• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Next OT Name

• These Violent Bribes have Exclusive Ends

Votes: 38 4.8%
  • The One With the Price and Release Date. Maybe ¯\_(ツ)_/

Votes: 244 30.6%
  • Pre-register to be considered for |OT14|

Votes: 120 15.0%
  • Invitation Only

Votes: 37 4.6%
  • Not backwards compatible with OT10 or OT11, only with OT12

Votes: 62 7.8%
  • So anti-consumer you can't even pre-order

Votes: 68 8.5%
  • Silent but Violent

Votes: 229 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
There is a rumor that all games with PlayStation Advantage deal will have to use one common box theme on all platforms.

Every exclusivity deal from Sony includes this PlayStation Advantage theme and will clearly show all the... advantages.

The rumored box for Marvel Avengers:

advantageboxgxk7p.jpg

/jk

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Facts. I hope Hermen Hulst likes JRPGs 👀
Yup, hopefully he's a fan of them.

So ready for the fireworks.
That GTA rumor still crazy but starting to sound slightly less so as maybe one of them, especially after giving them the valuable opening spot of their big PS5 show talking about Rockstar and letting them show off their PS4/5 game one more time before the main PS5 part of the show started. Still highly doubt it but everyone complained about the oddness of that opening.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
That GTA rumor still crazy but starting to sound slightly less so as maybe one of them, especially after giving them the valuable opening spot of their big PS5 show talking about Rockstar and letting them show off their PS4/5 game one more time before the main PS5 part of the show started. Still highly doubt it but everyone complained about the oddness of that opening.

I think the big deal was the timed exclusive GTA Online free for every PS5.
There will be no exclusive GTA 6, but i could see again some exclusive story missions.
Actually i think that is the only way to get story missions for GTA, but it surely would be expensive.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I think the big deal was the timed exclusive GTA Online free for every PS5.
There will be now exclusive GTA 6, but i could see again some exclusive story missions.
Actually i think that is the only way to get story missions for GTA, but it surely would be expensive.
Agreed. I don't think it's likely at all, and probably too high a price to be worth it judging by their old 360 deal, GTA Online was a good move, it showing up the way it did just always makes me think of that old ancient timed exclusive rumor.

Though I could see they might get something relatively small from Rockstar with GTA6 thanks to that slot.

Last edited:

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
These moneyhats looking like Sony's master plan to ensure 3rd Parties first prioritize their design & utilization of PS5's SSD.

Hopefully these deals offset any potential next gen price increase.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
I actually ended up enjoying that State of Play more than I expected to, even if I'll probably never play any of the games.

Menaged

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished Ghost.

A great game, with a gorgeous world and a super fun combat system.

Definitely Sucker Punch's best game to date.

And with all the GaaS games going around lately, I'm thankful we have Sony to provide such experiences.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
These moneyhats looking like Sony's master plan to ensure 3rd Parties first prioritize their design & utilization of PS5's SSD.

Hopefully these deals offset any potential next gen price increase.
Great point, I could see this being part of the motive. Many were trying to downplay by saying only first party would take advantage of them (and the new controller), which was actually already a good thing and not a weakness like they tried to portray it given the quality of Sony's first party, but this potentially gets more third parties prioritizing and/or better prioritizing the unique advantages of their custom design too.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Some oldies from OT threads gone by:

I was hoping that the June event would instill the same feelings I had when I saw this gameplay segment. R&C came mighty close but that 1080p stream rather inhibited that. If Horizon II was shown off as a playable demo, I think that could have been the one.

I never have much money at any given time but what little money I have after bills I enjoy/prefer spending it on others. It always makes me glad to see how excited people get when they learn they won and I send them their prize, just happy to help make someones day even a little better.

That is very kind of you. I may come off as a cynic but in these economically uncertain times, it is good to accrue some savings for when the next rainy period comes and you may need to provide not only for yourself but your close family as well (in this case, your mother) for a period of time.

Looking at (among other 'things') games I have purchased over the years which are now part of my exceedingly large backlog, I have often wondered to myself, "What the hell was I thinking...". I could have put that money to better use. But hindsight is always 20/20. Your source of gratification is inherently more noble and yet economic vigilance is required to avoid monetary shortfalls, especially, in these times.

I apologize for being a downer and honestly I have been inspired to the point of following in your footsteps once I am more economically stable.

PS: I am happy for you and your new occupation.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

True but it would have to be something of that caliber or close to it to justify the hype that these insiders are spinning.

Here are his 6 favorite PS4 games (mid-2017):
blog.playstation.com

Discover The Creators: Hermen Hulst’s Top 6 PS4 Games

Introducing Discover the Creators, a new PlayStation Store program where we ask some of the biggest names in the biz to pick their favorite games. First up, Guerrilla's Hermen Hulst.

Don't get your hopes up.

MGSV?

He has my vote.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ

Griffins22

Oct 30, 2017
That Control DLC has me thinking, if I have the PS4 version do I get a free upgrade to the PS5 version? I know that's the case for a lot of games, but IDK if all publishers are doing it.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That Control DLC has me thinking, if I have the PS4 version do I get a free upgrade to the PS5 version? I know that's the case for a lot of games, but IDK if all publishers are doing it.

Remedy said Control would be coming to PS5/XSX back in June but didn't give any details about whether or not it's a free upgrade or a port or what. I could see them doing a free upgrade for people who already own it on current gen, and then maybe a next gen GOTY edition with both DLCs.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
There is a rumor that all games with PlayStation Advantage deal will have to use one common box theme on all platforms.

Every exclusivity deal from Sony includes this PlayStation Advantage theme and will clearly show all the... advantages.

The rumored box for Marvel Avengers:

advantageboxgxk7p.jpg

/jk
You son of a... I was buying into it untill I soon the optimized for logo.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Actually this is a good point same with thew Dualsense features
Shoot, forgot about the Dualsense, but that's absolutely a factor too.

Instead of all this money hats, why couldn't they throw money at developing a JRPG lol

These Sony JRPG requests gotta mention a dev because IDK who Sony would even trust in to deliver a good AAA JRPG with their First Party standards.

Like Tri-Ace? Level-5? Media.Vision? Falcom? Nippon Ichi? Maybe even Platinum?

Can they match or perform better than SE with Project Athia, FFXVI, and FFVII Remake 2? Maybe Atlus if Sony moneyhat their next gen projects too?

Icolin

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar
imran post

www.resetera.com

Imran Khan: "Sony has locked timed exclusivity for some huge and widely known multiplatform games" News

I don't like to come into threads where I am the subject because people are usually not polite and any appearance leads to 30 notifications asking "Where's the details, tho?" But yes. Echoing what Matt said. There isn't a major third party out there Sony failed to approach asking what kind of...

I don't like to come into threads where I am the subject because people are usually not polite and any appearance leads to 30 notifications asking "Where's the details, tho?"

But yes. Echoing what Matt said. There isn't a major third party out there Sony failed to approach asking what kind of deals they could work out. Some had content, some had games, some had content and games. It is not like Microsoft was not willing to offer, they just didn't want to pay the asking price, because Sony approached with pretty high numbers in the first place.

That "PlayStation Advantage" branding and "Console Exclusive" wording are both going to get a lot of use in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.