• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
Sony now needs to serve 399 de and 499 disc one or is ps3 drama all over again.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Well judging by all the Xbox leaks. I announce Sony PS5 the official winner of the chicken price race. Since Sony confirmed no PS5 news this week, they now get the advatange to announce $399 PS5 and $349 PS5D as a counter to MS and make it nostalgic like 2013 with more game reveals.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well the Series S is gonna give some serious momentum now I thank, ha.
Yeah for sure. If you're a casual gamer and don't care that much about Sony first party, Series S will definitely the most appealing entry-point into next gen. Imagine if they launched Halo Infinite with the Series S. They could have gotten a ton of sales from lapsed gamers that played the Halo series back in the day.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
Where are the sony leakers at ? Can we get price info too?

Just finished the first mission of Spiderman and all I was thinking is how much better Spider-man: MM is gonna be. I just want to see how fast we are going to be able to travel through the city and I hope they make the crawling better to use.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
'Cause they had zero momentum this generation and need a kick start to make their gaming business worthwhile. And they have a ton of money as a company. So it's easy to put 2 and 2 together.
I mean sure but MS has literally never been willing to take more of a bath on hardware than Sony. If anything it's Sony that's been willing to go batshit insane on losing money lol. Shit if this were pre-PS4 Sony I'd make a large wager on PS5DE/PS5 being $349/$399 if only to put Xbox out to pasture early in the gen.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I really hope this stomps the PS price down, I was thinking it was going to be Apple prices honestly
Wonder what the Dualsense adds to the cost

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Full official MS blowout coming this week, Sony to follow next week. Book it.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this puts an end to the silly $599+ speculation or maybe I have too much faith in humanity.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I mean sure but MS has literally never been willing to take more of a bath on hardware than Sony. If anything it's Sony that's been willing to go batshit insane on losing money lol. Shit if this were pre-PS4 Sony I'd make a large wager on PS5DE/PS5 being $349/$399 if only to put Xbox out to pasture early in the gen.
The amount of losses Sony took with PS3, if they did that with PS5 it would cost $299 for disk version and $199 for DE.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Now that the prices for both next gen Xbox consoles are out all eyes are on sony for how they'll price their two next gen consoles. I feel $449/$499 are the likely prices for the two SKU's.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
449/399 would be amazing. Damn Sony would really go in for the kill at that price point.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy we know Microsoft's prices first. I was fully expecting for Sony to go first and Microsoft to badly undercut them. Now, with the pressure to at least match them, I fully see PS5 going $500 and $400 for digital.

No reason to sit on this info anymore. If their rivals dates and prices are known, there's no benefit to sitting on this and I expect pre-orders to start for both ASAP. Excited to see Microsoft and Sony FINALLY try to sell us on these things properly.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
They are willing to take that loss to lock people in to seven years of digital purchases. I legitimately don't know why people think they'd be willing to produce another SKU just to have a $50 difference.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
The best move for Sony now is $349 and $399. But I know they are coming from a successful gen and will go high horse, $449 $499

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
After thinking about it, I would want $449 and 399 but i think it might be 449 and 499

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm actually surprised at the Series X $499 price point. I for sure thought it would have been $599. I wonder if they're selling it at a loss.

PS5 is probably going to be in the same price range. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.