• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

[Game Informer] What Does The PS5 Bring To Kena: Bridge Of Spirits?

The full article is available on the Gameinformer website. Pretty good stuff with the devs talking about the possibilities of the DualSense and some of the differences between the PS4 and PS5 versions too.

www.gameinformer.com

What Does The PS5 Bring To Kena: Bridge Of Spirits?

Ember labs shares what Sony’s upcoming hardware allowed the team to do with their first big game.

I made one
www.resetera.com

GI: 20 Questions (And Answers) About Kena: Bridge Of Spirits

More in the link! Posted by Nerun https://www.gameinformer.com/feature/2020/09/08/20-questions-and-answers-about-kena-bridge-of-spirits

Thank you all! I went and searched Kena in the search bar but only noticed the thread from Wednesday announcing the article, must have missed it.

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Stray starts to get some love too.
d28dc361a97565f2729a7402402cc7b9c2214a7a.gifv
This game has the best aesthetics from the FoG titles. It's gorgeous.

But Kena has the best character designs.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jim Ryan in his home office: "Fuck it. Let's double the console production and up the price to 70 000 yen."
I think he's now happy to know that with the Xbox Series Steam Machine for mandatory baseline to any publishers wanting to cover this echosystem, in less than 18 month all PS5 exclusives, first-party or not, will look like running on a PS6 compared to these multiplats.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Well guys, I almost completely missed all the excitment and discussion regarding PS5 for I was a bit distracted finishing off this amazing game.

VHn5aut.jpg

Platinum Trophy get! Going to take a few days break and get back to The Last Of Us Part 2 to finish off the trophies there! :)

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Eric Lempel didn't mention an event or the article part at all...

Insiders can't even recount official statements right.
This guy. Eric said "we'll let you know when pre-order will happen. It's not gonna happen with a minute's notice. We're going to at some point let you know when you can pre-order PS5. So please don't feel like you have to go run out and line up anywhere until you receive official notice about how that'll work".

Gunman

Aug 19, 2020
This OT stays jumping the gun with bad thread titles, right when a GOAT candidate emerges ("relax and reflect").

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.

Knight

Jul 26, 2020
Italy
So anyway. Kena sure looks awesome.
Wonder if it's alot of presure to the devs. First game and they are getting tons of attention
It's awesome that a team of 14 devs managed to receive all this attention (especially Game Informer cover). Must be incredibly exciting and stressful at the same time. But so glad they're getting so much love. They really deserve it.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Was the price not high over there because they had to bring them in ?
I remember it was suppose to be cheaper once they started making them in Brazil .

It was a combination of bringing them in and Sony fucking us.
In a direct conversion it would be R$1300,00~R$1400,00 they sold the damn thing here for R$4000.
At that time there was a joke, that was real if you get a good deal for the tickets, that it was cheaper to travel to USA, enjoy a few days, buy a PS4 and return to Brasil with the money you needed to buy a PS4 here with Sony official price.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
No his source told him the Japanese price and then convert it to US dollars .
Either way the that price is nonsense just by look at the price of part and XSX price .
Nothing in the PS5 will cost it to be more XSX BOM and if you think other wise you have no idea about tech .
Yes I agree. I do try to give the benefit of the doubt but the claim is extraordinary and contradicts too many established assumptions about the BOM comparisons. So it's either a massive upset of everyone's prediction, or the source is wrong.

Either only the upper management know, or some imminent publicity was leaked, or it reached retail databases and it would leak everywhere. So where the claim comes from is an important question. The answer was unsatisfactory, so with no additional info convincing me further I'm just ignoring the claim until there more info to chew on.

Oct 29, 2017
There's no actual fucking way the PS5 costs $549-660. The BOM is $450. They may as well sell it at $699 then. It would be a lot worse than PS3 $599 USD! The PS3 cost over $800 to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.