• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017

Some big new games launched in October, and three of those big new games topped the PS4 charts at PlayStation Store. Congratulations to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (well-deserved, I'd say), Ghost Recon Breakpoint, and The Outer Worlds!

No big surprises elsewhere, as Beat Saber and Fortnite continue to dominate the PS VR and free-to-play lists. Finally, Destiny 2: Shadowkeep claimed the number 2 spot on the DLC / Expansions side.

PS4 games :
  1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (New)
  2. Ghost Recon: Breakpoint (New)
  3. The Outer Worlds (New)
  4. FIFA 20 (3)
  5. Minecraft (4)
  6. NBA 2K20 (1)
  7. Madden NFL 20 (5)
  8. GTA V (9)
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (RE)
  10. Borderlands 3 (2)
  11. Rainbow Six Siege (8)
  12. Mortal Kombat 11 (RE)
  13. Red Dead Redemption 2 (14)
  14. Rocket League (RE)
  15. God of War (RE)
  16. Marvel's Spider-Man (19)
  17. WWE 2K20 (New)
  18. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (17)
  19. The Forest (RE)
  20. NHL 20 (7)

PS VR games :
  1. Beat Saber
  2. Superhot VR
  3. Skyrim VR
  4. Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted
  5. Job Simulator
  6. Creed: Rise to Glory
  7. Borderlands 2 VR
  8. Firewall Zero Hour
  9. Blood & Truth
  10. PlayStation VR Worlds

Call of Duty's return to present day warfare saw Infinity Ward's shooter claim the top spot in last month's PlayStation Store download charts.

But it wasn't the only new title to debut in the top 20. Ubisoft's own military shooter Ghost Recon Breakpoint snatched fourth, Obsidian's sci-fi RPG The Outer Worlds placed seventh while undead romp MediEvil's PS4 remaster grabbed ninth place.

Destiny 2: Shadowkeep is #3 on the DLC rankings

PS4 games :
  1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (New)
  2. FIFA 20 (1)
  3. Grand Theft Auto V (8)
  4. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint (New)
  5. Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition (3)
  6. Red Dead Redemption 2 (13)
  7. The Outer Worlds (New)
  8. Marvel's Spider-Man (RE)
  9. MediEvil (New)
  10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (RE)
  11. Rocket League (RE)
  12. Need for Speed Payback (11)
  13. The Forest (20)
  14. eFootball PES 2020 (6)
  15. EA Sports UFC 3 (10)
  16. Battlefield V (RE)
  17. ARK: Survival Evolved (RE)
  18. Battlefield 1 (RE)
  19. Mortal Kombat 11 (RE)
  20. Days Gone (RE)

PS VR games :
  1. Beat Saber (1)
  2. Blood & Truth (2)
  3. Job Simulator (3)
  4. Superhot VR (4)
  5. Astro Bot Rescue Mission (RE)
  6. Batman: Arkham VR (RE)
  7. Moss (RE)
  8. Creed: Rise to Glory (8)
  9. Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted (6)
  10. Robinson: The Journey (RE)

Oct 27, 2017
That cultural difference was expected for MediEvil but there is one I still can't tolerate : US PS VR owners have to do something about Astro Bot.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No big surprised but The Outer World's success is a great story. They obviously never had Call Of Duty numbers in mind but it seems like a lot of people are playing it and loving it on a variety of consoles. I yet have to start playing it, other games I'm busy with keep me from doing so because I know I'd drop it, but it's great to see how it's doing.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Good for Outerworlds, so much for people not playing it because a sequel won't come out on PS.

Game is excellent and a natural evolution of the Fallout series.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I see 20 people in Europe who purchased MediEvil twice to give the game away to family and friends they dislike are going to be happy about that 9th place.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
some people were expecting digital sales to save concrete genie, but it was obvious when a game flops that much at retail sales it's not gonna do a lot in digital sales either.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No Medievil? I'm heartbroken. I had hopes that it would do better than that. There goes the dream of a Medievil 2 remaster.

Happy about The Outer Worlds tho. Game's fantastic.

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
Late gen AA Sony software not having notable sales isn't anything new. Just be glad they're still greenlighting those games.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
As an American I always find it fascinating how well certain PS classics sell in Europe. There is immense loyalty to the brand.
Yep. Let's not forget that Europe carried the PS3, while the 360 was clearly outselling it in the US.

Jim Ryan did a great job over here.

Playing on a console is for a lot of people playing on a Playstation. It is completely normal to buy a PS over here, especially when you are more a casual player with 1 console only. That's the console you friends have at home too.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
As depressing as ever. We don't deserve this franchise.

I am enamored by the idea of playing these games on the go which really is a lie as I haven't touched my Vita in years. I was hoping for a Switch port but one of their executives nixed that rumor. So it will continue of PS4/5.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know there's a lot of talk about the Outer Worlds sequel being an exclusive to XBOX. Personally, I've always thought that that PR was PR directed, specifically, at the core community.

These numbers on PS and the revenue stream is hard to dismiss.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
As an American I always find it fascinating how well certain PS classics sell in Europe. There is immense loyalty to the brand.

It's because PS1 was the big console of that gen here. Hell, SEGA was always the console of choice where I live in the 8 and 16 bit eras, with Nintendo only really getting huge with Pokémon on the GBC.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
I know there's a lot of talk about the Outer Worlds sequel being an exclusive to XBOX. Personally, I've always thought that that PR was PR directed, specifically, at the core community.

They aren't releasing a sequel on PS unless Sony lets MS put Gamepass on PS. Sorry mate.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Again, they don't seem to care about individual sales.

If they really cared about sales on other consoles they'd put every first party game on switch and PlayStation