• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Congrats bud! It looks great so far and I've already added it to my bookmarks. Good luck! Looking forward to your reaction post when All Stars 2 finally gets announced.
I have no idea how I missed replying to you. I am SO SORRY buddy. Also, can I add you to PSN soon or something? :P

Great to have you here, Marsipan. Love you back <3
Always great being here and some goes to you <3

We love you too 💙
<3

awww Marsipan! it's good to have you here too ❤
also plz the begging will never stop.
Awh, thanks <3
Hell no it won't stop! One day we'll get Sony to make All Stars 2, Ape Escape and somehow get Facebook to lend RAD for a Order sequel lol.

<3

Thank you so much, Marsipan! I hope you and your family are staying safe as well! :)
Thanks! We've all been able to stay away from COVID luckily! Still on lockdown together with my girlfriend + Im only working 40%, but its fine :) <3

Oct 25, 2017
yup...If they wait for special editions for different colors on PS5 I'm only buying 1-2 controllers. F' that...give us smoke, black, red, blue, etc...first year. And they should really take inspiration from those mock-ups when the DualSense was first revealed. Some of them were really great and looked professionally done.
Yeah some of those mock-ups looked real nice. It's kinda weird how the real custom colored controllers and consoles don't always look so good while there are these amazing fan mock-ups. I have hope we have some color variations near launch since DS4 had some too when PS4 launched.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Thank you <3

I made it to celebrate the Dragon Quest anime that will air from October 3rd. My editing skills are poor but I had to do something :D

hey I liked that Doc Strange avatar, it was super unique. btw this Dragon Quest is pretty good too ☺️

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Yeah some of those mock-ups looked real nice. It's kinda weird how the real custom colored controllers and consoles don't always look so good while there are these amazing fan mock-ups. I have hope we have some color variations near launch since DS4 had some too when PS4 launched.
I'm assuming the popularity of the controllers don't really come down to colors and customization so it might not be a lot of additional income to be made off of catering to fans of customization options. I personally was hoping that PS direct meant more customized stuff for the hardcore from PS...but no evidence of it so far..PS...i need this tho
FTo28y1-9599.jpg

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I remember before Part II's release that Anthony Newman (PII's co-director) said they're were going to redefine AAA gaming with it. And now all of a sudden you've got companies listing AAAA games in job listings and Linkedin profiles.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the popularity of the controllers don't really come down to colors and customization so it might not be a lot of additional income to be made off of catering to fans of customization options. I personally was hoping that PS direct meant more customized stuff for the hardcore from PS...but no evidence of it so far..PS...i need this tho
FTo28y1-9599.jpg
Yeah, that DualSense would be cool. I really hope PlayStation has a controller lab this generation similar to Xbox where you can customize your controller and order it. A wide variety of colors and a chance to add colors to the symbols of the buttons would be nice.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's hard to tell if they might prioritize shipping out as many as they can of the launch color just to be able to ship out as much as they can given shipping speed challenges, though maybe they can ship out multiple colors just fine too, either way I've got to imagine that at least once we get a little passed launch that they'll quickly be releasing multiple colors. Like you said, they've always had multiple colors available.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
New thread, new all stars begging 😁

Great thread as always, super impressed!!
Also, I want to say to everyone in the OT. I truly love you all and I hope you feel good during this lockdown. You're all like my real friends, the only difference is that we're talking on a forum.

Thanks for making me happy!

Thank you my friend, please stay safe.❤️

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
The Sony Ninjas are all laughing at us right now thinking we gonna get a price and release date in this thread.

Oct 25, 2017
Well think of it this way, after this week they get PSVR out of the way, what's left for them to tease us on? Next week is the week, 100 percent for sure.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I hope with the PS5 we get more out of the box limited edition consoles and designs. I feel Microsoft did a better job this gen in regards to special edition consoles. Felt like a large amount of special edition PS4's were just the standard black one with a decal engraved on the HDD side of the top of the system.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's hard to tell if they might prioritize shipping out as many as they can of the launch color just to be able to ship out as much as they can given shipping speed challenges, though maybe they can ship out multiple colors just fine too, either way I've got to imagine that at least once we get a little passed launch that they'll quickly be releasing multiple colors. Like you said, they've always had multiple colors available.
That's a good point. It could very well be that multiple colors won't be at launch but a bit later.
I hope with the PS5 we get more out of the box limited edition consoles and designs. I feel Microsoft did a better job this gen in regards to special edition consoles. Felt like a large amount of special edition PS4's were just the standard black one with a decal engraved on the HDD side of the top of the system.
Yeah, I honestly liked more what Xbox had in terms of special editions. It sounds like Sony does have some interesting plans for customization since they mentioned even the console is more easy to customize now or something like that, so we shall see what they offer next-gen.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I always wanted PlayStation to have something like the Design Lab for the DS4 but this is something they can definitely sort out with the DualSense. especially with that dual tone design, the customization options will look far more fitting on that controller

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
Confidence, 13 will be the one.

Would of been nice to get updated numbers for Spidey on the anniversary

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I have way too many games to play and get through now that I don't have enough brain bandwidth for the PS5. It's going to be a $400-$600 console releasing probably around November to capitalize on the holiday season. There's a new Spidey releasing, a new Ratchet, and Demon's Souls. That's honestly all I need to know at the moment. My money is squirreled away, so I'm just waiting for release date. Well, I guess pre-order availability is the only news I actually care about, technically.

I'm currently playing Avengers, and really enjoying that, as well as some roguelikes I snagged over the weekend: Sword of Ditto, Death Road to Canada, Atomicrops, and RAD. Been really enjoying those! And I'm making some slow headway on my Dreams project. Finally got enemy AI up and running, so now it's refining, and bug testing, then building out more of the prototype. I'm thinking Dreams is going to be one of those games that's really going to benefit from a PS5 update/version. I'm hoping it gets an update, although if they were to release a specific PS5 edition, I admit I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.