• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
you know things are bad when we're giving the Nintendo Direct speculation thread a run for its money in terms of thread growth, whew

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
34 notifications phew, thank you all very much for your kind words. <3

I worked diligently to give that tag, so it's not allowed. Ever.

:D

I couldn't think of a better tag if I tried, the tag you gave me is hear to stay!

So which is your primary title now, Moderator or Queen Vulpix ? Congrats!

Queen Vulpix of course.

Congrats QUEEN!!

This forum is immediately a better place with Queen Vulpix as a mod.

You're too kind, thank you.

wait, you're a mod now? Congrats!

...does this mean you ban anyone who badmouths The Order?

Hmmm....

Shinobi right now
966467eb06d7978db7ef5d6044d22394.gif

:D

Your takes on the Order may hurt my soul but you are good people.

Vulpix is a mod now? Now I can finally get my "SIE JRPG Stan" tag!!!!! 🤗🙌

Getting a tag doesn't work that way :P

What's Angie got to sweat about?

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Clearly people in here are just a-ok with how Sony has handled PS5 news.

I wish they would be more forthcoming on when we can expect news. I don't mind not knowing all of the details yet, but at the same time - I would prefer to know when, approximately, we can expect another update.

That said, their marketing has been top notch so far. I'm getting plenty of ads, their original announcement was excellent and they've not been shy about showing PS5 games.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would be more forthcoming on when we can expect news. I don't mind not knowing all of the details yet, but at the same time - I would prefer to know when, approximately, we can expect another update.

That said, their marketing has been top notch so far. I'm getting plenty of ads, their original announcement was excellent and they've not been shy about showing PS5 games.
Yes. This. We're less than two months away and I still don't know most about the console.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Queen Vulpix your giveaway days are over. Mods are too busy to do giveaways. so now I shall take over this thread and ban such generosity

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
only news we gonna get this week are the COD gameplay and maybe some PS5 footage at the ubisoft event.

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. This. We're less than two months away and I still don't know most about the console.

I'm not sure I agree with that. We are less than two months away and I'd suggest we actually know quite a bit about the console. In fact, outside of price/release (as of yesterday) we all knew about as much as we knew about the next gen Xbox?

TGR Sean

Nov 5, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Sony is not going to announce the price until MS officially reveals the series x price.

Yep, but in the meantime MS gets all the press of a $299 box. By not floating another number out there, $299 is what sticks in the minds of the general populace. If Sony continues to wait, MS can bide their time until they low-key release the other price. Even if Sony undercuts at that point, whatever their price is won't match the $299 general awareness. I think Sony will still come out of it okay, but right now MS is in control. They're making Sony sweat. If Sony breaks first and MS undercuts their high end box in addition to having the cheapest box then MS is in a real good spot.

It's really interesting seeing all of these strategies in play. If MS opens preorders on the $299 box and still doesn't release the Series X price then they'll really be pushing the screws into Sony.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I agree with that. We are less than two months away and I'd suggest we actually know quite a bit about the console. In fact, outside of price/release (as of yesterday) we all knew about as much as we knew about the next gen Xbox?
I'm not sold on Xbox. Ha. I'm totally down for ps5. I just want to know price. Pre order date. Launch titles. We have to budget for this stuff. Especially in these times

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony is not going to announce the price until MS officially reveals the series x price.

This is what I expect too. Every day that Microsoft keep the Series X price underwraps, is another day that people think it is $499.
I'm not sure if it's the best idea for Sony to wait it out, because I actually think $499 is very reasonable for the hardware. But, I'm guessing Sony don't want to risk coming out and saying $449, and Microsoft then undercutting somehow.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
So nothing special rumored for PS1's 25th anniversary tomorrow huh? Sucks given it's a new PS launch year...

Deleted member 19767

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sold on Xbox. Ha. I'm totally down for ps5. I just want to know price. Pre order date. Launch titles. We have to budget for this stuff. Especially in these times

Fair point. But I think as long as you plan for $499 USD around mid November, you'll be fine. Regional pricing may change things slightly, but we've got a good ballpark to work with.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The 500-650$ price estimate doesn't sound all that outlandish when you factor in currency conversions, depending on what currency, exactly, has Dusk Golem been hearing.

If PS5 RRP is 499€ in Europe, that converts to nearly about 580USD, and in certain countries like Finland that an "European price of 500€" might actually mean that (most) retailers will probably sell the console for 550€ or even more (higher VAT & other stuff causing retailers to want to price it above the "official" price), which is 647 dollars. So if he has heard rumors about the European price, that makes the whole "it'll be between 500-650$" statement make a bit more sense. A straight conversion would give some of those higher estimates if he has heard the Euro price, but generally you just switch the currency symbol when looking at USD <-> EUR prices. That just probably means that the price will be 499$/499€/399(-439)£.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
you know things are bad when we're giving the Nintendo Direct speculation thread a run for its money in terms of thread growth, whew
Don't lie to yourself, it's like that since February 2020 😅
I wish they would be more forthcoming on when we can expect news.
It's difficult because plan changed quickly. Looked at what happened with Series S presentation. It was supposed to be in June.

At least, like they did this Monday, that they warned when there isn't news during the week. A lot of people discarded it for some reasons, but I appreciate it.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
The 500-650$ price estimate doesn't sound all that outlandish when you factor in currency conversions, depending on what currency, exactly, has Dusk Golem been hearing.

If PS5 RRP is 499€ in Europe, that converts to nearly about 580USD, and in certain countries like Finland that an "European price of 500€" might actually mean that (most) retailers will probably sell the console for 550€ or even more (higher VAT & other stuff causing retailers to want to price it above the "official" price), which is 647 dollars. So if he has heard rumors about the European price, that makes the whole "it'll be between 500-650$" statement make a bit more sense. A straight conversion would give some of those higher estimates if he has heard the Euro price, but generally you just switch the currency symbol when looking at USD <-> EUR prices. That just probably means that the price will be 499$/499€/399(-439)£.

He heard the Yen price, and the only mainstream console ever that came near to 60,000Yen was the PS3.
I can't see it, not after a PS4 and PS4pro for around 40,000Yen and a worldwide userbase of about 100m.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has Sony even mentioned the size of the ssd of the digital version? If so i wonder if the script is reverse by charging $499.99 for the digital console with extra storage then closer to $399.99 for the disc drive version.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, but in the meantime MS gets all the press of a $299 box. By not floating another number out there, $299 is what sticks in the minds of the general populace. If Sony continues to wait, MS can bide their time until they low-key release the other price. Even if Sony undercuts at that point, whatever their price is won't match the $299 general awareness. I think Sony will still come out of it okay, but right now MS is in control. They're making Sony sweat. If Sony breaks first and MS undercuts their high end box in addition to having the cheapest box then MS is in a real good spot.

It's really interesting seeing all of these strategies in play. If MS opens preorders on the $299 box and still doesn't release the Series X price then they'll really be pushing the screws into Sony.
For better or worse, Sony has not had to sweat this entire time and they still aren't. They're entirely confident that their software portfolio and 3rd party deals will win the day. I remember the same talk of Sony sweating before the Future of Gaming event. Then you see their lineup and it's like, wow, they're playing at a completely different level.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Sony told us very clearly not to expect anything related to PS5, as always people asumed that because Microsoft did something Sony would counter that but they haven't done that for a long time.
I am still confused by that. Sony introduced the PS5 six months after the XSX.
They doesn't care about what Microsoft is doing. They wait until June to have actual game running on PS5 to show.
Now they wait to have the full launch line up (something tricky because of COVID) to make the second big event.

Status
Not open for further replies.