• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Here we go again.

Will we get the price and release date in this thread? Or will we rock up in November every day to stores to see if it has been released? Who knows at this point. 🤷‍♂️

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with next week focusing on PS NOW if said PSNOW focus is about revamping the program to include more PS consoles, better resolution, enhancements, etc...

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally able to take a closer look at the OP and the new banners you made Nagito are fantastic. Miles fits so well on the new Insomniac banner.

I see I'm #1 on the Hall of Shame for the second consecutive OT too, not sure how to feel about that.

Last edited:

Zachary_Games

Jul 31, 2020
Will RDR2 receive a PS5 patch? It's in my backlog. My reason for keeping it there is to play it on PS5 with hopefully improved performance, resolution, and if I'm lucky, maybe added graphics.

A big reason why I want PS5 is to play games in my backlog on a new LG OLED TV in HDR and 4K.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Look at the name of the trophy I just got on Nexomon Extinction lol. An OT title that was robbed from us.

6-F0-BA283-9-EB7-4-EEC-B43-B-27-FDB1236221.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Lol no way. GTA V never got a PRO/X patch and instead were getting another set of ports XD
R* is 100% going to sell a next gen port of RDR2.
And even if they do it won't be anytime soon. They wouldn't have announced the port of GTAV a year in advance if they were going to release RDR2 sooner. So, I would say 2022 would be the earliest, if they do it at all.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
So I was talking to a colleague at work who's very into Xbox and how disappointing he is with the Series X so far (outside of the power) in regards to new software and the Halo delay. And it kinda dawned on me how MS may not have any big software release for good knows how long. We could be waiting till at least Spring for something substantial (and at this point, even that could be wishful thinking). By even that time alone, Sony will have a few big hitters out (roughly the likes of Spider-Man, Ratchet, Demons Souls and maybe more) before Xbox has woken up. With the threat of Sony having a banging first year and MS so far looking vulnerable, PS5 may look to have very good momentum by the time Halo and the like are ready to go. Of course there's so little really known yet but what's been shown so far leaves you wondering just what MS were thinking in the software planning.

Spicy Noodles

May 29, 2018
I have a question if the dualsense can simulate cars going through muds and off road... Etc with haptic feedback can it simulate bouncing boobs in each grib?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I honestly liked more what Xbox had in terms of special editions. It sounds like Sony does have some interesting plans for customization since they mentioned even the console is more easy to customize now or something like that, so we shall see what they offer next-gen.

As a whole it feels like Sony has put less of an emphasis on limited edition consoles then a company like Microsoft. Going back to last gen with the PS3, very few limited edition consoles were ever released in the west. Japan actually got a fairly large variety of PS3 limited editions but Microsoft and the 360 still had more variety be it the changeable face plates early in the gen to the limited edition 360 consoles later in the gen. The PS5 does have the potential to have a wide variety of customization when it comes to limited edition designs, we'll just see if Sony ends up taking advantage of the possibilities.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
So I was talking to a colleague at work who's very into Xbox and how disappointing he is with the Series X so far (outside of the power) in regards to new software and the Halo delay. And it kinda dawned on me how MS may not have any big software release for good knows how long. We could be waiting till at least Spring for something substantial (and at this point, even that could be wishful thinking). By even that time alone, Sony will have a few big hitters out (roughly the likes of Spider-Man, Ratchet, Demons Souls and maybe more) before Xbox has woken up. With the threat of Sony having a banging first year and MS so far looking vulnerable, PS5 may look to have very good momentum by the time Halo and the like are ready to go. Of course there's so little really known yet but what's been shown so far leaves you wondering just what MS were thinking in the software planning.

This plus the last few months on PS4 (A VERY strong finish), it puts Sony in a good place. It's not to say that MS haven't realised any games, let alone good ones, far from it! They're released a bunch of really great games but they sadly haven't had the limelight that Sony's games have been getting (Outside of maybe Ori 2 and Flight Simulator, both of which look amazing).

It creates the impression that not much has been happening on their side of things, and with the delay of their major launch title it does sour the mood a bit for their launch. But of course they can easily turn it around after launch, and it's not like XSX isn't a great piece of hardware with good software support, it's just a matter of time to see how heavy hitters pan out and MS Game Studios get into the swing of things.

Back on the topic of Playstation, since my time with Ghost of Tsushima is drawing closer to the end (Completed all the Tales, Bamboo Strikes and wrapping up the last bits of exploration), I will be chasing platinum trophies for Uncharted 4, Dreams, and TLOU2. That'll keep me occupied for a good few months.

Hopefully by then Sony will have shown off the power cable or something lol :)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
For those that were interested were those Ape Escape Protagonist stickers on the Shame Board came from and if they wanted a larger size of said picture, I stumbled upon the OG art.
_fanart__ape_escape_kids_by_kiilugon_dbplz46-fullview.png

Artist

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh i didn't notice that - i try to contact a mod for a fix
Can you fix a few more little things in the OT 😉

guer41jbh.jpg

Their correct name is "Guerrilla Games".
(Wrong in the "Achievements" section and "Rumor Section")

snatan8ktc.jpg

Their full name is "Santa Monica Studio", just like "San Diego Studio", which is correct on your list.
(Wrong in the "Achievements" section, correct in the "Rumor Section")

polydgjrs.jpg

They're called "Polyphony Digital".

sucker2mk2c.jpg

Their full name is "Sucker Punch Productions"

londonlykp8.jpg

Full name here is actually "SIE London Studio".
(Wrong in the "Achievements" section, correct in the "Rumor Section".)

sandiego18k42.jpg

Just use "San Diego Studio" here, like they do on their official page.
(Correct in the "Achievements" section, wrong in the "Rumor Section")

xdev1jkwi.jpg

They call themselves "Sony XDev Europe" now.
(In the Support Teams" section.)

snjpgmbjru.jpg

It's "SN Systems" as can be seen on their official page.
(In the Support Teams" section.)

Would look nicer and more "einheitlicher" 😁
Well.... AN DIE ARBEIT!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.