• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trying some smear campaign on PS5 like some think I am, I'm just sharing what I've heard. The source of the price is from someone very reliable, but yes I don't want to out them. It's different than other devs I've talked to, I will say that. That said, as this is yen to USD and pricing markets are different between both, I very well do think PS5 (Disk Version) could be $500, I personally suspect $550, I have doubts it can go much lower than that though.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Wish I could say the same lol. WFH for me has just resulted in longer work days, more crunch, and having to essentially be "on call" at all times.

Before, my downtown office was like a 10 minute drive from my house, and I was home by 5:00 pretty much every day. Now, I'm starting work earlier, staying later (at least until 5:30 most days), and frequently getting text messages at like 6:30PM while I'm trying to eat, or on weekends, telling me to get on for a quick meeting. And I'm salary, so no overtime pay!

Essentially everyone else in my office are single, middle aged careerists/workaholics who've taken the shift to WFH as an opportunity to just be in work mode non-stop. I hate it. And while crunch isn't managed or anything, there's definitely pressure to not be the only one still working "only" 8 hour days.
what the fook type of industry is this? I'll be damned if my boss calls me after work hours let alone weekends! You gotta get a job with the feds/state or something man like I do...It might not be the fattest check you've ever seen but good benefits and balanced work-life. You work in the gaming/tech industry?

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Having the damn thing priced above 499$,£,€ whatever for the disc version drops a fucking nuke on all, ALL of goodwill they have built for the past 7 years. Then it takes a large and smelly dump on the costly and persistent infrastructure they invested in developing countries and the ME, China, Asia, and ROW presence they now have and profited immensely from. It's the reason why they romped over a 100 mil units sold. They cant afford to focus on the west and west only.

Its XBX1 levels of delusion if they go down that route, which is an insane possibility to entertain.

May 7, 2020
I'm not trying some smear campaign on PS5 like some think I am, I'm just sharing what I've heard. The source of the price is from someone very reliable, but yes I don't want to out them. It's different than other devs I've talked to, I will say that. That said, as this is yen to USD and pricing markets are different between both, I very well do think PS5 (Disk Version) could be $500, I personally suspect $550, I have doubts it can go much lower than that though.

i mean well know soon enough. so i dont know the point of people arguing over this.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Cool we dont have any for PS besides the ones that dont want to say anything. Which is fine and it makes sense.
Dusk is the gold standard for Capcom stuff, I wasn't referring to PS specifically. Just thinking maybe we could think critically about the situation where we have an insider who has a sterling track record for Capcom, but has some misses outside of that realm. If you don't believe him on the price, you don't believe him on the price. I don't, but I also don't feel the need to antagonize Dusk about it. That's all I'm saying.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
So anyway. Kena sure looks awesome.
Wonder if it's alot of presure to the devs. First game and they are getting tons of attention

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
1. Why would developers know the price of the console? That's just impossible.
2. Why would Sony expect to move that many consoles in a forecast if it's gonna be literally the most expensive console ever released since the NeoGeo? 60-70k yen is just plain unrealistic and Sony wouldn't sell even half of their forecasts. I know Dusk has some sources on Capcom but this just reads like bad fanfiction.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Most people are guessing the disc version will be $499 so what you're saying isn't really out of line with what everyone is expecting.

Spiegel

Oct 26, 2017

Japanese pricing of 60000 to 70000¥ + taxes would translate to 600 to 700$ + taxes

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I am just fine with you ya'll wasting pages so we can try again and vote for a better thread title come OT14

So continue having high thread activity. Hopefully we get something else to discuss about tomorrow to have this momentum continue.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Unless the person you know is someone with relations with the top of Sony, and with top I mean senior people, you don't know the price. Not even 1st party devs knows the price.

Deleted member 15360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We can discuss Dusk Golem's price estimates without making jokes and jabs about the RE stuff and one sided stuff please. I dont believe it'll be above $499 but I think we can disagree with him without coming off petty. It's a bit mean spirited

This ^

Dust is pretty legit and he is sharing what he has heard. People should stop taking shots at him

Dusk Golem

Thanks for the insights and clarifying it here.

Oct 29, 2017
Having the damn thing priced above 499$,£,€ whatever for the disc version drops a fucking nuke on all, ALL of goodwill they have built for the past 7 years. Then it takes a large and smelly dump on the costly and persistent infrastructure they invested in developing countries and the ME, China, Asia, and ROW presence they now have and profited immensely from. It's the reason why they romped over a 100 mil units sold. They cant afford to focus on the west and west only.

Its XBX1 levels of delusion if they go down that route, which is an insane possibility to entertain.
Exactly, there is no smooth transitioning of user base with that price point.

If I reflect on it and think logically this is not Sony first console launch they know the sweet spot for console pricing.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
We can discuss Dusk Golem's price estimates without making jokes and jabs about the RE stuff and one sided stuff please. I dont believe it'll be above $499 but I think we can disagree with him without coming off petty. It's a bit mean spirited
I asked for clarifications where the claim comes from. Any moment now he can say "it's just my estimate", or "I know someone who works at sony", or "it's from a retail source".

I don't care which one it is. But it's a completely different discussion if it's just an estimate, or it's from a real source.

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
I asked for clarifications where the claim comes from. Any moment now he can say "it's just my estimate", or "I know someone who works at sony", or "it's from a retail source".

I don't care which one it is. But it's a completely different discussion if it's just an estimate, or it's from a real source.
his source told him it's between 560 and 660 dollars
it being 549 dollars is his speculation

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Lol, I work for the City government. Audit/accounting stuff. Only $40K salary.

I've been applying to other jobs, and got an interview for a banker position a few weeks ago, but it was only $15 an hour with zero paid time off the first year so I turned them down.
Nani?? You better check your HR documents on policy then. They should not be contacting you on weekends for any type of meetings whatsoever and not compensating you for it. If they are, make sure your title falls under a category that specifically states you are ineligible for OT. At the very least, they should be giving your comp-time or something, that's ridiculous.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah. This goes for every kind of rumor. Not sure why people take things so personal.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.

From his posts in here my understanding is that:
1. His source ,who he says he doesnt want to out, has told him the price is at 60000-70000 yen.
2. His estimate after knowing that range is $549.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

To be fair no one will tell his/her source, and that is what it is, and understandable.
But i also think some leakers make it to easy for them, just the leaker can know how trustable the source is and if the position of that source makes it possible to have that information.
Sometimes i think it is something that the source heard from a source that was told that by a source.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
Best insider returns

Flash Forward next week, he's gonna use the "plans changed" argument as always:

Sans_titre-2.png

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
You would think Sony Ninjas would have gotten Dusk Golem by now if he actually new the PS5 price points guys, if he still is here we can tell his source is wrong. We know that for a fact cause we don't get insiders anymore and shinobi and zhuge are afraid to even enter here anymore due to them.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
his source told him it's between 560 and 660 dollars
it being 549 dollars is his speculation

No his source told him the Japanese price and then he convert it to US dollars .
Either way that price is nonsense just by looking at the price of parts and XSX price .
Nothing in the PS5 will cost it to be more XSX BOM and if you think other wise you have no idea about tech .

Oct 25, 2017
From his posts in here my understanding is that:
1. His source ,who he says he doesnt want to out, has told him the price is at 60000-70000 yen.
2. His estimate after knowing that range is $549.
The lower limit is not outlandish for sure. It's the upper limit that is just insane. No one would buy it for 650 dollars, especially in Japan if that 70k is meant to be a local price. Would seem weird for Sony to even consider a price like that when BOM is reported to be less than 500 dollars.

But that's enough from me for this subject. Let's wait some actual information from Sony.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Roberto is a nice insider, i choose him...

EDIT:
Ok, PlayStation5 will release on a friday, but that is better then $600

Deleted member 45773

Banned
Jul 10, 2018
My Twitter TL is usually like 60% politics, 20% games, 15% football and 5% miscellaneous. Right now it seems like it's 60% games and Sony hasn't even hinted at anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.