• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine posting all them ape escape vids after my suffering
bwdovjsp_400x400qjjx5.png

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
So, what are y'all currently playing? As some of you already know, I'm playing one of the best games ever made, Final Fantasy XV. Highly recommend everyone in this thread play it.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Well, TheRealTalker was all alone here with his JRPG dreams. He clearly needs some backup 😌

you underestimate my desire for JRPGs, I'm just more focused on PlayStation stuff here but as soon as I get a sniffle on an exclusive first party JRPG then I'm gonna be championing to the end. we still have an exclusive JRPG with ReLink and Project Awakening

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
So, what are y'all currently playing? As some of you already know, I'm playing one of the best games ever made, Final Fantasy XV. Highly recommend everyone in this thread play it.

I've been playing a mix of The Last Guardian as well as playing an hour or so of Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town on the switch before bed most days.

It may not be my favorite Final Fantasy game but FF15 was a fun game to play. Got the platinum some time ago but still need to go back and play the DLC eventually. Enjoy! Is it your first time playing it or are you replaying it?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully you're hear to stay once. I also hope everything is going well in your personal life (as best as can be given how this year has been) as I know you needed a break over much of the summer and was in a tough spot.
Personal life was and is great. (New) job is awesome. Hobby-wise only the gaming-side sucked a little bit, but hey, you can't have it all 😉

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Personal life was and is great. (New) job is awesome. Hobby-wise only the gaming-side sucked a little bit, but hey, you can't have it all 😉

I'm really glad to hear that you're doing better. Congrats on the new job! I do really hope you can find a game you can enjoy again soon. Lastly if things in your personal life ever takes a turn back downwards my PM's are always open if you ever need someone to talk to.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Omnistalgic Rommaz Bundy MegaSackman WordsintheWater
The direct thread has burned throught several OT with nothing but speculations. Remember that nintendo has also been Silent ™. So the fact that Soony has decided that there won't be any news this week means that we can talk about our hopes and dreams AGAIN.

As you say HelixGizmod the people on that thread are a whole different level and the fanboy in me believes that not only can we reach their level but also surpass it.
naruto-thumbs-up-e1579277153717.jpg

I'm not being serious at all

I promise to help burn through an entire OT if we get a megaton in the next few weeks

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina

Dreams at night, Captain Tsubasa on weekends, Super Mario Odyssey during the afternoon after work.

I might add some Spiritfarer and Darksiders Genesis this weekend instead of Tsubasa (which I've finished several times already)

Also, I binged The Boys yesterday, it's awesome.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really glad to hear that you're doing better. Congrats on the new job! I do really hope you can find a game you can enjoy again soon. Lastly if things in your personal life ever takes a turn back downwards my PM's are always open if you ever need someone to talk to.
Nice to hear ;) Same goes for you. Just PM me if you need to talk to somebody. A game I can enjoy again? Dark Souls Remastered is doing the job right now. And then there are Spider-Man: MM and Demon's Souls soony 😁

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Dark Souls Remastered right now.
I never played the first Dark Souls. I have the 3rd one but haven't played too much of it. Need to get back on that one of these days.
I've been playing a mix of The Last Guardian as well as playing an hour or so of Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town on the switch before bed most days.

It may not be my favorite Final Fantasy game but FF15 was a fun game to play. Got the platinum some time ago but still need to go back and play the DLC eventually. Enjoy! Is it your first time playing it or are you replaying it?
First time playing. On Chapter 3. 45 hours in. Characters are level 53. Have 5 Armigers. Disappointed thre is only 13 armigers. Should be 15. Cid is making me Ultima weapon. Taking his sweet ass time too. It's been like three hours since I gave him the item to upgrade it. I'm in love with this game.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019

although I never played much CoD, I did enjoy playing the shit out the campaigns and now since I have the 2 games remastered, I've been playing CoD:MW on veteran after which I want to jump on to MW2. SOMA after that most likely. I have huge ass backlog (thank the maker for PS5 BC)

also in other news, I didn't get the final word on the last thread, Astro did. I hope you're happy lol :p

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
I'm binging Super Robot wars games on PS2 and PSP. Been going pretty well.

And yes, FFXV is great. I replayed it earlier this year and feel like doing it again already.
I miss my PSP. I wish I never sold it to put money towards a new DS. Stupid kid me.
Dreams at night, Captain Tsubasa on weekends, Super Mario Odyssey during the afternoon after work.

I might add some Spiritfarer and Darksiders Genesis this weekend instead of Tsubasa (which I've finished several times already)

Also, I binged The Boys yesterday, it's awesome.
I need to get back into dreams. Really with they would add support for mouse and keyboard. I just can't make stuff with the controller.
although I never played much CoD, I did enjoy playing the shit out the campaigns and now since I have the 2 games remastered, I've been playing CoD:MW on veteran after which I want to jump on to MW2. SOMA after that most likely. I have huge ass backlog (thank the maker for PS5 BC)

also in other news, I didn't get the final word on the last thread, Astro did. I hope you're happy lol :p
Was never really a big fan of the CoD campaigns. Multiplayer was and still is really fun though. And yes, I am happy you didn't get the final word. Lol :p

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I tried it...and after 4 hours I'm like, an FF game that's boring me? What is this? I even managed to finish FFXlll without any trouble.

The bro-code vibes was not at all appealing...and I was waiting for the story to pick up before I gave up. Also felt like the combat was missing something? I dunno but FF7R definitely felt a lot better.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to hear ;) Same goes for you. Just PM me if you need to talk to somebody. A game I can enjoy again? Dark Souls Remastered is doing the job right now. And then there are Spider-Man: MM and Demon's Souls soony 😁

Thank you, that's very kind of you to offer. Enjoy Dark Souls Remastered, it was really nice to be able to play through Blighttown without the massive frame rate/performance drops. Are you looking forward to Kena as well?

First time playing. On Chapter 3. 45 hours in. Characters are level 53. Have 5 Armigers. Disappointed thre is only 13 armigers. Should be 15. Cid is making me Ultima weapon. Taking his sweet ass time too. It's been like three hours since I gave him the item to upgrade it. I'm in love with this game.

You've certainly played a lot/done a lot of side stuff so early on and only being so early in the main story too. It's been so long since I last played the game but I believe I did the same as well. Please feel free to post progress updates as you play or even make a LTTP thread if you're comfortable doing so. I'd enjoy reading your progress updates.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I'm really starting to believe the rumor that the PS5 will come later to Europe.
And that fucking sucks since everyone on YouTube and other media are going to spoil the launch games like Miles Morales.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you, that's very kind of you to offer. Enjoy Dark Souls Remastered, it was really nice to be able to play through Blighttown without the massive frame rate/performance drops. Are you looking forward to Kena as well?
Will get/play Kena, if Demon's Souls isn't a launch game.
Blighttown was still awful in the Remaster, but hey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Tons of lost I.Ps that Sony have. People say some are just "mediocre" but I don't remember Final Fantasy 1 or Uncharted 1 being the bees knees.

You got to either try again and get better results or make new I.Ps.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
I tried it...and after 4 hours I'm like, an FF game that's boring me? What is this? I even managed to finish FFXlll without any trouble.

The bro-code vibes was not at all appealing...and I was waiting for the story to pick up before I gave up. Also felt like the combat was missing something? I dunno but FF7R definitely felt a lot better.
The combat feels like a more refined version of FF XII and XIII to me. The only problem with the combat for me so far, is the camera. How am I supposed to know when to block an attack when there is a tree in the way? Other than that, I'm having a blast. Now if could get this combat style with the job system, I would be heaven right now.
You've certainly played a lot/done a lot of side stuff so early on and only being so early in the main story too. It's been so long since I last played the game but I believe I did the same as well. Please feel free to post progress updates as you play or even make a LTTP thread if you're comfortable doing so. I'd enjoy reading your progress updates.
I'm doing all the side quests and hunts before doing story stuff. I just love traversing the world and I love the designs for the creatures. The stamina is the only thing annoying me. There's no point for it so far, other than getting in my way. The games actually been pretty easy. Haven't gotten a game over yet thanks to always having plenty of curatives.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tons of lost I.Ps that Sony have. People say some are just "mediocre" but I don't remember Final Fantasy 1 or Uncharted 1 being the bees knees.

You got to either try again and get better results or make new I.Ps.
The Legend of Dragoon, Sky Gunner, Alundra, Colony Wars, Rollcage, Wild Arms, Extermination, Primal.... just to name a few 😌

Last edited:

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
I'm really starting to believe the rumor that the PS5 will come later to Europe.
And that fucking sucks since everyone on YouTube and other media are going to spoil the launch games like Miles Morales.
I doubt Sony is gonna leave a market so big as Europe waiting for the console. Unless they are facing distributions issues due to COVID and even then I think they would prefer to just delay the launch.
This is the most awful thing I've seen all week but I'm still laughing...

youtu.be

Why We Still Waiting for PS5?

Support Foxy Games UK via Patreon link https://www.patreon.com/foxygamesuk Follow via Twitter @foxygames_uk LinksSUBSCRIBE TO FOXY GAMES UK for everything G...
Thanks, I hate you now lol.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not both?
It does make me wonder how they'll handle the Valley of Defilement in the DeS remake though.
Let's wait and see. Maybe I will get Kena digitally (will there even be a physical copy?). I still have some PSN cash left on my account.

Well Bluepoint said their Demon's Souls will be a re-envisioning. So expect a few changes here and there 😁

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm doing all the side quests and hunts before doing story stuff. I just love traversing the world and I love the designs for the creatures. The stamina is the only thing annoying me. There's no point for it so far, other than getting in my way. The games actually been pretty easy. Haven't gotten a game over yet thanks to always having plenty of curatives.
FFXV does have beautiful world to traverse around but I did feel that the world was bland and there was nothing much to do

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017

when's the next update for the LTTP ?
FF14, started when the lockdown began in France, I'm now soon to start shadow bringer and really loved Stormblood.
Oh and BTW FF15 *puke* But I also advise everyone to play it just so they realize how lucky we are for FF7R.

Status
Not open for further replies.