• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I just decided to replay Niche Man and it annoys that the DLC is exactly 12.49. Why can't you make it $10 Sony? I don't wanna "waste" 7 bucks.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The Legend of Dragoon, Sky Gunner, Alundra, Colony Wars, Rollcage, Wild Arms, Extermination, Primal.... just to name a few 😌
Yup, if the PS5 just had as much new ideas like the simple PS3 I'd be happy.

PS4 beyond remakes were just narrow focused in terms of game approach. I am not saying it was all the same, far from it, just that it was precise and concentrated and maybe less titles produced too.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Finished the Spider-man dlc there. I feel like the main story progress is really more for the next game with Peter but will be interested to see if any threads are brought up in Miles. Anyway, I'm ready for that game now!

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
FFXV does have beautiful world to traverse around but I did feel that the world was bland and there was nothing much to do
I really like seeing where they place the creatures in the world. Especially the big name ones. Travelling around at night and running into a creature only accessible at that time and at that specific place you are in, and the amazing design of the creatures. I just love it all. I know there is gonna be a level 100 monster somewhere in this came. Excited to find it. I'm gonna guess that will be Omega Weapon, or maybe Tiamat. Tiamat seems like a level 80 boss to me though.
FF14, started when the lockdown began in France, I'm now soon to start shadow bringer and really loved Stormblood.
Oh and BTW FF15 *puke* But I also advise everyone to play it just so they realize how lucky we are for FF7R
I haven't played FF XIV in months. I need to get back into it. I miss playing as my Viera Archer.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, if the PS5 just had as much new ideas like the simple PS3 I'd be happy.

PS4 beyond remakes were just narrow focused in terms of game approach. I am not saying it was all the same, far from it, just that it was precise and concentrated and maybe less titles produced too.
Imo the PS4 output was incredible. Just a few more japanese 1st party games would have been nice. A few JRPGs and games like Sky Gunner, Extermination, Sky Gunner, Shadow of the Colossus or Puppeteer.

One of the many reasons why I think Sony needs one more japanese 1st party studio.
(2 - 3 new 1st party studio acquisitions in general.)

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Cool, I hope you share the name of your Dreams project when you publish it.
I'm not playing much currently, but I like coming back to Dreams to check out good stuff.

It's going to be a while, but I may publish it. It's mainly a prototype for a project me and my buddy plan on either pitching to my job, or developing it ourselves, but I want to iterate a bit on the concept in Dreams, see how enjoyable or not it is, and once we're really convinced it can be a viable concept, we'll go from there! If I decided to publish the prototype on Dreams I'll definitely share it.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
It's okay, just think by this time on New Year's, you'll have your hands on a DualSense swinging around Manhattan with Miles 😄
oUii78.gif

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Imo the PS4 output was incredible. Just a few more japanese 1st party games would have been nice. A few JRPGs and games like Sky Gunner, Extermination, Sky Gunner, Shadow of the Colossus or Puppeteer.

One of the many reasons why I think Sony needs one more japanese 1st party studio.
(2 - 3 new 1st party studio acquisitions in general.)
yeah it doesn't need to be some Goliath Japanese company but someone like Media. Vision in scale among some others. Or just expand Japan Studio with key people.

Last edited:

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Let's wait and see. Maybe I will get Kena digitally (will there even be a physical copy?). I still have some PSN cash left on my account.

Well Bluepoint said their Demon's Souls will be a re-envisioning. So expect a few changes here and there 😁

As of this time it'll be a digital only release. Late last month Emberlabs stated they'll look into a possible physical release latter on but it would be impractical to expect a small dev making their first game to be able to afford a mass physical release unless they find a publisher willing to help with costs and distribution.

Definitely curious to see what changes/liberties Bluepoint might end up making.

when's the next update for the LTTP ?

My The last Guardian LTTP? I'm hoping by this weekend to have another progress update since I know it's been quite awhile since my last one.

I'm excited to see how they fit the character tendency and world tendency into the remake

I'm may not be the biggest souls fan but I've been interested in seeing what ways the remake goes about recreating the original game. Wonder when we'll get another trailer.

ShivereZ

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
Mauritius
I honestly would like to know... both consoles are likely to release around November and will likely be in the $500 range. At this point, if you need to save, you know how much and when for approximately.

In this day and age, Do we really need to know more than 2 months in advance? Does it really matter if they give the price in mid October?

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get to the train in FFXV before I switched gears to The Last Guardian, Nioh, and Horizon. How far was I from the end?

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
So, what are y'all currently playing? As some of you already know, I'm playing one of the best games ever made, Final Fantasy XV. Highly recommend everyone in this thread play it.

Platinumed Ghost. Still playing Fall guys from time to time. Most likely gonna play COD WW2 this week.

Also, installed Spellbreak. Maybe need to give it a try this weekend depending on how much time free time I'll end up with

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Polpyphony 😂
Can you fix a few more little things in the OT 😉

guer41jbh.jpg

Their correct name is "Guerrilla Games".
(Wrong in the "Achievements" section and "Rumor Section")

snatan8ktc.jpg

Their full name is "Santa Monica Studio", just like "San Diego Studio", which is correct on your list.
(Wrong in the "Achievements" section, correct in the "Rumor Section")

polydgjrs.jpg

They're called "Polyphony Digital".

sucker2mk2c.jpg

Their full name is "Sucker Punch Productions"

londonlykp8.jpg

Full name here is actually "SIE London Studio".
(Wrong in the "Achievements" section, correct in the "Rumor Section".)

sandiego18k42.jpg

Just use "San Diego Studio" here, like they do on their official page.
(Correct in the "Achievements" section, wrong in the "Rumor Section")

xdev1jkwi.jpg

They call themselves "Sony XDev Europe" now.
(In the Support Teams" section.)

snjpgmbjru.jpg

It's "SN Systems" as can be seen on their official page.
(In the Support Teams" section.)

Would look nicer and more "einheitlicher" 😁
Well.... AN DIE ARBEIT!!!!

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
Platinumed Ghost. Still playing Fall guys from time to time. Most likely gonna play COD WW2 this week.

Also, installed Spellbreak. Maybe need to give it a try this weekend depending on how much time free time I'll end up with
I played Spellbreak when it was in it's Beta. Loved the idea behind it, the gameplay itself, not so much. I didn't play it a lot during the beta, so I never got a proper feel for the controls. I do want to go back and check it out now that it is officially released. Hopefully I like it more this time around.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well the Series S got revealed/leaked @$299

I think it makes PS5DE @ $399 much more likely tbh

Edit:
If you love classic jrpgs and blatantly plagiarized Ennio Morricone music (I certainly do!) then yeah, definitely check the series out.
I do indeed like both those things. Could tell the bootleg Morricone off the top lol but I wasn't expecting it, so I was pleasantly surprised.

saintjules

Dec 20, 2019
Yo this kicks ass

I've never played Wild Arms, is it any good?

Loved it. It's in my top 10 of best JRPGs ever.

When I first got the game back in 1997, I was actually looking for FFVII, but was told it wasn't out yet. This was back when I used game magazines to find out info on new titles. Got this at Toys R Us. Good decision ultimately.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still thinking they are going to go with a $299 Digital Edition and $399 Disc version. With there being no difference between the PS5 DE and Series S as far as price goes, that will completely kill the strategy Microsoft was going for.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still thinking they are going to go with a $299 Digital Edition and $399 Disc version. With there being no difference between the PS5 DE and Series S as far as price goes, that will completely kill the strategy Microsoft was going for.

Considering the tech, Sony would probably be losing too much on each unit sold.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
That'd be beyond insane, I highly doubt that's even a possibility. I still think $400-$500 for the 2 SKUs, MAYBE $400-$450.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

Nah, that would result in a huge loss for them. Series S can be that cheap because the internals are indeed cheaper.

But I can see Sony trying to put the two models at a closer price like 399 and 449 or 449 and 499.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
You're out of your mind if you think PS5 Digital Edition will be $100 cheaper than PS4 Pro, let alone PS5 standard.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I think Sony will give PS5 DE for free.

The catch is it'll have Knack and The Order 1886 preloaded and you can't delete them.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Series S leak will hopefully get both of these manufacturers to get off their asses and start talking, because it's getting ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.