• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
There's is no way that Xbox Series S design is real lol. By far the ugliest console I have ever seen, legitimately looks like a speaker.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm still thinking they are going to go with a $299 Digital Edition and $399 Disc version. With there being no difference between the PS5 DE and Series S as far as price goes, that will completely kill the strategy Microsoft was going for.
Nope. Lol. 399. 499(Maybe 549) is the most likely scenario.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

If the lack of a disc drive really did allow MS to get to $299, I'd expect PS5DE to be $399 (regular PS5 $499 of course)

Oct 25, 2017
It straight up does look like a speaker though lol.

But people should get ready for ugly console designs from here on out. These things have to prioritize cooling and things of that nature.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for all of ArmGunar 's analysis to be spot on and bump his thread on pricing lol

Oct 29, 2017
Although an MS SKU price was unofficially revealed first, and knowledge in Sony's case is indeed power, I could see Microsoft reveal prices first and still adjust prices accordingly if Sony tries to undercut them. I think MS is more willing to sell their consoles at a loss than Sony. Period. Full Stop.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Although an MS SKU price was unofficially revealed first, and knowledge in Sony's case is indeed power, I could see Microsoft reveal prices first and still adjust prices accordingly if Sony tries to undercut them. I think MS is more willing to sell their consoles at a loss than Sony. Period. Full Stop.
I can't see Sony undercutting a $299 price point either way.

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
This is excellent. The first silo has been launched. Hopefully this kickstarts everything else.

The only thing not making sense is why would Xbox wait until now to reveal the price if its $299. At $299, they should have known they won the price war.

That detail is the only thing making me skeptical. Also, the console design is hideous. No way that is the final look of the console.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
A $300 Series S is good for everyone. Feeling a little more confident on the PS5 DE being $400 now

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on if the PS5 allows audio to go towards headphones and your tv simultaneously?

They had this obviously convenient streaming feature in for PS3 and took it out for PS4. Why?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Too late... I have photosensitive epilepsy, already clicked. Thankfully I quickly closed it, hopefully won't trigger later like it sometimes does.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I know a couple people who deal with photosensitive epilepsy and those kinds of images can trigger them as well. Hopefully you won't have to deal with a recurrence later.

Oct 29, 2017
This is excellent. The first silo has been launched. Hopefully this kickstarts everything else.

The only thing not making sense is why would Xbox wait until now to reveal the price if its $299. At $299, they should have known they won the price war.

That detail is the only thing making me skeptical. Also, the console design is hideous. No way that is the final look of the console.

Didnt Zhuge comment on it? It seems all but official, now.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm sorry, I deleted the post now. Something like that happening never crossed my mind.
It's alright, appreciate the removal. Youtube vids are worst, a lot of streamers/broadcasters don't put warnings and you suddenly get hit with strobe in a feature or something. Happened once and later at my desk doing work I had a seizure and cut my face open narrowly missing the eye. All good fun🤪

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder where the price for the digital edition of the PS5 will fall now...

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nah, that would show weakness.

They will let the prices rock.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
It's alright, appreciate the removal. Youtube vids are worst, a lot of streamers/broadcasters don't put warnings and you suddenly get hit with strobe in a feature or something. Happened once and later at my desk doing work I had a seizure and cut my face open narrowly missing the eye. All good fun🤪

I've been seeing warnings for this stuff since I was a kid and never bothered to check what it actually was, until now. It's really fucked up, my bad :\

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
If MS was as willing to undercut Sony on price as people believe, they wouldn't have made two consoles in the first place.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Already saw people comparing this XSS price leak with the PS1 price mic drop lmao, after that I'm going to sleep and hoping that nothing big happens this dawn.

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Well I think it's confirmed... Xbox Series S is made by Ikea (almost):
eneby-portable-bluetooth-speaker-black__0672707_PE716810_S5.JPG

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If the lack of a disc drive really did allow MS to get to $299, I'd expect PS5DE to be $399 (regular PS5 $499 of course)

Nah. Series S is rumored to have weaker hardware as well as the lack of a disk drive. That doesn't seem to be the case with the PS5DE. If the only difference between the PS5 SKUs is the drive, I can't imagine PS5DE retails for less than $400. $450 is what I'd guess actually. Though $599 PS5 and $499 PS5DE could even be a possibility.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
So I see we got leaks.

For hte wrong console :(

Curious to see how digital consoles sell, and I'm glad they're there for people who want them. But care more for the prices on consoles with disc drives.

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
There's no way Sony launches their 2 next generation consoles and the cheapest one is 200 bucks more expensive than Xbox's cheaper one.

Status
Not open for further replies.