• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Would it be too soon for a Bluepoint MGS reveal? We know they were already working on a second project for a while before DS released, I believe. I'd normally say it'd be an E3 level reveal pre-COVID, but I could see it at a State of Play now.

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Oh shit, are they gonna finally announce they're buying Bluepoint tomorrow?! Is that one thread here finally going to be redeemed?!

Jul 10, 2020
Take this with a very huuuge grain of salt.

A 4chan user posted the supposedly press release of the upgraded version of Final Fantasy VII REMAKE called Ever Crisis, this is the alleged press release statement:

FINAL FANTASY VII: EVER CRISIS is the definitive edition of the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. With additional features and stunning visual enhancements, the award-winning video game takes full advantage of the powerful new console. The new additions include
  • Performance Mode which targets 60fps with 1440p render resolution and 4K output or Graphics Mode at 30fps with ray tracing at 1440p render resolution and 4K output (PlayStation®5 exclusive)
  • Full DualSense support (PlayStation®5 exclusive)
  • Two brand new chapters: Chapter 8.5 "All Dressed Up" and a mysterious Chapter 19
  • A new boss battle, various new arena battles and a Boss Select Mode
  • Materia Quick Change
FINAL FANTASY VII: EVER CRISIS will launch globally on April 10, 2021 for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 and can be purchased for $59.99/€69.99/£59.99. Pre-order now to receive the exclusive in-game weapon "Butterfly Edge" for Cloud Strife.
Another anonymous poster replied with:

That coincides with what I have heard.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Would it be too soon for a Bluepoint MGS reveal? We know they were already working on a second project for a while before DS released, I believe. I'd normally say it'd be an E3 level reveal pre-COVID, but I could see it at a State of Play now.

According to the original leaker of that rumor, the whole MGS stuff is very early in development and most in the industry are not aware of its existence due to that (which is why the VGC said that Konami was actively looking to outsource the property instead of saying something was in development). Taking that at face value, we probably won't see anything from it for at least a year, and realistically could be even longer because if that's true and the scope of that project is to the degree she said, it's probably 2023 at the earliest

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

A 4chan user posted the supposedly press release of the upgraded version of Final Fantasy VII REMAKE called Ever Crisis, this is the alleged press release statement:

Certainly sounds realistic enough and about what you'd except. No upgrade option mentioned. Hopefully, those additional episodes come as DLC to the PS4 version but wouldn't be surprised if they don't

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017

This sounds good, but unless there are exactly ZERO 240p textures in the game so it looks like a finished product this time and the story stuff is pretty substantial and meaningful I can't say it'll be worth buying again on day 1 for me.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
1614119843729.jpg

Hmm. Project Athia is called Forspoken? If true.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
1614119843729.jpg

If that is the guy I think it is, his record is pretty poor and a lot of what he gets right is piggybacking off other insiders so I wouldn't put much faith into it until others are saying something similar

Edit: Nevermind, this was a case of mistaken identity

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Not gonna be good if they offer base FF7 for March tomorrow and announce the remaster coming in a month or little more and not being free and being paid. This will create a huge paradox. Also they didn't even make some of the pre-order bonuses like Chocobo Chick summon available later like what they did before for other games, now they are forcing another new pre-order only exclusive? This is really a huge stretch and cringe.

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
If there is a paid remaster coming, I have a hard time believing the Plus rumor is true, as why would they kill sales of the remaster by offering a free version a month beforehand? Unless there's a special upgrade discount or something.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
If there is a paid remaster coming, I have a hard time believing the Plus rumor is true, as why would they kill sales of the remaster by offering a free version a month beforehand? Unless there's a special upgrade discount or something.

Get people hooked so they'll buy at full
price again for more story content maybe.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That handsome young man in the comment above is me. (It's a Disqus comment btw, which is why you can't find it on Twitter PLASTICA-MAN.)

I was just making an educated guess lol. If I know something I will usually just say it straight out.

Also for anyone wondering about Forspoken, it was trademarked by Square Enix worldwide. Also the domain for project-athia.com was last updated on the same day as the last update for the domains forspoken.com, forspokengame.com, and forspoken-game.com (which was October 21), and all four domains are registered by CSC Corporate Domains.

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So is Death Stranding going to be here or what

It's just a 30 minute show that will be filled with fodders and fillers and watsed transitions and even maybe interviews. Add to that the reveal of March PS Plus games and maybe Outriders demo announcement trailer for the same day, if you want FF7R PS5, GOWR and SH (which may or may not happen) you have to sacrifice a spot for DS EE.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get people hooked so they'll buy at full
price again for more story content maybe.
Only side hard fans and people who haven't played the game would buy the PS5 version. Giving the PS4 version for free sounds like you're just killing your own sales. I could absolutely see them doing it before part II drops.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Only side hard fans and people who haven't played the game would buy the PS5 version. Giving the PS4 version for free sounds like you're just killing your own sales. I could absolutely see them doing it before part II drops.

I don't know, maybe they are going by the old school crack cocaine principle. I don't know.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
1614119843729.jpg

This is me completely spitballing - and almost definitely wrong - but I wonder if Forspoken ends up being this:

www.resetera.com

Valkyrie Anatomia studio Dokidoki Groove Works hiring for development of large-scale PS4 RPG

Valkyrie Anatomia is the Valkyrie Profile gacha game that came out in 2016. Dokidoki Groove Works is its developer and they are scaling up to help with a large PS4 RPG made in UE4 apparently. From Gematsu: More at the link...

It sounds plenty Valkyrie Profile-ish, and the timeline for that project put it at about a ~2022ish release (pre-Covid). I only bring it up because I saw that Valkyrie Anatomia was shutting down in April after 5 years of operation.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
IF Sony announces FF7 R as a PS+ game.. I think they will announce we all get the PS5 version for freeif you have a PS5. Like Control Ultimate Edition. After a month of PS+, it will be on sale at the normal price.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
IF Sony announces FF7 R as a PS+ game.. I think they will announce we all get the PS5 version for freeif you have a PS5. Like Control Ultimate Edition. After a month of PS+, it will be on sale at the normal price.

Yeah I think waiting for SOP to announce the free PS Plus games of March whiel they coudl have done them a day earlier is the reason behind this. they want to do anotehr Control UE stunt to please players.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
What are we missing in terms of recent-ish PS4 games that you would have expected ps5 tweaks for? If FFVIIR gets a definitive edition (with paid upgrade presumably) does that really just leave TLOU2 and Death Stranding?

Last edited: