worlds
Let ND snipe Starfield before it even exists

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Such a high class in marketing that Xbox One S and X are trending alongside due to name confusion, and Sony is trending too because it makes people actually care and speculate about their price.

I think they are doing a good job.
It is a world premiere to reveal a console per tweet, and there is some hype.
I think it is well done, on a stage with shown gameplay people would ask is that XSX gameplay or XSS gameplay.
Right now everyone believes it is a 299 XSX without disc drive and with slightly less resolution (fake 4k), everything else is the same.
The "name confusion" even helps with that.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they will announce a classic playstation game is getting a vr game/support tomorrow for 25 years anniversary.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I have to say MS is a highclass with marketing right now.
I mean, they just announced a new console per tweet during the night and get a lot of interest.
No one talks about the TF, or when we will see games running on the console, everyone just sees
next gen and 299.
That is something you can't do on a stage, or beside the XSX with tripple the GPU power.

I always wondered how will they introduce a 4TF console when talking all the time about the most powerful console ever, true 4k, and the most uncompressed pixels for years, never thought about that solution.
You know the thing leaked and wasn't planned at all, right?

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I missed that post, things move too fast...
550$ maybe 600$? That would be insane. I wouldn't produce 10 millions units at that price.
Let's see.

MS studios aren't ready for 2020, so this is not surprising. But 2021 should be a good year for them and especially 2022.
Agreed. Sony was better prepared to move their studios to the new system. Surprised MS didn't have anything besides Halo initially planned for 2020.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I am just happy that Queen Vulpix has always agreed with me on days gone and uncharted.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! I want to see this team stretch it's imagination in terms of art direction.

oh absolutely. Both ND and SSM can do no wrong. I want them to have a 'what about robot dino tho?!' moment like GG had lol

Sony needs a AAA RPG ;)

As much I make fun of JRPG fans in this thread, for the sake of their sanity I hope this happens too. Dunno if I want ND or SSM on that however. Probably a better fit for Sony Japan imho. Or a new Studio. SSM and ND shine with Action Adventure games.

Obsidian is dunkin on Elder Scrolls/Fallout with Avowed/The Outer Worlds
Let ND snipe Starfield before it even exists

Do we even have any idea what Starfield is even gonna be like? Is it some space mass effect like RPG?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much I make fun of JRPG fans in this thread, for the sake of their sanity I hope this happens too. Dunno if I want ND or SSM on that however. Probably a better fit for Sony Japan imho. Or a new Studio. SSM and ND shine with Action Adventure games.
You were talking about SSM and ND. So with RPG I meant RPGs (western RPGs) and not JRPGs ;)

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony Ninjas arrived at Brad Sams house
JGgArHUQ7BA3TVmzNVK0gdVwvHD9akjWn1B7d0A5NVnnc1zxIHKHoq2IqFPF0AEdVPzUGMZ13G6zcK8uzxTaNqWk0QCDs4nOVgX7nYRA_2dh6z0K3vr5qhQLXYd8zirqaVky3W0dwvhkP_jrtb_XUg5wKQ=w443-h332

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Buy Ember lab, hire something like level 5 that kind of knows to deal with animation for support or get help by sony japan(not like they doing something, rip that SH dreams) and let Ember direct an AA animation game.
( Kena 2)

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
You were talking about SSM and ND. So with RPG I meant RPGs (western RPGs) and not JRPGs ;)

Fair enough but I meant RPGs in general. Perhaps its my personal tastes talking here but I rather have SSM or ND focus on action adventure games focused on story telling. They excel at it. I think Sony Japan can do a good job with a RPG but what you want is a WRPG, another Western studio can be entrusted to do it.

Then again, I trust whatever they make at this point and I will play it lol. So, who knows. My personal desire index (shoutout to EZA) for potential future IP goes as follows,

1. Space Action Adventure (Cowboy Bebop/Firefly)
2. Steam Punk Adventure (this one I actually won't mind as a WRPG)
3. Action adventure based on an ancient adventurer, from fiction or otherwise (Sinbad, Marco Polo etc.)

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Buy Ember lab, hire something like level 5 that kind of knows to deal with animation for support or get help by sony japan(not like they doing something, rip that SH dreams) and let Ember direct an AA animation game.
( Kena 2)
some great talent in terms of animation, I think the game is gonna sell well which will lead to more partnerships with Ember Labs quite like Housemarque, Sony will soon have to snag them both up

1 gift from tutomos

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from tutomos!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

tutomos said:
To celebrate Queen Vulpix being promoted as a mod on ResetEra, I'm giving away a PLAYSTATION NOW - 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (USA) so a lucky member can play Overcooked 2 can pretend to be Gordon Ramsay!

These are our awesome prizes:

• PlayStation 4 (US) PlayStation 4 (US): PLAYSTATION NOW - 12 MONTH SUBSCRIPTION (USA) - Won by Deleted member 923 (42 entries)

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Once i was pmed how did i know about the ps5 specs
I remember i posted something around this 16gb ram 9~ TF around 1tb sdd etc
I though it was someone, random, just asking...now.....might`d be a sony ninja 👀👀👀👀👀👀

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
some great talent in terms of animation, I think the game is gonna sell well which will lead to more partnerships with Ember Labs quite like Housemarque, Sony will soon have to snag them both up

I hope so.

The Kena trailer really showed their animation prowess. It would be easy to imagine Ember Labs bringing full length animation movies to the theater.

Really interested in seeing how the gameplay/combat compare to their art design and animation skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.