• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Congratulations to Queen Vulpix

BFV44252PantryPrepCakeInAJar4WaysFBFinalupdated.jpg

what is this amazing dish!

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Great to see you here!
Noticed you and a couple others have stopped visiting the other place. It's been a bit rough lately.
Hey how are you doing!

Yes, I had to accept it will never recover. So I moved to Era pretty much permanently, there's a lot of very knowledgeable people here and it's easier to get a discussion going despite the 1000 posts per second, but I read 1% of the posts at best. It feels like moving from a remote village in the north to downtown new york.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
Yes I agree. I do try to give the benefit of the doubt but the claim is extraordinary and contradicts too many established assumptions about the BOM comparisons. So it's either a massive upset of everyone's prediction, or the source is wrong.

Either only the upper management know, or some imminent publicity was leaked, or it reached retail databases and it would leak everywhere. So where the claim comes from is an important question. The answer was unsatisfactory, so with no additional info convincing me further I'm just ignoring the claim until there more info to chew on.
The other possibility is that the number isn't describing what the source thinks it is.

Bill of materials (Sony gets a decent discount on the parts. So you could get a pretty wildly different number if you don't take that discount in mind.)
Total cost (adding in shipping and retailer cut)
Final price.

For the PS4: (~$380 supposedly, something like $460, $399 of course).

So there is a whole lot of room for the number to be correct and still be misleading.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
CPU would still be the bottle neck with that upgraded Pro. It's better to just concentrate on full PS5 experience.

For sure - I would prefer that as well. But I figured for the first year or 2, it will also be acceptably handling all the cross-gen but ALSO have a disc drive while providing a little bump in loading speeds.

Highly doubt Sony will produce another PS4 Pro iteration at this point anyway.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Did Ember Labs clarify to anybody on Twitter about the load times from the GI article? 2s to logo? 2s to menu? 2s to gameplay? All very different.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Interesting that Microsoft now has Destiny marketing. I wonder if they paid more for that or if Sony decided to drop it. I thought it did pretty well for them?

Oct 29, 2017
The other possibility is that the number isn't describing what the source thinks it is.

Bill of materials (Sony gets a decent discount on the parts. So you could get a pretty wildly different number if you don't take that discount in mind.)
Final price.

So there is a whole lot of room for the number to be correct and still be misleading.

That is my thing. We do we have to asking all the analyzing questions.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Well guys, I almost completely missed all the excitment and discussion regarding PS5 for I was a bit distracted finishing off this amazing game.

VHn5aut.jpg

Platinum Trophy get! Going to take a few days break and get back to The Last Of Us Part 2 to finish off the trophies there! :)

Congrats! Got mine a few days back too. SO worth it. I'm already hyped for the sequel lol

also, Congrats to Queen Vulpix for the mod position!

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
bruh he may have been wrong but I miss Verendus.

Wish we had at least one solid leaker/hinter for PS stuff :S think the last talk worthy thing was said by Imran and a few others about Sony going after timed exclusives or something. Like give us something to speculate at least.

Right now all we can speculate is whether there is a connection between hating peanut butter and liking bad jrpgs

Oct 29, 2017

Final price.

Now, this actually makes more sense.

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
bruh he may have been wrong but I miss Verendus.

Wish we had at least one solid leaker/hinter for PS stuff :S think the last talk worthy thing was said by Imran and a few others about Sony going after timed exclusives or something. Like give us something to speculate at least.

Right now all we can speculate is whether there is a connection between hating peanut butter and liking bad jrpgs
We know that Sony is looking after new studios (acquisitions). So there's that ;)
Bluepoint Games
Housemarque
Arrowhead Game Studios

Let's go Sony.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that Microsoft now has Destiny marketing. I wonder if they paid more for that or if Sony decided to drop it. I thought it did pretty well for them?

I wouldn't be shocked if Sony just didn't renew the contract. Lets be real at this point whatever platform you're playing that game on you're invested in that console. Nothing is going to make you switch consoles for Destiny anymore.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Best insider returns

Huh? I thought Lempel just said there'd be plenty of notice and that pre-orders wouldn't just suddenly go up like that day they were rumored to go up with no advanced announcement. I don't remember him specifying how price, pre-orders, and release date would be announced. Though I do think they'll do a second event to do it.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I wouldn't be shocked if Sony just didn't renew the contract. Lets be real at this point whatever platform you're playing that game on you're invested in that console. Nothing is going to make you switch consoles for Destiny anymore.
The more likely scenario is the contract was with Activision and not Bungie. So when they [Bungie] bought out of the contract the marketing deal likely was terminated. We can then assume Microsoft offered different terms (didn't request exclusive content) and they took those instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.