• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next OT Name

• These Violent Bribes have Exclusive Ends

Votes: 38 4.8%
  • The One With the Price and Release Date. Maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/

Votes: 244 30.6%
  • Pre-register to be considered for |OT14|

Votes: 120 15.0%
  • Invitation Only

Votes: 37 4.6%
  • Not backwards compatible with OT10 or OT11, only with OT12

Votes: 62 7.8%
  • So anti-consumer you can't even pre-order

Votes: 68 8.5%
  • Silent but Violent

Votes: 229 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I got that impression from 3 people who played the beta so I was just echoing their sentiment, they even said Kamala plays better than most of the O.G Avengers roster as always I'll need to see the game for myself during the Open Beta phase to see what I really feel
Sorry I drank a bit today I thought I ditched that replay cuz I didn't want to be negative but it stuck and didn't notice it. Was going to say you only play cap for a very very tiny fraction so I'm not sure why people say that. Sorry for the half nonsense post. I didn't enjoy it all that much at the end and don't want bleed that in here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
That's good since Cap is the best MCU hero.

*runs*
lxaMlx8.gif

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Did they not watch the PS5 reveal? How can you can come up with that conclusion? There were plenty of 1st party games announced.
Sony know that,despite the success of Ps4, some things have lots of room for improvement: noisy hardware is one, as mentioned by Cerny's talk. Another one could be the launch window period, wasn't great on ps4 or xbo, so with Gamepass being there, since ms seems to have their first party still not ready, offering a much better rage of important games may be key in the first two years until wws start to release games

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
What If Sony decided to make 10M PS5's by end of February 2021 due to the killer 3 Punch combo:

- $399 Price DE
- Big Timed Exclusives
- Big First Party

All by end of February 2021.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to believe we'll get another Dead Space.

2 was the last one, and I've accepted that.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Sony know that,despite the success of Ps4, some things have lots of room for improvement: noisy hardware is one, as mentioned by Cerny's talk. Another one could be the launch window period, wasn't great on ps4 or xbo, so with Gamepass being there, since ms seems to have their first party still not ready, offering a much better rage of important games may be key in the first two years until wws start to release games
Except that WWS are already releasing games this year and next - 9 games to be exact.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Except that WWS are already releasing games this year and next - 9 games to be exact.
Well, not sure about PS5 launch window line up, but some studios won't be ready for ps5 after the last 3 amazing years.
I guess Spiderman and demon's souls would be the big games from Sony, joined by a few third party exclusivities (full or timed) until Guerrilla, Santa Monica, ND deliver their potential 10 million sales games.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
Well, not sure about PS5 launch window line up, but some studios won't be ready for ps5 after the last 3 amazing years.
I guess Spiderman and demon's souls would be the big games from Sony, joined by a few third party exclusivities (full or timed) until Guerrilla, Santa Monica, ND deliver their potential 10 million sales games.
GG said Horizon FW is aimed for 2021, and Ratchet and GT are also most likely 2021 - but we don't know for sure. 2022 onwards should be SSM/Bend/etc

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
GG said Horizon FW is aimed for 2021, and Ratchet and GT are also most likely 2021 - but we don't know for sure. 2022 onwards should be SSM/Bend/etc
I didn't know that
Great. Still the more the better, a steady flow of games first and third party like this year (FFVIi , Nioh2 + Tlou2, Got) would be awesome, and cater to a wide range of gamers

Oct 25, 2017
people are saying Cap and Thor are fun to play, which is great new for for Cap fan like me. apparently Iron Man failed to grab some folks...
That's funny cause Iron Man is my favorite so far :D But I kinda like them all. They have enough differentiating factors and are fun to play. We could only play short sections with Cap and Thor cause they're not playable on multiplayer so hard to say much about them (skills, gears, progression, outfits etc.).

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Generally speaking, is there any harm in reverting back to the old firmware if you're on the beta? I had to do that earlier. I thought it'd be fine not being able to join parties, but it was really annoying. In the future, I likely won't bother with beta firmware.

Lacrimosis

Dec 13, 2019
If you post something from following twitters you are a bad person:

Tidux
Foxy
Roberto

I should update my PlayStation Meme Thread today, Sucker Punch has been busy making lots of them.

Put those gifs in as well.

ezgif-4-11c25fba8920.gif

ezgif-4-a606915e10e7.gif

Generally speaking, is there any harm in reverting back to the old firmware if you're on the beta? I had to do that earlier. I thought it'd be fine not being able to join parties, but it was really annoying. In the future, I likely won't bother with beta firmware.

Nay, no harm.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I got that impression from 3 people who played the beta so I was just echoing their sentiment, they even said Kamala plays better than most of the O.G Avengers roster as always I'll need to see the game for myself during the Open Beta phase to see what I really feel
Kamala play like classic Kratos, I swear her heavy attack combo string is direct rip off from Kratos attacks, lol

Many of her attack cover wide area and unlike Hulk, she's pretty agile. She's probably the easiest character to pick up and play.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Hmm. *IF* there is any truth to this it could be the total cost for all of these supposed exclusive games/content?

I can't see such a cheque being thrown down on a single game, not even for a full year of GTA6 exclusivity.
If it were true, that sort of check for a single game? It would be full exclusive and a big big game in terms of popularity. Remember they bought an entire studio (insomniac) for less than half of that.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
A little bit dissapointed right now, that my first Thread managed to get only 1 reply. Especially because it was something that i was really interested in discussing ;(

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It does make me laugh how the big talking points on this site ebb and flow depending on the latest rumours. We had days and days of Xbox Live Gold being free and what will Sony do about it, and now we're going to have days and days of timed exclusives on PS5 and what will Microsoft do about it. Both stories started and fuelled by little more than "insider" teases.

Just seems a bit crazy. I know it's a gaming discussion board, but lately I feel like there's very little substance to what's actually being discussed.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
If it were true, that sort of check for a single game? It would be full exclusive and a big big game in terms of popularity. Remember they bought an entire studio (insomniac) for less than half of that.

That is why I'm thinking if there is any truth in the $750 million figure it can only be the total amount Sony are investing for exclusive stuff for multiple (big) games.

As you say, that amount of money could buy a couple of big studios or fund 2-3 ND games. No way GTA6 is totally exclusive and no way that amount would be spent on a single game.

Or as most think....Foxy is embellishing the current top rumour!

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
That's so nice. Thank you ! Boy am i glad that i don't have a horse in this peanut butter debate :)
Also it should not discouraged from making threads in the future, even if this one doesn't get traction.
I used to be a blogger and often seen blogs I put a lot effort into it and just get 3 comments. Sometimes this stuff just happens, and you posted on a time that most people seem focus on the exclusives debate.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
That is why I'm thinking if there is any truth in the $750 million figure it can only be the total amount Sony are investing for exclusive stuff for multiple (big) games.

As you say, that amount of money could buy a couple of big studios or fund 2-3 ND games. No way GTA6 is totally exclusive and no way that amount would be spent on a single game.

Or as most think....Foxy is embellishing the current top rumour!

That sort of money is crazy for one game and could only be GTA to tell the truth .
If we do some math 750 million is 15 million plus copies at DD profit , with disc it would be even more copies .
Not even COD does that on XB .

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
excited to play as Kamala, but as for buying the full game in September. I really don't know if I will, and I hate saying that considering how much I adore these characters, hopefully this beta changes my mind
Beta sold me on the game, because before I was very much on the fence. I mean, its gonna have a ton of issues especially at launch and I expect it to be a 7/10 game at best because the GaaS stuff so much feels like it was inserted into the game to artificially lengthen it, yet thanks to how much I'm loving the combat, I... almost welcome some of these extra missions just to fight even more (much in the way I like the strongholds in GoT just as an excuse to fight huge hordes of enemies, even though they are basically just copy/paste encounters).

Story stuff is quality though, so even with all the other content, I reckon the story will be worth the asking price for the game alone. And if each character gets tailored story missions (even post launch ones like Hawkeye, Black Panther, Ant Man, Spidey etc.) then I'll definitely return to the game tons.

And after spending more time on the game this morning, I'm warming to Iron Man as well. Not as fun as Ms Marvel, but again once you start unlocking more moves, he's way more fun to use, especially in larger arenas where you can really take advantage of his flight moves.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Also it should not discouraged from making threads in the future, even if this one doesn't get traction.
I used to be a blogger and often seen blogs I put a lot effort into it and just get 3 comments. Sometimes this stuff just happens, and you posted on a time that most people seem focus on the exclusives debate.
I never thought about that. Especially because to me this discussion about timed exclusives is so boring, there is not a lot to discuss imo. But yeah that Avengers thread didn't get over 70 pages out of nowhere.

Dec 4, 2017
London
I'm not going to lie, I would lose my shit if a new Dead Space was announced. Hell, even a remake of the first and/or second would have me flinging my own personal detritus around in glee.

Oct 27, 2017
It does make me laugh how the big talking points on this site ebb and flow depending on the latest rumours. We had days and days of Xbox Live Gold being free and what will Sony do about it, and now we're going to have days and days of timed exclusives on PS5 and what will Microsoft do about it. Both stories started and fuelled by little more than "insider" teases.

Just seems a bit crazy. I know it's a gaming discussion board, but lately I feel like there's very little substance to what's actually being discussed.
There's no substance cause MS and Sony ain't telling us a damn thing, it's why this lead up is so frustrating. 3 months and we still don't any about the games that's coming, hell the 3rd party pubs just as guilty.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Awful source, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was real.

Doesn't seem trustworthy at all, but at that amount, I'd assumed it'd be for multiple games from one publisher.

I got an insane thought here, but on top of Project Athia & The Avenger's PlayStation Advantage deal, What if Sony secured a generation of deals with Square Enix for Final Fantasy XVI (2022?), Kingdom Hearts 4 (2023?), and Final Fantasy VII Remake 2 (2024?). Maybe even Platinum Game's Babylon's Fall becoming a PS5 only title too. That, to me, would be a crazy deal which the scale would shock me.

Status
Not open for further replies.